Grief Tournament

anonymous

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/29/2018 at 3:56 AM, anonymous said:

This is a message to every living soul that is still out there

To every not-undead human being that are out there, new folks and veterans, theorists and strategists, survivors and Flesh.

The Element has gone airborn. Contaminates are now infecting the very air we breathe, and while the world is burning, survivors are fighting for that what is left. We must do all whatever it takes to ensure our future as a species. Those who own an Xbox One, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, along with Black Ops II, can take part within the Grief Tournament. Two teams fight the undead, together or against each other. But keep in mind: In the end only one team can make it out alive. The tournament will seperate the strong of the weak, though, this purification will continue untill only one player has won: The semi-finals will have 2 players against 2 other players, and the finals will be a 1V1 match. He or she who wins this, will be awarded with eternal respect and 1000 Divinium, usefull in CoDZ's Store. The 2th rank will be awarded with 750 Divinium, rank 3 and 4 each with 250 Divinium, and every participant will acquire 50 DiviniumAsk yourself, are you capable enough to participate? Don't delay yourself, and do what must be done.

If everything goes according to schedule, the Tournament will start in 10 days. Depending on how many people want to take part, we first have at least one or several 'normal' matches (4V4), followed by the semi-finals (2V2) and the finals (1V1). I self take part of the tournament as well (no biased referee here). If you are interested, comment with the following information:

• What is your Gametag?
  • Do you have the DLC of Mob of the Dead and/or Buried? (If not, no problem. Just need to know)
  • The time you are able to start the tournament in the weekend after the next weekend, so I can start planning the matches. (You can let this know later as well).
  • Your timezone
  • Your console

Charge your Galva-knuckles, and see you on the battlefield! 

So far known survivors:

- Anonymous (XB)

- TenslasterGames (PS)

-Wesleykg (XB)

-TheMeh (XB)

-RequixEclipse (XB)

-McMike199399 (PS)

Hey I get off work 12:00 AM CST so I’ll need about 1 hr 1 hr 1/2.

What is your Gametag?

DeriativeHaramb 

Do you have the DLC of Mob of the Dead and/or Buried? (If not, no problem. Just need to know)

Yes

The time you are able to start the tournament in the weekend after the next weekend, so I can start planning the matches. (You can let this know later as well).

Anywhere from 9:30am to 10pm

Your timezone

AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

Your console

Xbox One

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Deflated said:

What is your Gametag?

DeriativeHaramb 

Do you have the DLC of Mob of the Dead and/or Buried? (If not, no problem. Just need to know)

Yes

The time you are able to start the tournament in the weekend after the next weekend, so I can start planning the matches. (You can let this know later as well).

Anywhere from 9:30am to 10pm

Your timezone

AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

Your console

Xbox One

I've been looking at timezones a bit, and now it becomes complicated. I don't want to lock out Australians, though this is impossible to put in the planning.

So if I have to, I want to retreat out of this tournament: It might make stuff a bit more easy to plan. On top of that, as referee/organizator actually shouldn't even take part. So if all the prior joined survivors don't mind, this will be the new planning:

Spoiler

World_Time_Zones_Map.png

10 AM AEST (Oceania)

7 PM EST (America)

6 PM CST (America)

5 PM MST (America)

4 PM PST (America)

12 PM UK/Portugal

1 AM West EU

2 AM East EU

So once again, @TenslasterGames, @The Meh ,

@RequixEclipse, @wesleykg00, @McMike199399 take a look if you are able this time. If not, we'll keep to the old planning.

6 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I've been looking at timezones a bit, and now it becomes complicated. I don't want to lock out Australians, though this is impossible to put in the planning.

So if I have to, I want to retreat out of this tournament: It might make stuff a bit more easy to plan. On top of that, as referee/organizator actually shouldn't even take part. So if all the prior joined survivors don't mind, this will be the new planning:

Hide contents

World_Time_Zones_Map.png

10 AM AEST (Oceania)

7 PM EST (America)

6 PM CST (America)

5 PM MST (America)

4 PM PST (America)

12 PM UK/Portugal

1 AM West EU

2 AM East EU

So once again, @TenslasterGames, @The Meh ,

@RequixEclipse, @wesleykg00, @McMike199399 take a look if you are able this time. If not, we'll keep to the old planning.

