• Moderators

Guten Tag, you lovely bunch of people.

Like 5 minutes ago I was browsing the Twitters and noticed how E3 was just 6 weeks away, so I thought to meself how a) I haven't made a topic in a couple of months and b) we didn't have a E3 topic last year and seeing how I will most likely be able to witness it all live for the first time since 2013, it is time to get the hype train started for the glorious event.

So what are you people looking forward to, what do you expect, what do you want?

I am looking forward to geting a release date for KH III, I expect Activision to have a new deal with Microsoft in regards to DLC exclusitivity, cause let's be honest: it is better for the forum this way and I am a gameplay guy anyway. I want the quirky lady from Ubisoft to moderate its conference again oh and KH III should be the last game at Sony's.

Other than that I am curious to see some unexpected bombshells like Half Life 3 and a sequel to POP 2008, but I know these wishes probably won't happen.

sequel announce GIF

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Yeah, I know about that, but that is not the (official) game.

Los Angeles.

Have you ever watched something of E3? If not you should really do that! Most of the time it is loads of fun not only to see some new games being anounced, but most of the time the conferences are so awkward, it is stupidly funny.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Lenne said:

Yeah, I know about that, but that is not the (official) game.

Los Angeles.

Have you ever watched something of E3? If not you should really do that! Most of the time it is loads of fun not only to see some new games being anounced, but most of the time the conferences are so awkward, it is stupidly funny.

I have only watched the indie game stuff. I like that

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 10:40 AM, Lenne said:

Sh*t is about to get spicy. B)

Oh wow, that is exciting! We usually don’t get zombie news at E3. I was expecting I would have to wait until people start leaking everything during Comic Con.

Blizzcon and E3 are my favorite gaming events.

As for the games I am interested in/ hope get an announcement:

Call of Duty ( WAW remaster please???)

Smash Brothers for Switch

Pokemon for Switch

The new Metroid Prime

Starfield

Doom II

A new Elder Scrolls or Fallout (A man can dream)

Cyberpunk 2077

Halo VI

Something from Blizzard would be cool too

I am also looking forward to any of the surprise reveals that happen

Edit- Forgot to add Red Dead Redemption II

• Moderators
On 5/19/2018 at 2:20 AM, Mattzs said:

A new Elder Scrolls or Fallout (A man can dream)

A new Elder Scrolls is very likely. I read that somewhere a while ago. Not to mention it would be Elder Scrolls turn, cause I doubt Bethesda will release two Fallouts back to back at this point.

Yes, Red Dead I am looking forward to as well, hopefully we'll get some actual gameplay, though R* is a bit apprehensive when it comes to E3 and showing things off, but we'll see.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:04 AM, Lenne said:

A new Elder Scrolls is very likely. I read that somewhere a while ago. Not to mention it would be Elder Scrolls turn, cause I doubt Bethesda will release two Fallouts back to back at this point.

Yes, Red Dead I am looking forward to as well, hopefully we'll get some actual gameplay, though R* is a bit apprehensive when it comes to E3 and showing things off, but we'll see.

I hope so! I thought I heard something about Bethesda wanting to release new ips  like Starfield before going back to Elder Scrolls.

I am optimistic that Rockstar will show some gameplay for the new Read Dead. It has been years since GTA V was announced. I imagine if they are going to be at E3 they will have some substance to their press conference. Also, Undead Nightmare part II (or prequel)?

1 hour ago, Lenne said:

Looking at how GTA V didn't get proper Single Player DLC, I won' get my hopes up for that. <sodemoji.1f615></sodemoji.1f615>

That is true. I am still surprised GTA V did not get an extension to the single player. It was because GTA Online was extremely successful, right?
I will say though, a Red Dead Online would be very fun.  Maybe they can put a zombies story in the online mode (if they have one)? An open-world outbreak event would be really fun; similar to World of Warcraft’s scourge invasion event.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

DeiL3TLW0AAgJEr.jpg:large

On 5/23/2018 at 11:16 PM, Mattzs said:

That is true. I am still surprised GTA V did not get an extension to the single player. It was because GTA Online was extremely successful, right?

Not only that, cause R* also said, the two TLAD and TBOGT weren't that succesful. Which hurts a lot, cause I think those DLCs are still the best DLC any game ever got.

On 6/1/2018 at 9:21 AM, Lenne said:

DeiL3TLW0AAgJEr.jpg:large

Not only that, cause R* also said, the two TLAD and TBOGT weren't that succesful. Which hurts a lot, cause I think those DLCs are still the best DLC any game ever got.

Interesting, I never knew that. I did not play much of GTA IV, but from what I have seen the game and its DLC seemed like a blast. I thought it was really neat how TLAD (iirc)  intertwined the protagonists' stories.

Also, I think the PC gaming show is on Monday. I don't get why they seem to leave that one out. I always have to go digging through all the E3 articles to find the small blurb about the PC gaming show.  Aside from that, I am excited for all the conferences! 

On 5/23/2018 at 5:16 PM, Mattzs said:

I will say though, a Red Dead Online would be very fun.  Maybe they can put a zombies story in the online mode (if they have one)? An open-world outbreak event would be really fun; similar to World of Warcraft’s scourge invasion event.

most of the single player dlc got scrapped from what I read. anything that was salvageable was turned over to online mode

11 hours ago, Castun50 said:

most of the single player dlc got scrapped from what I read. anything that was salvageable was turned over to online mode

That is a shame. I enjoyed heist mode in online, but that is the only major storyline-esque dlc I can think of. I wish there were more single player dlc story elements incorporated into online.

On 6/7/2018 at 12:00 PM, Lenne said:

I was wondering what happened to Days Gone By. I haven’t been following its development.

Thanks for the E3Coliseum schedule! I’m really looking forward to the Warcraft and the Zombies panel. The Black Ops IV panel is the same thing as the Zombies panel, right?

Jason Blundell said in the Zombies Update Blog Post “While Craig has to remain in ‘Blighty’ for a little while longer, I’m happy to say that I will be back in LA to appear at E3 on a special Zombies panel”

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Treyarch-Blog/Zombies-Update/ba-p/10747000

The Kojima panel and the Mario/Rabbids panel look interesting too.

Lastly, 7 minutes to the Microsoft conference. Halo VI?

I agree. I thought that it was a solid conference. The Halo trailer was a great start. It appears to be a spinoff, maybe? Gears 5, Tomb Raider, and Just Cause were nice additions to the lineup. Gears Pop was adorable. Ending with Cyberpunk 2077 was perfect. The game’s world looks fascinating. I am cautiously optimistic about the Division 2 and Fallout 76. I want them to be fantastic games, but it could go either way. I wish we could have seen gameplay of the new Battletoads.

I wonder when Rockstar will show up. Maybe during Sony’s conference?

Now onto Bethesda!

On 6/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, Lenne said:

Probably.

Meanwhile Square just passes by with a compilation video... 

I missed Square's conference <sodemoji.1f615></sodemoji.1f615>

Rockstar didn't show during Sony's at all. Maybe they are one of the Coliseum events? 

The Smash reveal for Nintendo today sold me. That was amazing!

Also, I think more Black Ops is going to be showcased in a few minutes. Crossing Fingers for ZOmbies!

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Mattzs said:

Rockstar didn't show during Sony's at all. Maybe they are one of the Coliseum events? 

The Smash reveal for Nintendo today sold me. That was amazing!

Also, I think more Black Ops is going to be showcased in a few minutes. Crossing Fingers for ZOmbies!

Nope, I hope this isn't a bad sign as in RDR2 get's delayed again.

Yeah I saw that too, but sadly I am so bad at the Smash games, so I most likely will have to pass on it, but having every fighter from every game is really, really sick.

I assume there wasn't any zombie news?

----

So which was your favourite conference and game being showed off?

Kingdom Hearts III and Sekiro were my favourites and in regards to the conference I gotta go with MS, of course not every game they showed was exclusive, but the fact that they showed game after game with a minimum of talking in between every 3/4 games was pretty good, but also somewhat overwhelming.

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

Nope, I hope this isn't a bad sign as in RDR2 get's delayed again.

Yeah I saw that too, but sadly I am so bad at the Smash games, so I most likely will have to pass on it, but having every fighter from every game is really, really sick.

I assume there wasn't any zombie news?

----

So which was your favourite conference and game being showed off?

Kingdom Hearts III and Sekiro were my favourites and in regards to the conference I gotta go with MS, of course not every game they showed was exclusive, but the fact that they showed game after game with a minimum of talking in between every 3/4 games was pretty good, but also somewhat overwhelming.

Maybe RDR2 will be one of the secret panels? That is what I was hoping for.

I’m alright at Smash Brothers. I mainly enjoy seeing all the franchises that I love come together in one game. That is what makes the game for me. If you are a fan of any series in the game, then you should give it a try!

Nothing huge from what I heard. I had computer issues in the middle of the stream and I couldn’t watch it. I am not sure if it was during the PlayStation stream, but I did read some talk about the Five remaster and the Presidential Crew being in other game modes. However, David Vonderhaar during the Rooster Teeth interview said that the Presidential Crew is not coming to Blackout. And Blundell stated today that the Five remaster will feature the Ultimis Crew instead. From what I gathered, it sounds like a prequel to Five. 

My favorite Conference was probably Nintendo. I am a little biased considering I grew up on Nintendo/Sega games. However, I agree that Microsoft had an excellent stream. There was a sense of excitement every time a new game appeared on the screen. My friends and I would try and guess the game before its reveal. Microsoft’s conference felt like an actual E3 stream. Games, Games, and more Games. But, it was a bit overwhelming.

I think Bethesda had a close second with Doom II and Fallout 76 (I am more optimistic about the game). The teasers for ESO IV and Starfield were really nice. 
My most anticipated game is probably Smash Brothers. As you mentioned, having the entire series’ roster is insane. 

I have never played Kingdom Hearts series, but the games look really fun. Seeing all the Disney and Pixar characters interact is really cool. Crossover games are always neat. Do you think there is a chance that Marvel and Star Wars characters might show up in the new one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 6/13/2018 at 11:56 PM, Mattzs said:

Maybe RDR2 will be one of the secret panels? That is what I was hoping for

I am actually fearing another delay at this point.

Do you think there is a chance that Marvel and Star Wars characters might show up in the new one?

Nomura, the director of KH stated, how he only wanted Projects that were originally made by Disney/Pixar, so no SW or Marvel for now. I also dunno how I'd feel about it to be honest, but a "lightsaber-Keyblade" would be pretty neat. haha

And Blundell stated today that the Five remaster will feature the Ultimis Crew instead. From what I gathered, it sounds like a prequel to Five. 

That is a bit dissapointing, but oh well.

Sorry for the late reply by the way.

Archived