Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello my dear friends,

 

2017 is now officially over, well it has been for almost two days now, but whatever, right, it was quite the year, I mean we had the Olympics, the ZWC and some seriously dedicated people on here, who even visit in the more quiet times... you know who you are. <3 <3 <3

 

Let's hope for some kick ass times on here, this year and more importanly a great Call of Duty by the "OG" Vonderhaar and his buddy Jizzle B. ^^

 

What are you looking forward to other than that?

 

Anything important that is happening to you this year, which you want to share? Go ahead and do just that.

 

Spoiler

The 21st century is now a grown up if we go by good old Deutschland law, let's hope it will be responsible.

 

xoxo

 

- Leendert (just puting my name on here to have @anonymous tell me if it is a common name in the Netherlands and because I want to act fancy.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there are a couple of things, which have me excited for 2018: 

 

  1. Kingdom Hearts III
  2. Call of Duty 2018 (Do me a solid guys and girls and don't call it Black Ops IV, cause let's be honest: Even BO III shouldn't have been BO III.
  3. Kingdom Hearts III
  4. New Florence & The Machine Album
  5. Possibly new Case Closed episodes in german TV
  6. Kingdom Hearts III
  7. Star Wars VIII on Blu Ray ( I have watched and enjoyed it in cinema last week, but that is the problem: I hate going to the cinema, cause it seems like the peeps in there are just jerks... playing on their phone, talk during important scenes and kicking in the back of my seat... ugh and The last Jedi was so insanely long. So I am looking forward to just watch it at home.
  8. Hopefully some of the old folk come back around may, when the hype train for the game gets to start.

Also: Kingdom Hearts III, man... :')

 

Try to have a good 2018, friends. <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a lovely 2018 everybody! I too have quite some stuff I look forward to. New Year's Eve I was drunk enough to tell the one I love that I love him, even while he has another girl already. Packed out pretty good, and I am curious where this will lead to (don't worry, I am not going to steal him from the other one, just hope to improve our friend-relationship). What's more, I am 18 years old over a month. This gives me a couple of perks I look forward to a while:

 

1) I hope I will receive my driver licence, which gives me the opportunity to enlarge my world.

 

2) I will FINALLY be able to go to Defqon 1, Qlimax and the other Dutch and German hardstyle festivals. So far, I've only been to the smaller Belgian ones (those that are 16+)

 

3) I don't have to cross the Belgian border anymore if I want to buy alcohol in a shop myself.

 

4) I can donate my blood. I have that kind of (universal) blood that everyone can use so I look forward to help.

 

5) I will get full control over my bank account. I might create a PayPal account so I can donate to CoDZ. I feel a bit guilty for being a pretty active member for 2 years without paying any voluntary contribution.

 

Next to these 18 year old perks I hope I'll finish my pre-universitary education. I am planning to go to Wageningen University which has everything to do with biology and geography, and is a pretty small and cozy town with a neat centre and with 1/3th of the population being students. So wish me luck regarding that. But before I go there I'll have a few months holiday in which I'll go to Mallorca with friends for a week.

 

 

So once again, a very pleasant 2018 everyone. A question for you, Leenderd (I know a couple of Leenderd's already), are you in Germany for temporary study or for really living there?

 

Kind greets, Emma

(my full name (I'm living in the Catholic Brabant after all), the whole "Willem-Adriaan-Maria-stuff" is a bit more complicated :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

Have a lovely 2018 everybody! I too have quite some stuff I look forward to. New Year's Eve I was drunk enough to tell the one I love that I love him, even while he has another girl already. Packed out pretty good, and I am curious where this will lead to (don't worry, I am not going to steal him from the other one, just hope to improve our friend-relationship). What's more, I am 18 years old over a month. This gives me a couple of perks I look forward to a while:

Good luck with that. Was that confession only made possible by the alcohol or did you mean to tell him anyway? Either way... kudos to you for not forcing him to break up with the girl, I know people who aren't hesitant in the slightest to do just that.

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

1) I hope I will receive my driver licence, which gives me the opportunity to enlarge my world.

Do you already know how long it takes to drive through NL? I know random question, but that question crossed my mind recently. ^^

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

2) I will FINALLY be able to go to Defqon 1, Qlimax and the other Dutch and German hardstyle festivals. So far, I've only been to the smaller Belgian ones (those that are 16+)

While I see the appeal, I have to say, such festivals are really not my cup of tea. Too many people and too little space.