Fine with me, however I won’t be able to stream this, I will

be able to record it however.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, McMike199399 said:

Sunday at 11am is perfect i would prefer earlier but it's doable

Okay, than this planning won't continue. So 11 AM for you if I am right.

OLD SCHEDULE/PLANNING FOLKS! 

@Deflated, I'm sorry to inform you that the tournament won't be possible held on that time. If we ever hold another Grief Tournament, I'll sure to mention you, alright?

22 minutes ago, anonymous said:

@Deflated, I'm sorry to inform you that the tournament won't be possible held on that time. If we ever hold another Grief Tournament, I'll sure to mention you, alright?

Lol, alright, then the stream is back on.  

Just a quick tip for proof of your score. During Trials of the Ancients and Zombie Olympics I found streaming your match via Twitch was easiest method. Id then upload the broadcast from Twitch to Youtube and submitted that link.

• Moderators

@RequixEclipse we got 15 players so far (Unfortunately, only 2 PS3 yet). Might be because I'm on phone, but I cannot see the number of players in the Challonge link. 

@RequixEclipse  And btw, the players SneakyNinja4782, XCaptainMooseX, TBG Lashay and Praemitis wished to put in the same match with each other, if possible. 

@Players Keep an eye on this thread. Things (like times) might change. One person on Reddit was only able to take part if it will start one hour later. Are people here alright with that? If not, I will keep the old planning, of course.

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

@RequixEclipse we got 15 players so far (Unfortunately, only 2 PS3 yet). Might be because I'm on phone, but I cannot see the number of players in the Challonge link. 

@RequixEclipse  And btw, the players SneakyNinja4782, XCaptainMooseX, TBG Lashay and Praemitis wished to put in the same match with each other, if possible. 

@Players Keep an eye on this thread. Things (like times) might change. One person on Reddit was only able to take part if it will start one hour later. Are people here alright with that? If not, I will keep the old planning, of course.

I’ll be sure to check

Since there are 2 of us, will there only be 1 match of a 1v1?

23 hours ago, anonymous said:

Yes 11Am Mountain Time is perfect for me it's everything all set for that

• Moderators
3 hours ago, TenslasterGames said:

I’ll be sure to check

Since there are 2 of us, will there only be 1 match of a 1v1?

I've been thinking about that. Perhaps you like it more to just join an ordinary public match, with you in one team and @McMike199399 in the other team, if that's possible. If you prefer a 1V1 match that's of course possible as well. I have to discuss with @RequixEclipse how we will do it with the finals, though.

30 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I've been thinking about that. Perhaps you like it more to just join an ordinary public match, with you in one team and @McMike199399 in the other team, if that's possible. If you prefer a 1V1 match that's of course possible as well. I have to discuss with @RequixEclipse how we will do it with the finals, though.

Public Matches would be pretty difficult, almost relying on RNG to be on opposite teams.

We could do 3 rounds on Town, since I’m pretty sure he has no DLC. And we can see who wins 2 out of 3. 

If we wanted to expand it we can do that again with Farm.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, TenslasterGames said:

Public Matches would be pretty difficult, almost relying on RNG to be on opposite teams.

We could do 3 rounds on Town, since I’m pretty sure he has no DLC. And we can see who wins 2 out of 3. 

If we wanted to expand it we can do that again with Farm.

So the times are updated in the OP, everyone. Give a shout if you cannot play these times.

@TenslasterGames That's sounds like a good idea. How many matches would you propose to do tomorrow? One or multiple? And in my opinion, I would play Farm at least once, just to have some diversity in maps

22 minutes ago, anonymous said:

So the times are updated in the OP, everyone. Give a shout if you cannot play these times.

@TenslasterGames That's sounds like a good idea. How many matches would you propose to do tomorrow? One or multiple? And in my opinion, I would play Farm at least once, just to have some diversity in maps

I’d say multiple. Maybe we can have 3 or 4 matches on Town, then the same on Farm. Since Mike has no DLC. Unless he buys the DLC before tomorrow.

Archived