Ultimis in the Pentagon

• Moderators

I am currently working on a theory, but I felt this one had priority. It's no theory, just a quick thought about something recent. So excuse me for the bad quality, time and quality are not really the things that can be associated with this quick post.

Anyway.

You might've heard about the Five remake trend. It's still not sure if the upcoming map will be Five, but change is high and Blundell recently revealed something interesting about this mysterious map. He said the map was going to cover the old Ultimis crew, but that it wasn't about continuing Ultimis’ story (clear reference to the community's question about what happened to Ultimis after the events of Moon), but merely about answering some unanswered questions in the old story. So if, and only if, this map will be about Ultimis in Five, when does it take place? Certainly not after Moon, so it basically has to take place between two old maps…

I'm going for the time between Kino der Toten and Ascension. Why? First of all, among with the period between Shangri La en No Man's Land, this time is most likely the most mysterious part in the travels of Ultimis. They are last seen in a German theatre and suddenly fly in a landing pad above a Soviet Cosmodrome. Not to mention all other mysteries these two maps still have.

Secondly, it would fit perfectly. During Kino the characters are even able to teleport shortly to a room believed to be located in the Pentagon. Remember the hidden MTD behind a barrier in the laboratories in Five? American troops most likely retrieved this device from Der Riese after the standoff at the end of World War II, and if there is a MTD, there has to be a linking pad as well. What if scientists in the Pentagon were investigating this linking pad, and accidentally activated it while Ultimis was using the MTD in Kino der Toten? This would mean that they would really fully teleport to the Pentagon, and not merely for a short time. Samantha would have followed them with the undead, and possibly also Yuri, who was in her power now. This caused the outbreak in the Pentagon. The scientist and security all died, while Ultimis kept fighting the undead off. At a certain moment, the Thundergun was out of ammo and Ultimis might have simply left it there, which is why we see it laying on a table in Five. Meanwhile, Kennedy, Castro, Nixon and McNamara were holding a conference upstairs, when suddenly the undead also broke into their room, starting the events of Five. At that time, Ultimis was gone already, under way to Ascension. They could have found a moon lander in the Pentagon, though those vehicles don't have enough fuel to travel that far. The most likely reason is that they used the stolen 935 MTD or one of the American teleporters to teleport near the Cosmodrome, and find a moon lander here.

Just a possibility. How do you all think about this? Any ideas yourself?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

How do you all think about this? Any ideas yourself?

To this day I still completely adore the O4 so them being back, even if it is only one time, is worth it and then also being on FIVE is insanely good, I really enjoyed that map. But I'd rather have a CotD remake, but I digress.

From a story standpoint I am a bit torn, cause the early story was J.Z.'s baby and Blundell retconing the sh*t out of the story is something that really grinds my gears, but in my perfect little world, Jason would call Jimmy and ask how he would place this Pentagon map in the time line.

But whatever: we are getting 4 maps on launch, which has me excited.

• Moderators

I think it will be really interesting to have a map with Blundell-type writing and story and characters from a much... simpler time in Zombies history. As much as I love Ultimis, they barely have any character, but this is perfect opportunity for them to flesh them out more and answer SOOOOO many questions. The only thing that saddens me is how this will affect the Storybook. It seems with every new release in this series I am set back and slightly discouraged to write knowing the canon could change at any moment, because it is really important to me I stay authentic to the canon because my work isn't supposed to be fan-fiction, it's supposed to be viewing the existing story in a different way. That's why I was lowkey hoping this game would have a new storyline, which it does, but things about the old one are still changing and I don't know what to do.

Anyway, this isn't about me. I really like the idea of clearing up inconsistencies and filling in gaps in the old story with this game while introducing a new one. I appreciate Blundell not completely abandoning Ultimis and Victis, and I'm really curious where Classified goes. One issue I kind of have is that all of this didn't really appear in the timeline, since it is supposed to be the timeline from Primis Richtofen's perspective. Why he would find the events of Ascension important, but not Classified seems odd, and leads me to believe what happens in the map is very unimportant. I feel the same way about Blood of the Dead, since whatever crazy things happen in it, it must not be important enough for Richtofen to see it in the timeline. I'm kind of skeptical about continuing the old story unless it is the breaking of some kind of cycle, and thus Richtofen does not see the events in the version of the timeline we see.

It's interesting that you say Yuri is already under Sam's control. I'm certain they won't leave out the iconic boss. If Ultimis are going to meet Yuri, then Classified is going to take place before "Five" but AFTER the events of the ascension radios. 

Jason Blundell said in one of his recent E3 interviews that the negative space in the timeline is just as important as the space that's filled in. I don't think anyone really believed that Ultimis flew a lunar lander directly from a theater in Berlin all the way to ascension. That's like 3000 miles. 

See, they could in principle go back and add inbetweenie maps for a lot of the story. Shangri-La to Area 51 anybody? 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Electric Jesus said:

It's interesting that you say Yuri is already under Sam's control. I'm certain they won't leave out the iconic boss. If Ultimis are going to meet Yuri, then Classified is going to take place before "Five" but AFTER the events of the ascension radios. 

Jason Blundell said in one of his recent E3 interviews that the negative space in the timeline is just as important as the space that's filled in. I don't think anyone really believed that Ultimis flew a lunar lander directly from a theater in Berlin all the way to ascension. That's like 3000 miles. 

See, they could in principle go back and add inbetweenie maps for a lot of the story. Shangri-La to Area 51 anybody? 

Hmm, did Blundell said that recently once again? I remember him saying that during the BO3 days. It's curious he comes up with that statement again.

I'm in particular interested in the whole Die Glocke thing, especially in regards with Broken Arrow and the Nuketown 'drill'. 

• Moderators
On 6/15/2018 at 7:16 AM, RadZakpak said:

The only thing that saddens me is how this will affect the Storybook. It seems with every new release in this series I am set back and slightly discouraged to write knowing the canon could change at any moment, because it is really important to me I stay authentic to the canon because my work isn't supposed to be fan-fiction, it's supposed to be viewing the existing story in a different way. That's why I was lowkey hoping this game would have a new storyline, which it does, but things about the old one are still changing and I don't know what to do.

I see your point, yet I think Blundell will further leave the old story for what it is. Your "FIVE" chapters don't need to change and you can easily continue Ultimis' story after Kino with the new Five part. And otherwise you can always continue with the Tales of the Multiverse stories such as Honor's Suffering. I guess those won't be affected by Blundell's new story (changes). Respect for what you are doing!

Archived