Grief Tournament

anonymous

• Moderators

This is a message to every living soul that is still out there

To every not-undead human being that are out there, new folks and veterans, theorists and strategists, survivors and Flesh.

The Element has gone airborne. Contaminates are now infecting the very air we breathe, and while the world is burning, survivors are fighting for that what is left. We must do all whatever it takes to ensure our future as a species. Those who own an Xbox One, Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, along with Black Ops II, can take part within the Grief Tournament. Two teams fight the undead, together or against each other. But keep in mind: In the end only one team can make it out alive. The tournament will separate the strong of the weak, though, this purification will continue until only one player has won: The semi-finals will have 2 players against 2 other players, and the finals will be a 1V1 match. He or she who wins this, will be awarded with eternal respect and 1000 Divinium, useful in CoDZ's Store. The 2th rank will be awarded with 750 Divinium, rank 3 and 4 each with 250 Divinium, and every participant will acquire 50 DiviniumAsk yourself, are you capable enough to participate? Don't delay yourself, and do what must be done.

Round 1: Groups of 4 Compete Head to Head *1 Group Moves On*

(4v4) Best 2:3 Matches Advances

Round 2: Splitting The Winning Group Into 2 Teams *1 Group Moves On*

(2v2) Best 2:3 Matches Advances

Round 3: Splitting For A 1 vs 1 Finale

(1v1) Best 2:3 Matches Wins

• What is your Gametag?
  • Do you have the DLC of Mob of the Dead and/or Buried? (If not, no problem. Just need to know)
  • The time you are able to start the tournament in the weekend after the next weekend, so I can start planning the matches. (You can let this know later as well).
  • Your timezone
  • Your console

Xbox Slayers Registration Link: https://challonge.com/codzgriefxb

PSN Slayers Registration Link:  https://challonge.com/codzgriefpsn

Charge your Galva-knuckles, and see you on the battlefield! 

So Round One will be on Sunday. Is everyone here able to play at 9 PM East-EU, 8 PM West-EU, 7 PM UK/Portugal, 2 PM East-US, 1 PM Central-US, 12 AM Mountain-US and 11 AM Pacific-US.

So far known survivors:

- Anonymous (XB)

- TenslasterGames aka Tenslaster2980 (PS)

-Wesleykg aka WAK Fury (XB)

-TheMeh aka TheChaoticLight (XB)

-RequixEclipse (XB)

-McMike199399 (PS)

-GolemThe3rd (XB)

-WTFuzzle aka WTFvxvFTW (XB)

- Franklin iQ (XB)

- SneakyNinja4782 (XB)

-XCaptainMooseX (XB)

- TBG Lashay (XB)

-Praemitis (XB)

-ThunderfistDE (XB)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
12 hours ago, TenslasterGames said:

GT - Tenslaster2980 (PSN)

All DLC has been bought

Time - Friday: 7:30 PM - whenever

Saturday: 10 AM - whenever

Sunday: 10 AM - 6 PM

Timezone: EST

The first survivor has reported. Glad you take part, and welcome to CoDZ by the way.

Oh, before I forget: what console do you have?

On 3/29/2018 at 4:56 AM, anonymous said:

To every not-undead human being that are out there, new folks and veterans, theorists and strategists, survivors and Flesh.

The Element has gone airborn. Contaminates are now infecting the very air we breathe, and while the world is burning, survivors are fighting for that what is left. We must do all whatever it takes to ensure our future as a species. Those who own an Xbox One, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, along with Black Ops II, can take part within the Grief Tournament. Two teams fight the undead, together or against each other. But keep in mind: In the end only one team can make it out alive. The tournament will seperate the strong of the weak, though, this purification will continue untill only one player has won: The semi-finals will have 2 players against 2 other players, and the finals will be a 1V1 match. He or she who wins this, will be awarded with eternal respect and 1000 Divinium, usefull in CoDZ's Store. The 2th rank will be awarded with 750 Divinium, rank 3 and 4 each with 250 Divinium, and every participant will acquire 50 DiviniumAsk yourself, are you capable enough to participate? Don't delay yourself, and do what must be done.

If everything goes according to schedule, the Tournament will start in 10 days. Depending on how many people want to take part, we first have at least one or several 'normal' matches (4V4), followed by the semi-finals (2V2) and the finals (1V1). I self take part of the tournament as well (no biased referee here). If you are interested, comment with the following information:

• What is your Gametag?
  • Do you have the DLC of Mob of the Dead and/or Buried? (If not, no problem. Just need to know)
  • The time you are able to start the tournament in the weekend after the next weekend, so I can start planning the matches. (You can let this know later as well).
  • Your timezone
  • Your console

So far known survivors:

- Anonymous

- TenslasterGames

Doing a Grief tourney? I'm intrigued... might be able to get a friend or two interested too. As for me, though:

GT: TheChaoticLight

Console: Xbox One... so technically the 360 by that default/extent I suppose... since it's BOII we're talking about.

DLC: Why wouldn't I have it all?  :tongue:

Time available: Depends on the day. I've got heavy classes on Mondays and Wednesday until late at night, with only small gaps between, and have work and am busy until 3PM-ish times on Tuesday/Thursday. I also work a closing shift at my job on Fridays. That being said... I can probably fit stuff in later in the evening on Tuesdays/Thursdays, I have most of the day Friday, and the entire weekend at my disposal.

Time zone: I live in Michigan, so... yeah. I'm not good with time zones, okay? Google says Eastern Time Zone. I'm gonna go with that.

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Appreciated. Don't feel obligated but if they feel like they are more then welcome. @TenslasterGames and @wesleykg00 if you have friends who like to take part as well they too can join. The more souls the more fun.

I sent out a tweet to all my followers, if you allow me to, I can make a video on my Youtube. I only have 112 subs, but it could get some participants. 

Also some quick questions: 

What will happen if all other participants have Xbox, but I’m the only one with PS3? 

If we do not have a squad, will we be paired with other randoms that have signed up?

Edit: I also plan on streaming the event if it’s in a weekend. But only if it’s okay with CODZ.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TenslasterGames said:

I sent out a tweet to all my followers, if you allow me to, I can make a video on my Youtube. I only have 112 subs, but it could get some participants. 

Also some quick questions: 

What will happen if all other participants have Xbox, but I’m the only one with PS3? 

If we do not have a squad, will we be paired with other randoms that have signed up?

Edit: I also plan on streaming the event if it’s in a weekend. But only if it’s okay with CODZ.

That's all alright. The only issue indeed is if you're the only PS3 participant. I'll let you know how we'll handle that if that will actually the case, and I'll think about a solution.

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

That's all alright. The only issue indeed is if you're the only PS3 participant. I'll let you know how we'll handle that if that will actually the case, and I'll think about a solution.

I am currently asking some friends if I can borrow their Xbox, do you have a set date for when the tournament will take place?

I will update you if I’m able to use an Xbox or not.

• Moderators

I'm sorry to say that Friday and Saturday are impossible for me to play in the time you folks are able to play. So Round One will be on Sunday. Is everyone here able to play at 8 PM East-EU, 7 PM West-EU, 6 PM UK/Portugal, 1 PM East-US, 12 AM Central-US, 11 AM Mountain-US and 10 AM Pacific-US. If not no, trouble, we'll plan another time/day. Or if you prefer one hour earlier/later, just say it. Just a first planning. How do you feel about it everyone?

On 3/29/2018 at 2:56 AM, anonymous said:

The Element has gone airborn. Contaminates are now infecting the very air we breathe, and while the world is burning, survivors are fighting for that what is left. We must do all whatever it takes to ensure our future as a species. Those who own an Xbox One, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, along with Black Ops II, can take part within the Grief Tournament. Two teams fight the undead, together or against each other. But keep in mind: In the end only one team can make it out alive. The tournament will seperate the strong of the weak, though, this purification will continue untill only one player has won: The semi-finals will have 2 players against 2 other players, and the finals will be a 1V1 match. He or she who wins this, will be awarded with eternal respect and 1000 Divinium, usefull in CoDZ's Store. The 2th rank will be awarded with 750 Divinium, rank 3 and 4 each with 250 Divinium, and every participant will acquire 50 DiviniumAsk yourself, are you capable enough to participate? Don't delay yourself, and do what must be done.

If everything goes according to schedule, the Tournament will start in 10 days. Depending on how many people want to take part, we first have at least one or several 'normal' matches (4V4), followed by the semi-finals (2V2) and the finals (1V1). I self take part of the tournament as well (no biased referee here). If you are interested, comment with the following information:

• What is your Gametag?
  • Your timezone
  • Your console

So far known survivors:

- Anonymous (XB)

- TenslasterGames (PS)

-Wesleykg (XB)

-TheMeh (XB)

-RequixEclipse (XB)

2 hours ago, McMike199399 said:

So far known survivors:

- Anonymous (XB)

-Wesleykg (XB)

-TheMeh (XB)

-RequixEclipse (XB)

-TenslasterGames (PS)

-McMike199399 (PS)

15 hours ago, anonymous said:

I'm sorry to say that Friday and Saturday are impossible for me to play in the time you folks are able to play. So Round One will be on Sunday. Is everyone here able to play at 8 PM East-EU, 7 PM West-EU, 6 PM UK/Portugal, 1 PM East-US, 12 AM Central-US, 11 AM Mountain-US and 10 AM Pacific-US. If not no, trouble, we'll plan another time/day. Or if you prefer one hour earlier/later, just say it. Just a first planning. How do you feel about it everyone?

The times are fine for me. Not sure for my other PS3 competitor.

Wasn’t able to find anyone with an Xbox I could borrow, so I’m stuck with PS3.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, TenslasterGames said:

The times are fine for me. Not sure for my other PS3 competitor.

Wasn’t able to find anyone with an Xbox I could borrow, so I’m stuck with PS3.

That's no problem. I'll try to find a way to search more PS3 folks.

Edit: @Blurryface, @ZombiesAteMyPizza!, @Silv3r Energy, @Superhands, @Slade to name a random few who pop up in my head. PS3 or no?

Otherwise I could also put a thread on CoD Zombies Reddit, sure quite some PS3 folks over there want to take part. Though I dislike that place for some reason, so I'm not sure. I'm gonna wait one day and otherwise I'll do that.

EDIT 2: Ah fuck it I'm gonna place that post on Reddit today. 

38 minutes ago, anonymous said:

That's no problem. I'll try to find a way to search more PS3 folks.

Edit: @Blurryface, @ZombiesAteMyPizza!, @Silv3r Energy, @Superhands, @Slade to name a random few who pop up in my head. PS3 or no?

Otherwise I could also put a thread on CoD Zombies Reddit, sure quite some PS3 folks over there want to take part. Though I dislike that place for some reason, so I'm not sure. I'm gonna wait one day and otherwise I'll do that.

EDIT 2: Ah fuck it I'm gonna place that post on Reddit today. 

40 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Alright thank you for that. I made an account and signed up for the event, but I do not know anything about Challonge or how it works. Could you explain it?

Challonge is what we used for Ancient Trials/Zombie Olympics. People register and as of now there would be 4 teams. Only 8 players would continue to the final. That would be 4 XB teams which total 16 players (4v4) Best 2/3 Matches. The winning teams face off and yes there is an optional loser bracket

Archived