JJMFP

Titanic.jpg

What Are The Best Possible Playable Areas?

I am extremely excited about being able to step up onto the RMS Titanic for the first time.  In this post, I will attempt to highlight the best possible places for Call Of Duty to give us access to explore.  I hope you enjoy this detailed analysis of the ship and my views on playable areas and story. Theories are highlighted in Red.

1. Boat Deck - This is the top of the ship and has the most visible space, besides the bow and the stern.  It is on this level that you will find the first class entrance staircase and elevators.  There is plenty of room to run the first and second class promenade with the restricted access "Officers Promenade" and Wheel House near the front.  The boat deck is an obvious choice.  Notable sleeping areas include Captain Edward John Smith's quarters and William McMaster Murdoch's sleeping area, which is the ships first officer.  We will more than likely have to get to the Wheel House at some point.  I think getting up to this restricted area may be a major plot point.BoatdeckS).gif
  2. A Deck (Promenade) - Deck A has by far the best room for running within an indoor environment.  A Deck hosts the First Class Lounge, Reading and Writing Room, the First Class Smoke Room, and large Promenade that has plenty of room to get around those newly turned passengers.  In the bow of the ship's A Deck is more sleeping quarters with a square hallway servicing them.  Notable passengers of this deck included Washington Augustus Roebling II, who was an engineer and the overseer of the construction of the Brooklyn Bridge and served in the American Civil War.  He was present during the Battle of Gettysburg.  This deck has plenty of space for Treyarch to work with.  I can see zombie spawn points inside windows and lifeboats as well as in other rooms on the inside.  As a popular place to go and get fresh air, this will be great for hordes of zombies and could be the starting point for our characters.  As far as ship decks go, this is the most open and manageable.  We will more than likely be able to explore most of this deck as it will be the majority of the time we spend fighting zombies.A_deckSO.gif
  3. B Deck - There is nothing notable about B Deck, other than it hosts the second class smoke room.  I cannot see having access to the whole deck, but this floor has open space to offer.  With plenty of dining spaces on the floor above, I believe B Deck will be significantly blocked off in the middle.   What it does have is the 3rd Class Promenade (Poop Deck) and the Forecastle (where the crow's nest is) and these two areas may have room for concern.  "ICEBERG"!!!!!!  I am anxious to see how much of these theories hit the mark.  This deck has great potential to place must get items in order to build Shields, Wonder Weapons, and the sort.  I see Pack-a-Punch being on the Poop Deck or Forecastle and needing to unlock in a particular kind of way.B_deckSO.gif
  4. C Deck - More rooms and cramped spaces.  Coming down this far would mean locating something specific.  I will leave it up to you to decide if this deck is even used.C_deckSO.gif
  5. D Deck - Now this is where it gets a little interesting. Remember the First Class entrance staircase from the Boat Deck.  When it reaches D Deck, the infamous Grand Staircase opens up to the Reception Room which then leads to the Dining Saloon.  This one deck is probably the most famous deck due to its lavish design and first class appeal.  Here you will also find the Galley (Kitchen) and the Second Class Dining Saloon.  All of which would make great areas for the game, but one stands out to me the most.  Left of center, butted up to the Second Class Saloon, on the right side of the ship you will find the Hospital and Infectious Disease Room.  OH JOY!  Besides B Deck, Deck D is the other deck we will be frequenting most often.  I can see a sort of back and forth in the near future as well as some "Timed Team Effort" Puzzles.  Get your Mic's ready because communication is definitely going to be a must here.D_deckSO.gif
  6. E F G Decks - Decks E F & G host more rooms, Baggage, a swimming pool, Racquet Court, and Third Class Dinning.  It has nothing else notable than these amenities.  Deck EE_deckSO.gifDeck FF_deckSO.gif

Deck GG_deckSO.gif

1. Orlop Deck - This last deck hosts a Refrigerated Cargo, First & Second Class Cargo, Boiler Rooms, Champagne and Wine Storage (Oh Nicolai Belinski), and Mailroom.  Below the Orlop Deck, you will find the Reciprocating Engine Room, Coal Storage, Boilers, Turbine Engine Room, and all 16 water tight bulkheads labeled A-P.  The Mail Room is of importance.  Since the Telegrapher had a HUGE part in the ships sinking, coming back to the mailroom is likely.  Mail left by others may tell how next to proceed.OrlopSO.gif

I am not suggesting a full replica by no means, but the Titanic has massive potential in the Black Ops Zombies Epic.  Lots of narrow corridors and training rooms for crawler keepers gives me hope that this map will live up to the legend of the RMS Titanic.  With The Call of Duty brand getting an overhaul, and the concentration on large multiplayer, I am sure that all the extra attention that BLOPS Zombies is getting is sure to impress.

Comment on your theories as to possible story and playable areas.  Let's give this the full on treatment :star:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Nice thread, buddy.

I am thinking, since the Iceberg was shown at the end of the cinematic, the map would not be on the Titanic. (Maybe only at the begining and then we are on a timer to get off the boat, but that would be a lot of wasted potential.

The engine room should hopefully be spooky as fuck though. haha

• Moderators
On 6/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, Lenne said:

Nice thread, buddy.

I am thinking, since the Iceberg was shown at the end of the cinematic, the map would not be on the Titanic. (Maybe only at the begining and then we are on a timer to get off the boat, but that would be a lot of wasted potential.

Couldn't the map take place in the half sinking Titanic? After colliding with the iceberg, the shot wasn't immediately gone, was it?

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Couldn't the map take place in the half sinking Titanic? After colliding with the iceberg, the shot wasn't immediately gone, was it?

Guess that could be a possibility. Maybe we will have to "fix" the sinking Titanic or the game will be over when a certain round is reached. That would be quirky. ^^

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:35 AM, Lenne said:

Nice thread, buddy.

Through the interview with Blundell, I gather that it is on the Titanic and in no way effects the actual event itself.  Instead, it is supposed to highlight the untold storyline that was happening in conjunction with the sinking.  Remember, just because you are not on the manifest, it does not mean that you were not there.  He also highlighted that there will be "choke points".  Oh I am getting excited.  This iteration is supposed to get back the old school feel of things and nothing pissed me off more than not being able to get by a zombie without having to kill.  That is a good thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived