DLC 2 revealed

anonymous

• Moderators

COD_WWII_DLC_2_Announcement.jpg

So, Straub, Ahnenerbe and our Allied characters are going to Barbarossa's throne?

The Shadowed Throne brings our heroes into the heart of Nazi Germany to confront a desperate and evil regie. Berlin is burning, and Doktor Straub’s monstrous army is hellbent on purging his city of the Allied invaders. Join Marie, Drostan, Olivia, and Jefferson on their descent into madness in a city warped with terror, blood, and war, as Nazi Zombies steps out from the shadows of history.

A few notes:

* The Battle of Berlin took from 16 April to 2 May, and was the absolute end of the Nazi regime and European theatre of WW2. And that while it is only DLC 2. I know it is early to ask, but I still wonder: Why is next?

*The Shadowed Throne? Is Barbarossa's throne in Berlin?

*"steps out of the shadows of history". Does that mean the things that happen now can't be real anymore/are not based on real historic facts anymore? Excluding mythology and medieval history, of course. But zombies in a war in Berlin hardly can be still able to be true in history, if you get what I mean. Or perhaps the zombies are only fighting underground, in a secret battle that the Soviets never reported.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
23 hours ago, anonymous said:

But zombies in a war in Berlin hardly can be still able to be true in history, if you get what I mean

I actually don't really get what you mean. I mean zombies will never be true to history, cause they don't exist, as you know.

Explain yourself, cause I think I am being really dense over here.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lenne said:

I actually don't really get what you mean. I mean zombies will never be true to history, cause they don't exist, as you know.

Explain yourself, cause I think I am being really dense over here.

I mean that Sledgehammer said that everything in the Nazi Zombies storyline is based on real events and could be true (of course, we know it is not, but theoretically it could be). The Final Reich is based on the story of American troops discovering the tombstones of ancient German knights in a salt mine in Bavaria, among with Nazi technology around it, like there used to happen some kind of experiments there. The Darkest Shore takes place in Heligoland, a German fortress that was bombed to the ground in April 1945. Both locations could have had a zombie outbreak, in the way that if something happened there, the rest of the world didn't had to know. An undead army fighting on the streets of Berlin is just too striking, if you understand me.

Of course the zombie outbreaks on the other locations didn't happen as well, but it could be possible. In Berlin that would just be impossible, or it has to take place in underground sewers or within secret bunkers or something. Maybe that's why Sledgehammer said I" steps out of the shadows of history". I hope I am clear enough

(I'm no crazy conspiracy person, I know zombies do not exist in real life, but I hope you see my point).

Oh, and please ignore or delete my prior comment

On 3/27/2018 at 2:30 PM, anonymous said:

*The Shadowed Throne? Is Barbarossa's throne in Berlin?

In all honesty, I really hope we can vary away from just grabbing another piece of the sword. I really didn't like The Darkest Shore because to me, it felt rather boring in the sense that we're just getting another bit of the sword. Doesn't Straub need the ENTIRE sword to summon Barbarossa? Another question: If we're retrieving all of these pieces one after another, WHY ARE WE STILL CHASING STRAUB? If we still have the hilt (and now, pommel) on our person, we're LITERALLY BRINGING THE SWORD TO STRAUB. Sounds a bit counterproductive.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Silv3r Energy said:

Doesn't Straub need the ENTIRE sword to summon Barbarossa? Another question: If we're retrieving all of these pieces one after another, WHY ARE WE STILL CHASING STRAUB? If we still have the hilt (and now, pommel) on our person, we're LITERALLY BRINGING THE SWORD TO STRAUB. Sounds a bit counterproductive.

Honestly never thought of that, good point. And then keep in mind there is still something as the Raven Lords

• Moderators

Searching "Berlin throne" on Ecosia leads to this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pergamon_Altar

The Pergamon Altar, stationed in Berlin, was built by the Greeks in Asia Minor, a.k.a. Turkey, but excavated by a German archeologist in the 19th Century and brought to Berlin. I can't find any ties with Emperor Barbarossa, and probably I'm on the wrong path, but there are quite some conspiracies around this "Throne". Conspiracies about the Nazi's and about Christianity (@certainpersonio one link even spoke about the Spear of Destiny as well). And the fact that it used to be stationed in Turkey, reminds me of the walldrawings in the catacombs in Mittelburg: The Near East-like people surrounding Barbarossa, and the Crusades. Because interesting enough, Barbarossa actually died in Asia Minor.

• Moderators

large.jpeg

This next chapter follows our heroes as they descend into madness in this war-torn epicenter of the Nazi Order.

Now I think about it. We had Verrückt and Kino Der Totem but we never battled the undead on the streets of Berlin.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, certainpersonio said:

There seems to be a theater or concert hall in one of the opening scenes as identified by the neon-lettering above the building. Can anyone identify it?

Lenne is from Berlin, perhaps he can. Furthermore there is actually nothing story-wise I can make up of this trailer BUT MAN IT LOOKS AWESOME!

4 hours ago, certainpersonio said:

@RequixEclipseNot yet. It seems to be a part of complex of luxury buildings. I keep going back and forth on whether or not it looks like the building in the trailer. At the very least it might be a place to start!

And so it begins....

Potsdamer Platz

• Moderators
Just now, anonymous said:

T-thanks.....I guess :P

I knew you're from a city and you're from Eastern Germany, sooooo....Dresden perhaps?

Haha you are welcome.

Oh god, no not Dresden. I live two hours away from Berlin, which is all you get out of me. :P

Back on topic though: Seeing how SHG and the other two dev teams like to rerelease maps, what are the chances we see a section from Kino der Toten in this new map. I know, I know it is highly unlikely, but I would like something along those lines.

Archived