What We Want: Treyarch Zombies 2018

NaBrZHunter

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Just a thought and an unlikely one but I'd like zombies to not be a dlc mode... When you think about it about 75% of this game mode is dlc content, shouldn't it go the other way around? Then again zombies is just a bonus mode to begin with... More of the reason why I'd like to see Treyarch go zombies only while other developers would work on the multiplayer games. Also now with the recent trend of microtransactions it's getting more and more costy, we have to pay for the full game, season pass/dlc packs and even then we don't really have full access to all of the content in the game. Sure you can get every gobblegum if you grind for hundreds of hours, and then they're gone with single use. I've said it before and I'll say it again, BO4 has to look very promising for me to buy it.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jiipee95 said:

Just a thought and an unlikely one but I'd like zombies to not be a dlc mode... When you think about it about 75% of this game mode is dlc content, shouldn't it go the other way around? Then again zombies is just a bonus mode to begin with... More of the reason why I'd like to see Treyarch go zombies only while other developers would work on the multiplayer games. Also now with the recent trend of microtransactions it's getting more and more costy, we have to pay for the full game, season pass/dlc packs and even then we don't really have full access to all of the content in the game. Sure you can get every gobblegum if you grind for hundreds of hours, and then they're gone with single use. I've said it before and I'll say it again, BO4 has to look very promising for me to buy it.

I mentioned it recently, but I'll say it again: The map packs should be free, cause it only splits the playerbase and they make so much money via CoD points, it is just stupid at this point. I am with you Jiipee.

Alright, here goes.

Base Weapons

-Please make some guns hilariously bad, i.e. Sheiva in BO3, but make their camo challenges easier so that the less experiences players can still have a fighting chance towards completions

-Make the powerful weapons harder to complete challenge-wise, so it isn't common for people to, for example, "Everyone has gold on [gun], it's so easy!"

-For PaP, please make it a short quest of sorts to unlock. For example, the teleporters in Der Reise or the underwater step in ZnS. Having the PaP right off the bat like in Alcatraz Grief or Nuketown Survival seems cheap, but that might just be me.

Gameplay

-3 hit downs, for the love of all that's holy. They're amazing and make life so much easier, especially with certain zombies being able to (as my friends and I always say) double swipe us like it's nothing. Another related thing is PLEASE DON'T LET CERTAIN BOSSES ONE HIT US THROUGH JUGG. IT'S INFURIATING. RED SCREEN ME ALL YOU WANT, BUT PLEASE DON'T ONE HIT ME. thank.

-Gobblegums are cool and all, but please don't include a Perkaholic. I think that every perk at once should be an award for completing the map, just like BO3. Sure, it's good for speedrunners, but it kinda pushes the feel of pay-to-win, because you could drop a quick buck on CoD points to guarantee that your next game goes well. 

-FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T MAKE EEs DEPENDENT ON GOBBLEGUM

Story

-I think it would be cool to resume where Victis left off. Primis is obviously in the Great War loop, and Victis is currently "On ice", letting us resume their story and do whatever we want with them.

There are other things too but I'm too lazy to post them right now. Cheers!

~Alyx

19 minutes ago, Silv3r Energy said:

Alright, here goes.

Base Weapons

-Please make some guns hilariously bad, i.e. Sheiva in BO3, but make their camo challenges easier so that the less experiences players can still have a fighting chance towards completions

-Make the powerful weapons harder to complete challenge-wise, so it isn't common for people to, for example, "Everyone has gold on [gun], it's so easy!"

-For PaP, please make it a short quest of sorts to unlock. For example, the teleporters in Der Reise or the underwater step in ZnS. Having the PaP right off the bat like in Alcatraz Grief or Nuketown Survival seems cheap, but that might just be me.

Gameplay

-3 hit downs, for the love of all that's holy. They're amazing and make life so much easier, especially with certain zombies being able to (as my friends and I always say) double swipe us like it's nothing. Another related thing is PLEASE DON'T LET CERTAIN BOSSES ONE HIT US THROUGH JUGG. IT'S INFURIATING. RED SCREEN ME ALL YOU WANT, BUT PLEASE DON'T ONE HIT ME. thank.

-Gobblegums are cool and all, but please don't include a Perkaholic. I think that every perk at once should be an award for completing the map, just like BO3. Sure, it's good for speedrunners, but it kinda pushes the feel of pay-to-win, because you could drop a quick buck on CoD points to guarantee that your next game goes well. 

-FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T MAKE EEs DEPENDENT ON GOBBLEGUM

Story

-I think it would be cool to resume where Victis left off. Primis is obviously in the Great War loop, and Victis is currently "On ice", letting us resume their story and do whatever we want with them.

There are other things too but I'm too lazy to post them right now. Cheers!

~Alyx

I'm with you with the weapons, the game mode needs both good and the bad guns. Put the worst and the best on the box and the medium guns on the wall. And for God's sake remove the double pack-a-punch or at least make it more expensive and just a slight damage/ammo boost not infinite damage.

The camo challenges could be more than just "kill x amount of zombies". Maybe have some basic camos like that, you could add challenges for headshots, maybe even for something as dumb as buying the weapon enough times. Just to have variation. I don't think the worst guns would necessarily need easier challenges, if the challenges actually take effort it works towards your idea of not everyone having the best camo unlocked. Also I'd like to see more camos in general for zombies.

Aaand Perkaholic is not the only gobblegum that needs to be removed from the game. There's a lot. Perkaholic isn't even that good compared to some of the other megas. I'm hoping they remove them all because they won't be able to make it balanced as long as there is microtransactions involved.

• Moderators

Maps like Shangri La and Moon are hard from the very beginning. I remember that I died many times in Shangri La's spawn room for example, and that I really had to worry for ammo and points the entire match. The start of every BO3 match was easy, absolutely no challenge, and although that changed later, points and ammo never became that big problem, while that actually should be.

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Maps like Shangri La and Moon are hard from the very beginning. I remember that I died many times in Shangri La's spawn room for example, and that I really had to worry for ammo and points the entire match. The start of every BO3 match was easy, absolutely no challenge, and although that changed later, points and ammo never became that big problem, while that actually should be.

THIS! SO MUCH! BO3 relied on boss zombies too much to make the maps more difficult. Der Eisendrache for example, is basically just waiting for the next Panzer to spawn in because everything in between is no challenge at all. You can argue that it just makes reaching the round 100 faster for those who wants to, but what's the glory in it then? Back in BO1 high rounds were a test of not just skill but endurance too. You had to strategise more, should I go with the wall weapon that is not as powerful?, or get more firepower and risk running out of ammo? You had to choose 4 perks, more were a reward for completing an easter egg. You had to actually think how you are going to spend your points in the set up phase of the game. I hope BO4 will go back to that direction.

• Tech Admin

What do I want see?

Happy players.

All the shite they brought into BOIII can go to fuck in all honesty. Zombies was ruined in BOIII.

If it doesn’t incur a massive overhaul and a return to what was a winning formula in BOI, BOII, I won’t buy it.

I don’t think I’ve played since ZNS was released. Maybe a couple of games after it but not a lot.

On 2/8/2018 at 11:54 AM, Hells Warrrior said:

What do I want see?

Happy players.

All the shite they brought into BOIII can go to fuck in all honesty. Zombies was ruined in BOIII.

If it doesn’t incur a massive overhaul and a return to what was a winning formula in BOI, BOII, I won’t buy it.

I don’t think I’ve played since ZNS was released. Maybe a couple of games after it but not a lot.

^^^^^^ this a thousand times my dear numpty.

Would it be too much for to ask for just a straight up zombie map with no buildables, no parts, PaP behind a door, and a sidequest that doesn't scream at you to complete it?  Who's leg do I have to hump to get an EE that doesn't prompt you to start it on the first f***ing round?  The Call of Duty Zombie community is absolutely brilliant, and in that fact we can appreciate subtlety as much as complexity - we don't need this bullshit hammered into our skulls over and over every new map that there is a secret quest.  WE F***ING GET IT, a standalone tower defense game doesn't jive with your marketing anymore so you have to amplify the fact that it is more then just a side mode.  News flash, it didn't jive to begin with.  It's always been a mode apart from the mainstream 

What I have seen, I don't know about all of you, is a systematic dumbing down of the overall complexity of the zombies mode.  It seems more important to find a modern yet retro nostalgia cast then to actually focus on replayabiilty.  It seems more important to focus on what parts you need to get to the next step on Round 1, then just f***ing enjoying Round 1.  Don't tell me I have shit to do, I know I have shit to do - this is zombies... and here's the important part, IF I DON'T KNOW then eventually I will learn from other players what to do.  It's honestly part of the magic, learning from people.  I never knew there was anything more to zombies until someone showed me the EE on Ascension, my mind was blown.  Yes, Yuri gives you a hint at the start, but it is nowhere near as specific as the directions given in zombie maps now.  I'm rambling.

It's quite simple (to me, at least - but I'm just a dude so what do I know): have your Origins (loved), have your TranZit (technical difficulties), have your Die Rise (vomits in mouth), but give us a Kino.  Give us an Ascension.  Give us a spooky throwback that doesn't rely on any mechanics past BO1, when the formula was intact.  There are so many zombie survival games out there, all I want is for it to be the game it was.  We don't want a copy of a copy of a copy.

/endrant

also hi.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, GRILL said:

It's quite simple (to me, at least - but I'm just a dude so what do I know): have your Origins (loved), have your TranZit (technical difficulties), have your Die Rise (vomits in mouth), but give us a Kino.  Give us an Ascension.  Give us a spooky throwback that doesn't rely on any mechanics past BO1, when the formula was intact.  There are so many zombie survival games out there, all I want is for it to be the game it was.  We don't want a copy of a copy of a copy.

/endrant

also hi.

The BO 1 formular was perfect (minus Moon cause that is where the problems started), cause it was just survival and if people wanted to, they could group up for the Easter Egg, which was completely optional.

Forced Teamwork and forced Sidequest are just dumb.

Nice to see you again, Grill. 

The reason why Black Ops 1 is my favorite zombies is that every map is simple to pick up. Sure some maps are more difficult than others, but the basics of each map is pretty simple stuff. Mastering the maps and strategies is what makes it so replayable. In BO3 it's quite the opposite. You need to look up guides in order to open up the pack a punch or upgrading the wonder weapon. Learning the basics of the map takes effort, it's kinda fun to try to figure out stuff at first, but for casual players it might be too much. And the fact that after a certain number of playthroughs all those steps will turn into a boring chore you must do before you can play the map.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

While playing WWII today I suddenly got the idea of in-game groups or teams. Not a Xbox group, but the possibility to create groups WITHIN Call of Duty. That way, groups can compete with each other with for example rounds survived per member, total headshots, total earned points, etc. Imagine the existence of an in-game CoDZ, one where everyone can see which members survived what amount of rounds and how many headshots everyone made....and compare this to other CoD groups.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, anonymous said:

While playing WWII today I suddenly got the idea of in-game groups or teams. Not a Xbox group, but the possibility to create groups WITHIN Call of Duty. That way, groups can compete with each other with for example rounds survived per member, total headshots, total earned points, etc. Imagine the existence of an in-game CoDZ, one where everyone can see which members survived what amount of rounds and how many headshots everyone made....and compare this to other CoD groups.

But BO III has exactly that, if I recall corectly.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Black-Ops-3-Groups-aka-Clans/m-p/24248028

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Why did I never knew that

They only advertised it in game once. If you were playing with your group friends you could also get 2xp, but they only did that once.

Dunno why.

• 7 months later...

Long time no see folks.   What I really hope to see this year is a return to a mode that is accessible to everyone, from those who play for 30 minutes while waiting for their friends to get on MP, to those like us here who are hard core fans.   Blundell so far has completely alienated all of my friends who i used to binge zombies with in the BO1 days.   Now part of that is us getting older and gaining more responsibilities.   But much of it is that every map is so complex that you need to spend 3 hours studying youtube videos just to succeed on the map.  Used to be you had to do that for the EE, but you could play the map without any real complex instructions.      Now you end up doing 40% of the EE just to unlock the Pap machine.  That's dumb as hell

Now also i have seen some of the leaks of these "mutations".  Dude starts a game of Voyage with 50,000 pts.   WTF is that shit?   fuck why even make doors or points at all?   that is some big time bull shit.   I think Jason Blundell is a decent story teller, sucks ass at making maps, and also should be a pariah for bastardizing the great story we had originally in zombies from WaW to BO2 Buried.   He should have just started a brand new story when they had him to origins

I know my opinions are not popular, but it isn't just 1 or 2 people I know who quit around the time of Origins.   It's like 15 of my friends who I played zombies for hours and hours over the years with, and they all quit trying because it had lost the simple fun gameplay that made the mode so fun in the beginning.

1 minute ago, The Clay Bird said:

Long time no see folks.   What I really hope to see this year is a return to a mode that is accessible to everyone, from those who play for 30 minutes while waiting for their friends to get on MP, to those like us here who are hard core fans.   Blundell so far has completely alienated all of my friends who i used to binge zombies with in the BO1 days.   Now part of that is us getting older and gaining more responsibilities.   But much of it is that every map is so complex that you need to spend 3 hours studying youtube videos just to succeed on the map.  Used to be you had to do that for the EE, but you could play the map without any real complex instructions.      Now you end up doing 40% of the EE just to unlock the Pap machine.  That's dumb as hell

Now also i have seen some of the leaks of these "mutations".  Dude starts a game of Voyage with 50,000 pts.   WTF is that shit?   fuck why even make doors or points at all?   that is some big time bull shit.   I think Jason Blundell is a decent story teller, sucks ass at making maps, and also should be a pariah for bastardizing the great story we had originally in zombies from WaW to BO2 Buried.   He should have just started a brand new story when they had him to origins

I know my opinions are not popular, but it isn't just 1 or 2 people I know who quit around the time of Origins.   It's like 15 of my friends who I played zombies for hours and hours over the years with, and they all quit trying because it had lost the simple fun gameplay that made the mode so fun in the beginning.

Yeah definitely agree with you. I want to be able to jump into maps and just play. Most of the time figuring out "quest" stuff is fun for the first few times and then it just gets really annoying chore you have to do. Just have the basic things available without too much of a hassle: power, perks, PAP, mystery box, WW in the mystery box... Everyne was super hyped for zombie chronicles in BO3... a dlc that consisted 7 WAW and BO1 maps that aren't very complex. Now a lot of people are most hyped about Classified, another BO1 map remade. Treyarch should be aware of this.

What comes to mutations, which I haven't really looked up yet cause I don't want to know too much before getting into the game, it can be fun to tweak some options around but I really REALLY hope it disables all leaderboard stuff for that run. If it doesn't might as well just not even track highest rounds anymore.

3 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

Yeah definitely agree with you. I want to be able to jump into maps and just play. Most of the time figuring out "quest" stuff is fun for the first few times and then it just gets really annoying chore you have to do. Just have the basic things available without too much of a hassle: power, perks, PAP, mystery box, WW in the mystery box... Everyne was super hyped for zombie chronicles in BO3... a dlc that consisted 7 WAW and BO1 maps that aren't very complex. Now a lot of people are most hyped about Classified, another BO1 map remade. Treyarch should be aware of this.

What comes to mutations, which I haven't really looked up yet cause I don't want to know too much before getting into the game, it can be fun to tweak some options around but I really REALLY hope it disables all leaderboard stuff for that run. If it doesn't might as well just not even track highest rounds anymore.

Im pretty certain it disables leaderboards, but still, anyone who uses that stuff is going to be unconcerned with the leaderboards anyway.    It really diminishes the game mode, and the reason the mode became so popular in the first place is because the game flowed so well.   You had to earn points to open doors and get better guns, and as you did the enemies get stronger, and you have to find better weaponry and or locations to survive.   I mean how stupid and boring will these maps be with a mutation that allows you to start on round 1 with 50 grand?    Custom games on BO2 weren't too bad because you chose the starting round, and then got some more points to coincide, but jeez all these maps will be opened and explored in 5 seconds if you just start round 1 with 50000 points. Ruins the whole concept of the mode imo

Archived