Sign in to follow this  
The Meh

THE UNITY SERIES | Extra Lore

(NOTE: This post, as it stands, pertains to my series of map concepts, aptly called "The Unity Series". You can read about and find links to read the series here.)

Hey, guys, The Meh here.

I don't really know if anyone has looked at what I have in the line of "Director's Cut" versions of my maps. Really, the only reason that I have them is to explain my creative process. Though, as I've come to understand, I keep finding myself alluding to a larger story, one that I know should be there, and yet I just had not created at the time. There's a lot I'd like to touch upon that, in a long term way, will make this story of mine feel... alive, I suppose.

So. With that in mind, I'll be writing extra bits of lore in the form of shorter stories, which I'll be placing in the Zombie Stories forum section. As it stands, I mainly plan to use this to further explain the backstory behind maps like Dunes and Citadel, or further develop the world as it is. 

I know that I've always been a bit of a perfectionist with how I portray this story, and, to anyone who knows my maps... perhaps this is a bit much. But, I promise, this is for the best.

Per aspera ad astra,

-The Meh

===============================================================================================

Contents:

Dunes:

DUNES | "Excerpts from Eidolon Base"

DUNES | "Allonsperi"

Citadel:

CITADEL | "Essence of the Apostates"

CITADEL | "Without Heart"

CITADEL | "Symphony of the Synthetic Sun"

CITADEL | "Order of the Synthetic Sun"

CITADEL | "Fall of the Synthetic Sun"

Prospect:

PROSPECT | "Confessions In A Veil"

PROSPECT | "Nova's Descent"

PROSPECT | "An Ancient Disappearing Act"

PROSPECT | "The Rise and Fall of Theon"

[Classified final map]:

[Classified] | "Adeva"

Do keep in mind, any of the things I put here are subject to removal. As much as I desire to divulge and expand this series' universe, there will inevitably be some things that are understandably out of place.

Alright Meh, let me know when you've updated some stuff. I'm curious to it but don't feel like checking this thread every so often myself to see if there by change is made an update, and I do not know how many times you will add stuff. 

Would you also mind adding the links to the other Unity threads in the OP or in a comment? Just easy for me and others perhaps :P

Awards

4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Alright Meh, let me know when you've updated some stuff. I'm curious to it but don't feel like checking this thread every so often myself to see if there by change is made an update, and I do not know how many times you will add stuff. 

Would you also mind adding the links to the other Unity threads in the OP or in a comment? Just easy for me and others perhaps :P

I'll be sure to do that.

I'm also glad you reminded me, I'll try to place good links somewhere in here and in my main Unity Series post to link between the two (which, if you don't already use the main post for ease... I'd feel bad honestly).

But yeah... give me a bit and I'll fix that up.

I had a question concerning these series. Is the 'Futility' canon or not. It has different characters so I am not sure.

Also, talking about extra lore, maybe you can give us some intel about how the world became like this. You have talked about nuclear/chemical war and overpopulation, and I could very well see some additional information about this twisted past of the world (or future for us). For example a short story about poor people living in megacities like Mexico City, Shanghai or Manila, and discover that their own government, or possible foreign rich governments, use the poor people as 'human guienna pigs', accidentally creating the first zombies. Or people who discover a 'zombie lab' in an hidden building in such poor neighborhood (kinda the Die Rise/Kowloon setting). Imagine the chaos it will bring. Such setting always seemed cool to me for Apocalypse stories.

Awards

On 3/23/2018 at 3:39 PM, anonymous said:

I had a question concerning these series. Is the 'Futility' canon or not. It has different characters so I am not sure.

Also, talking about extra lore, maybe you can give us some intel about how the world became like this. You have talked about nuclear/chemical war and overpopulation, and I could very well see some additional information about this twisted past of the world (or future for us). For example a short story about poor people living in megacities like Mexico City, Shanghai or Manila, and discover that their own government, or possible foreign rich governments, use the poor people as 'human guienna pigs', accidentally creating the first zombies. Or people who discover a 'zombie lab' in an hidden building in such poor neighborhood (kinda the Die Rise/Kowloon setting). Imagine the chaos it will bring. Such setting always seemed cool to me for Apocalypse stories.

I noticed you asked about Futility in the Discord as well, so... I'll try to rephrase it.

Futility, as it stands, is the introduction to the Prophets. The tricky thing about how I wrote things when I started is that I never used names, so the fact that it could be lacking in canon is... not surprising, at the very least. At the same time, what Futility does is lightly describe the characters in a way that doesn't give off their entire backstory, so that such can be elaborated in Unity, whereas it has within the Character section.

Added into that, I suppose... I defy any of Black Ops III - minus weaponry... among some things I can't really tell you - existing in this time. I also defy the possibility of the Zombies Timeline existing. What Futility and Unity were supposed to be was an end to a story that wasn't there at the time (2014), and my best interpretation. The fallout of the world indeed can be attributed to Richtofen in this time. But to keep in mind... humanity chooses to endure. Given... that doesn't last longer than about 50 years, and long enough for these characters to have these experiences... even normal ones, given how much humanity tries. (I will add, I could totally rewrite both in a sensible context. Futility and Unity were my beginnings, and they could always be tweaked. Perhaps the most imperfect map in the series is that which kickstarted it, who knows.)

There's a lot I could go over and I wish I could explain it better, but it's what it is, really. Someday, I may have to rewrite it anyways, but the canon of it as it is hasn't really changed all too much, and I doubt, integrally speaking, that it really will.

I do hope, however, that this at least makes more sense of the story than what it can tell you.