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

3) I don't have to cross the Belgian border anymore if I want to buy alcohol in a shop myself.

Half an hour (according to Google maps) to get alcohol? I dunno if that were worth it for me. haha

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

4) I can donate my blood. I have that kind of (universal) blood that everyone can use so I look forward to help.

F me man... I don't even know my blood type. ;_;

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

5) I will get full control over my bank account. I might create a PayPal account so I can donate to CoDZ. I feel a bit guilty for being a pretty active member for 2 years without paying any voluntary contribution.

No need to ever feel guilty for not donating to us, especially when you just finished your 19th year on this piece of dust. I am pretty sure you are responsible enough, but I also want to add that every little bit helps, meaning you don't have to go overboard with it.

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

Next to these 18 year old perks I hope I'll finish my pre-universitary education. I am planning to go to Wageningen University which has everything to do with biology and geography, and is a pretty small and cozy town with a neat centre and with 1/3th of the population being students. So wish me luck regarding that. But before I go there I'll have a few months holiday in which I'll go to Mallorca with friends for a week.

Good luck, what exactly would you like to do/become when you are done with Uni?

 

I am more of an Iceland type of person, I am still bitter at Spain about 2010...

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

So once again, a very pleasant 2018 everyone. A question for you, Leenderd (I know a couple of Leenderd's already), are you in Germany for temporary study or for really living there?

I am born in Germany, but my Parents wanted me to have the dutch citizenship, and I always lived here, which, especially in the last 5 years has always eaten at me, because I don't really feel like I belong in Germany and neither the netherlands. I always refer to myself as an european.

 

I actually had the chance to go to the UK back in 2011, but due to some major problems, I couldn't do it and ever since then I just hovered around. 2017 I was done with a shitty apprenticeship, which I started in '14, it is just a shitty deskjob.

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

Kind greets, Emma

(my full name (I'm living in the Catholic Brabant after all), the whole "Willem-Adriaan-Maria-stuff" is a bit more complicated :P)

Same here 4 first names are a joy on the ID. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

Good luck with that. Was that confession only made possible by the alcohol or did you mean to tell him anyway?

I was going to tell him anyway. You see, that guy is a good fella which is in my class for three years already. At first, I never really cared about him, but after knowing him more personal and hanging out with him sometimes (not only with him, with an entire group of our class) I began to like him, and it felt he liked me as well. Since recently, that feeling switched over to love. I actually expected he was going to date me soon, but with Christmas I found out "op stap" (what's the English word for that?) that he has another girlfriend now. That broke my heart yet it gave me a great feeling too: Because there is no other person in the world I know deserves a girlfriend that much. My love for him is parallel with sympathy: As long as he is happy, I'm happy. And I've talked with his new girlfriend as well and she's a nice person too. 

 

Uhm...it's even more complex but trust me, it's going to the good side.

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

Do you already know how long it takes to drive through NL? I know random question, but that question crossed my mind recently

I remember my Canadian family laughing at us when they were here on holiday and we drove to Holland that is 2 HOURS from here. Quite a distance for me, but they were just laughing. I believe it's like 2-2,5 hours from East to West and 4 hours from South to North. It's funny actually, I've been 20 to countries, in 3 continents, yet I've never set one step in e.g. Groningen.

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

Half an hour (according to Google maps) to get alcohol? I dunno if that were worth it for me. haha

Eindhoven is the closest big city, but I live in a town more towards Belgium. 5 minutes with car to Belgium, 15 with bike.

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

Good luck, what exactly would you like to do/become when you are done with Uni?

No idea yet. But I want to specialise myself if the big things (ecosystems, environment, climate, etc) rather than the small things (microorganisms, cells, DNA, organs, etc)

 

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

 

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

I am more of an Iceland type of person, I am still bitter at Spain about 2010...

Never been to Iceland, but I've heard it's beautiful. What happened in 2010? Or do you prefer to keep it private?

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

because I don't really feel like I belong in Germany and neither the netherlands. I always refer to myself as an european

Funny, I too feel myself a European. Yet it is not like I don't feel like I belong in NL, rather, I feel myself home everywhere. No matter if I am in the Croatian Senj or the Swedish Almhult, the German Stadkyll or the Spanish Palamos, I feel like I belong anywhere within Europe. So I feel "European" in another way than you, I guess. One thing: I'm a countryside girl and I think I always will be. I feel only home in smaller towns/cities where people seem to know each other, rather than the big, money-focussed and touristic cities. Don't get me wrong, I like cities to visit one day or something when I'm on holiday, but I wouldn't like to live there. Not in Amsterdam either.

 

 

@NaBrZHunter, @RadZakpak, @andydabeast, @InfestLithium, @Blurryface , @Mattzs and others, you got anything you look forward to in the new year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

2018 has to be better than 2017 for Call of Duty Zombies.

 

1. New Treyarch Call of Duty, Zombies I hope they do a better job than BO3.

 

2. F1 2018 I'm hoping McLaren with the new engine supplier starts to finish higher up with Red Bull and Force India, Then Hamilton picks up a 5th Drives Championship.

 

3. More big games come to Nintendo Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spider said:

2018 has to be better than 2017 for Call of Duty Zombies.

 

1. New Treyarch Call of Duty, Zombies I hope they do a better job than BO3.

 

2. F1 2018 I'm hoping McLaren with the new engine supplier starts to finish higher up with Red Bull and Force India, Then Hamilton picks up a 5th Drives Championship.

 

3. More big games come to Nintendo Switch.

 

See I completely forgot about mentioning F1.

 

I hope it will be Kimi's last season, so the suffering finally ends. (Or he will finally get a grip (no pun intended) and at the very least win some races)) Other than that I also hope Mclaren will finally be higher up, cause the suffering they had to endure these last 3 years also has to end.

The championship I hope will go to either Hamilton, Räikkönen (wishful thinking) and Ricciardo.

 

@anonymous I am only jokingly bitter at spain. I was refering to the World Cup Finale. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. I am constructing my first custom water cooling loop in my computer. It is currently all torn apart and will be out of commission for a couple days. I am working in a custom scratch built case so EVERY item I want to mount somewhere is custom. 

 

2. State of Decay 2!!! In the spring the sequel to the best zombies open world RPG will release. I could talk for a long time about how good this game will be. 

 

3. I hope to be licensed by the end of the year or early 2019. Licensed to practice Architecture. There are 6 tests to study for and pass, The first of which I passed in December and the second I will take in late Feburary, the day before DLC1 drops on PC. 

 

4. We may have a baby. not sure on timing yet.

 

5. And I guess Treyarch's game... I am balls deep in WWII and Battlefront II and SoD2 is right around the corner so to be honest, BO4 is not on my radar... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me 2018 is looking up and down in a lot of ways. I look forward to another two semesters of college because I enjoy the content we learn, and I recently changed my minor for maybe the fourth time to be Psychology and I'm hoping I stick with that because that seems really interesting to me. I also got a new dog that I love and plan to take with me to college.

 

As for looking down I'm not really sure who my friends are right now because few of them have reached out to me during the Winter Break so I'm kind of a lost soul at the moment. I'm sure we'll continue talking come school time but I don't know if I think our friendships are as real as I  thought they were. So I hope that gets better, and not to get political or anything but I hope America can pull itself out of the hole its in constantly finger pointing and trying to blame the other party when there are very real issues going on that need to be addressed but just aren't because people would rather fight. I also hope more people in Hollywood get exposed for sexual harassment; I think that was a good things that came from 2017, if not bittersweet. Monsters should not be allowed to get off without repercussions.

 

For TV and movies I look forward to new seasons of Better Call Saul, BoJack Horseman, and Arrested Development and the only movie being the Star Wars Han Solo movie which I also predict being kind of terrible but terrible Star Wars movies can be fun and enjoyable still.

 

When it comes to video games, I'm hyped for the next Treyarch game, whatever that may be. I hope they can keep up the quality standard they've set before, but I'm worried I'm just not going to be as into it as I was before with how quickly I dropped IW Zombies and am soon to drop WWII Zombies. I think I'm just losing my interest, but Treyarch's maps have always drawn me in so we'll see. I also hope they improve the campaign next time around and do something a little less abstract. BOIII campaign was one that seemed really surface level until the very end which didn't make a whole lot of sense. I was bored the whole time 100%ing it.

 

I also cautiously look forward to the E3 announcement of the next Halo game. I thought Halo 5 was a dud with a lot of potential and I hope Halo 6 can fix the broken story and make something fun out of it. I didn't really like Halo multiplayer outside of Reach so unless 6 is like that, I won't care much for it. I also hope Battlefront II gets some great content over the year, hopefully some Clone Wars stuff.

 

And like always I hope to get a lot more of the Storybook done because I have a lot of cool stuff planned. I just need some motivation and a little time.

Edited by RadZakpak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, andydabeast said:

4. We may have a baby. not sure on timing yet

That's awesome man! Good luck!

4 hours ago, Lenne said:

anonymous I am only jokingly bitter at spain. I was refering to the World Cup Finale. ^^

I never really care about football, in opposite of most other people here. I like the atmosphere when NL is in the World/European Championship, but I really don't care about the game itself. All I know is that our current football team is crap, and we weren't even qualified for the European Championship. Therefore, our whole village was sexed up with Belgium flags (man, you had to see our main Street) and one pub originally called "D'n Bel" (Die Glocke) was now called "D'n Belg" (the Belgian). Furthermore I know die Deutsche Manschaft is pretty much undefeatable. But...the Dutch ladies team he won the ladies European Championship . Seems like our national pride is dependant of women now, eh :P.

1 hour ago, RadZakpak said:

I also got a new dog that I love and plan to take with me to college

How?! I too have a dog since this year, and after summer I'll rent/buy a room/apartment in the city of my university. I was thinking about taking my dog with me, but I think he's better off at my parents. How are you going to live near your school? And how are you going to do it with your dog. Also, what minor studies did you do prior. And don't see it as wasted time, you've gained experience there and it's a nice note in your curriculum vitae. Good luck with psychology...and might it not be as nice as you thought, try a writer study ;) (btw, I still have to message Treyarch about your book)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

How?! I too have a dog since this year, and after summer I'll rent/buy a room/apartment in the city of my university. I was thinking about taking my dog with me, but I think he's better off at my parents. How are you going to live near your school? And how are you going to do it with your dog. Also, what minor studies did you do prior. And don't see it as wasted time, you've gained experience there and it's a nice note in your curriculum vitae. Good luck with psychology...and might it not be as nice as you thought, try a writer study ;) (btw, I still have to message Treyarch about your book)

He's a smaller dog and I've got an apartment where pets are allowed pretty close to campus. My schedule has me only on campus for part of the day and I can spend the rest with him at the apartment.

 

My first minor was in English but after taking an English class I realized that reading good literature is just something I can do on my own and the grading for the class was really tough and I don't need that kind of stress from my minor when I have a Computer Science major to put more of my energy into. My second minor was Professional Writing, which sounded right up my alley, but after a class of that I got kind of sick of the research papers, as I enjoy writing stories more and my writing skills were already pretty good and I can improve them on my own. My third minor was Sociology, which I switched to this winter but I never even got to classes before I switched out of that. There was just a lot of interesting topics in Sociology since it is so broad. But Psychology is always something that seemed very interesting to me. I like seeing how and why people think and understanding different conditions people have and how it makes them feel. I've always been interested to see how I can look at my own mind through a psychological perspective. I also think it will help my writing getting to understand the human mind a little better to develop characters. Writing is a passion of mine but I'm not quite motivated enough to put a lot of my energy into it, so it's good to have a fallback to a Computer Science job, as I'd like to be a professor in Computer Science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh, you actually tried a writing study? Make of your hobby your work. Follow where your heart lays, not where the money is, I'm going to do the same. And if you ever become a successful writer, let CoDZ know, okay?

 

What kind of race is your little dog, or is it raceless? And good luck in your study! I know some people who are going to study psychology as well, and to me it sounds creepy as fuck, as well as extremely interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

40 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Ohhh, you actually tried a writing study? Make of your hobby your work. Follow where your heart lays, not where the money is, I'm going to do the same. And if you ever become a successful writer, let CoDZ know, okay?

 

What kind of race is your little dog, or is it raceless? And good luck in your study! I know some people who are going to study psychology as well, and to me it sounds creepy as fuck, as well as extremely interesting.

A Brittany Spaniel, and thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

A Brittany Spaniel

Awwwww those are as cute as a dog can be. ^.^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New year to you all ya bunch of awesome people!

 

Sorry I haven't been on in a bit. Been doing so much overtime it's been unreal but glad to be back.

 

Hope everyone of you had a fantastic Christmas and New Year and I look forward to spending another year with you all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Blurryface said:

Happy New year to you all ya bunch of awesome people!

 

Sorry I haven't been on in a bit. Been doing so much overtime it's been unreal but glad to be back.

 

Hope everyone of you had a fantastic Christmas and New Year and I look forward to spending another year with you all ❤

W00t w00t!

 

(Sorry @NaBrZHunter, for stealing your "thing")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

3 hours ago, anonymous said:

W00t w00t!

 

(Sorry @NaBrZHunter, for stealing your "thing")

Haha! No worries, it's actually an old school gaming "thing." Was in use before I even knew what an Xbox was. It means "we owned (the) other team." But is often used to express excitement about any kind of desired outcome or occurrence. 

 

As for me - I've picked up my guitar again this year and began filling in learning gaps that I never filled in the past, as I historically play by ear. Learning technique and theory right now with the goal of being proficient by the end of the year. 

 

My contract at my current company ends in June, and whatever happens will be exciting, as I am first of all hyped to be heading for a full year of employment, and that day will either mean I renew my contract (most likely), go permanent, or move on to bigger and better things. We'll see when we get there. 

I turn 24 this year, but I don't wanna think too much about that. Before that happens, though, my second daughter is due to be born. Wow. Didn't think I'd be that "dad CODZer" with more than one kid that quickly. Time flies...and now I have been here since Advanced Warfare. Crazy soup. 

 

Other than that, I wanna do big stuff this year. Maybe take a major road trip. For sure aim to play some hardcore woodsball paintball. Hype! Real TDM!

 

And of course the constant pursuit of knowledge, and increase in faith. 

Whatever happens, this year will be one for the books. Thanks for asking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Before that happens, though, my second daughter is due to be born. Wow. Didn't think I'd be that "dad CODZer" with more than one kid that quickly. Time flies...and now I have been here since Advanced Warfare. Crazy soup. 

That's great! Have a lot of good luck an fun with your kids. Btw, how old is the older one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

On 1/12/2018 at 5:23 AM, anonymous said:

That's great! Have a lot of good luck an fun with your kids. Btw, how old is the older one?

The first is 2, will be 3 by the end of this summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@anonymousI’m really sorry. I did not realize I had this notification. A quick glance over my email notification settings revealed why I was unaware for this long. I tend to not stay logged in on websites too. This was my fault!

Hopefully replying late is better than never. Plus, I don’t think anyone on the Codz Forums would be bothered by some thread necromancy.

 

My games list for 2018-

1.       Call of Duty Black Ops 4- I really hope that they take note of Sledgehammer’s take on Zombies. Although I do not have Cod WWII, I appreciated Sledgehammer’s efforts to place their zombie story within history, mythology, and conspiracy theories.  I would love to see Treyarch go back to their roots for the next zombie installment!  It is the perfect time considering 2018 will be the 10 year anniversary of World at War. Speaking of anniversary…

 

2.       World at War Remaster- I am optimistic that we will see a remake in a similar manner to Modern Warfare remastered. As silly as it sounds, I would like another update of the four classic zombie maps. I think this may be part of the reason why Chronicles left out the WAW guns.

 

3.       World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth- Don’t let Call of Duty know I am cheating. When I am not investing time into Zombie Lore, I am probably reading up on Warcraft Lore. And so, I am looking forward to the new expansion coming this year. New races, new continents, new stories, and new dinosaurs. For the Alliance!

 

4.       Pokemon for Nintendo Switch- A main series Pokemon game will be released for the first time on a Nintendo console. Pokemon is one of my favorite game series. I cannot wait for this game’s release. I am hoping for more character customization and the ability to go to more than one region. Most of all, I hope it is open-world. Maybe Breath of the Wild was a tease for what is to come!

 

5.       Smash Brothers for Switch- The potential that the upcoming game might not be a Wii-U port has me hyped. I really hope they keep all the characters from the Wii-U version and bring back some more Veterans (Ice Climbers and Snake) and more third party reps. I would also like to see another story mode like Subspace Emissary.

 

I think this year’s E3 will be a blast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (CoC for short) for using the website can be found here

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here

Our Terms of Use

The terms of use can be found here

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .