What We Want: Treyarch Zombies 2018

NaBrZHunter

• Administrators

So folks, we know these studios are already hard at work on future games, and while we're all hyped for SHG and WWII, we can't forget that Treyarch is conjuring up some more greatness. 

That being said, based on our experiences over the last 4 Treyarch titles, 2 alternate studio Zombies takes, and one forthcoming, let's start compiling our suggestions for Treyarch. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Hey Treyarch,

It's CODZ. Hi...long time no talk! 

Thanks for what ultimately was a great season in Zombies and another legendary addition to the series. In anticipation of what y'all are currently working on...

The BO3 3-hit health was a major plus, especially since the BO3 Zombies can slap you silly in no time flat. We likee. 

Please do not include Gobblegum in future Easter egg steps. Especially with the crazy variety. Some of us don't datamine (we love what you do), and go off the grid to figure these EEs out. 

Please allow us to "maintain" crawlers to avoid bleedout, and never permit respawn. This is really a hassle. 

On a related note, the crawler holder options for Buried and Zetsubou No Shima were pure genius. Great stuff - please create more variations of this. Just one suggestion: zombie bait in a cage? "Zombie Live Trap: Catch and Release!" (Latest from Tanbor Fudgely Co.)

Jumpscares: please! Moreeeee!!! The ZNS Clone was genius, but too deliberate to activate. Something more randomly generated, perhaps only spawning at a randomly generated time following certain typical actions that do not hint at a jumpscare. 

Idea: clinging banshee

Due to certain actions/locations a frightening little creature randomly spawns and passively attaches to the player's back, reducing health. When another player gets near, it triggers a jumpscare for player 2, and attaches itself to him/her (unless P2 can knife it in mid-air like a denizen. If not, P1 will need to knife it off P2).

More to come...

• Moderators

I am a story person, so the thing I desire the most of Treyarch, is:

>Make the story less obvious: The entire story is created by the game studio. Thats not nice. There is little room left over for theorists. I mean, yes, before we got all the DLC's we could guess how the story continued. But that was pretty much everything. Once DLC 4 was released, we knew all about the BO3 story and the story talk and theories dried out. WaW, BO1 and BO2 were different: The theorizing and story talk had just began when the last DLC was released. Please, decrease the intel you give us about the story, and tried to remain mysterious, and keep the story more open and empty, so there is space left over to theorize about.

> As an effect on previous wish: Don't make it too unrealistic and complicated. We are never able to theorize about multiverses, the House, the children, etc. Thats just unknown territory for us.

> Please stay with reality. Unit 731 did exist. But Pohnpei was never a military Japanese base. There ARE legends about the Vril Ya. Not about the Keepers. The Golden Rod and Vimanas existed in real life (myths). The Primis staffs and Summoning Key NOT. The battle of Stalingrad did happen. But not with robots and dragons.  If the story is built on real events, places and myths, it's easier to theorize about. If you start telling things about the Keepers, Apothicans, Monty and the children, we can only guess what will happen/did happen. There are no sources on the internet that can give us intel about them.

>Keep it sciencific explainable. I dont mean that everything has to be real (like the MPD, Golden Rod, Vimanas, zombies, etc) but at least give it some realistic looking sciencific background. Not just like: "Ohh a red portal suddenly appears. Hey look, a robot with a laser in his finger. Did you know these spiders grew so big because they are infected with 115 A FUCKING ELEMENT THAT IS THE SOURCE OF OUR UNIVERSE, AND NO GROWTH HORMONE!". You get it?

>Dont relate every small secret thing to the main story. Let a few things open to discussion, or perhaps a side-story. Russian signs in Shangri La and Green Run? How odd, and while I know it has nothing to do with the main story, I am curious to find out more and theorize about it. Illuminati symbols on TV screens? A brick with a face in Der Riese? The Wisp in Buried? And many, many more small hidden neat mysteries. In BO3, every small mystery that was found either referred to the Keepers, Monty, the Apothicans, Primis, Alcatraz or the Loop. Berlinski Square in GK and the hyroglyphics in the Nan Sapwe room in ZnS were the only things in BO3 that were not like this.

>About Easter Eggs, make more of them. Not just the main quest, ciphers and side-quests with a reward like in BO3, but also secrets hidden in textures, actions, quotes, models, etc. 

>Make the locations real and give them a background. And something deeper than only a "laboratory of evil scientists". Develop the environment in such way that we see what happened here. Process it in the quotes of some characters. And most important: Let us browse through the internet to find some myths and facts about that location. 

>Make the characters less obvious. Monty and the Keepers are such obvious good guy,s and the shadowman and the Apothicans are such obvious the bad guys (to start with the name, SHADOWman. Really?) that the majority of the Zombies community is actually not sure anymore if Monty is actually a good guy, and the Shadowman the bad guy. "I mean, Treyarch wouldn't make it that obvious, would they?"

>Keep adding beautifull music. I am really fund on the Revelations music, but I really hope music like Ascension and Shangri La would appear on loading screens again.

>Continue the comic book pages loading screens.

Btw, mods, thank you SO much for making the editor remember what you have typed when you refresh a page

This is something that I have thought about lately actually and there are few things I definitely expect/want from the future title for it to be worth buying for me. 

1. Double Pack-a-punch

I want to have a double pack-a-punch in the next title but it should be done better. First of all, don't make it infinite damage, it ruins BO3 so much, in the start of the game that was more overpowered than any gobblegums we had. I think the best way to do it is to have increased price compared to normal pap and it would make the weapon stronger and maybe add an attachement (like grenade launcher, flamethrower etc...). In my opinion that would help those high rounds while not making every weapon a wonder weapon.

2. Gobblegums

In the beginning of BO3 the gobblegums were alright, there weren't any super overpowered ones, though some were a bit too powerful maybe. I don't mind the general idea of gobblegums as a temporary effects that help you a little bit, it's pretty much how they just broke the game and the micro transaction part of it.

3. Weapons

This is something that isn't the biggest deal but still something worth thinking of. In BO3 the wall buys are really really good, and the box doesn't really have much to offer when combined with double pack-a-punch. I'd like to see similar system like we had in BO1 where the wall weapons weren't useless, but the further you went, the weapons inside the box were a better choice. And I also want the box to have the worst guns too. Because it's supposed to be a gamble.

4. Wonder weapons

I'd like to see more of a return of the wonder weapons in the box rather than having to build them, it's alright in some maps but it's just... I know I'm gonna get the wonder weapon every time if it's a quest I have to do for it. And it gets tedious after you've done it enough.

5. Maps

I'd actually like to see a new kinda system on how the map packs work. I think they could release 2 maps per map pack, other one is bigger, more complex and easter egg focused while the other one would be more simple survival type of map. 

6. Game modes

Now this is something I actually saw on a Thesmithplays video. He had this idea of including challenges to zombies like no jugg, wall buys only etc... and leaderboards for those. I think this would increase the re-playability of the game a lot. Other thing regarding game modes would be return of grief but maybe try to improve it somehow, I haven't really thought about it more yet but that could be a fun game mode.

• Moderators

@jiipee95 Some very good gameplay points here. I agree with you on all of them, espessially the wonderweapons. To built them is nice for the first time,  but it later gets boring. Perhaps add this in one map. But the other maps: Receive it from the box, that is so more fun. On top of this, I would like the weapons to become more special, unique and exclusive. Not just another laser-gun, but something like the babymaker, thundergun, Paralyzer, Sliquifier or VR-11. And dont copy the effects in other weapons. Keep the thunder ability only in the Thundergun. And, as a story girl, maintain the science, backstory and logic in the wonderweapons, like in WaW and BO1.

• Administrators

Wonder weapons should not necessarily be OP. 

The Ray Gun: makes crawlers on relatively low rounds

The Wunderwaffe has 3 (5PAP) in the magazine. 

The Thundergun has 2 (4PAP) rounds and cannot be reloaded until both have been fired. 

The Babymaker is essentially makes a few Zombies instakill, but you can still be damaged. 

Wave gun is probably the most OP, but has very limited ammo, but the zap gun is extremely balanced. 

That is the way wonderweapons should be. Not an obvious choice. You should have to struggle to decide whether to take it or not and then make a gamble. 

9 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Wonder weapons should not necessarily be OP. 

The Ray Gun: makes crawlers on relatively low rounds

The Wunderwaffe has 3 (5PAP) in the magazine. 

The Thundergun has 2 (4PAP) rounds and cannot be reloaded until both have been fired. 

The Babymaker is essentially makes a few Zombies instakill, but you can still be damaged. 

Wave gun is probably the most OP, but has very limited ammo, but the zap gun is extremely balanced. 

That is the way wonderweapons should be. Not an obvious choice. You should have to struggle to decide whether to take it or not and then make a gamble. 

Yeah I agree with this, part of the reason why all wonder weapons are so OP nowadays is the double pack-a-punch. And I know BO2 already had few wonder weapons that were too OP and it's just as problematic. It's just that with the current double pack-a-punch if the wonder weapon isn't something incredible, it's useless.

So as we know (or can at least assume) the 2018 Call of Duty is being created by Treyarch, and we all know what that means! More Zombies! I'm posting this to see what you guys would like to see in terms of storyline and characters

Personally, there's four possibilities I'd like to see

1: Victis to return, either a continuation from where Buried left off, or maps containing story about their past

2: Continuation of Revelations, how Primis defeated the Apothicons, story about The Great Battle and so on

3: Ultimis's story before snn, or my preferred theory, a continuation of moon, what happened to Ultimis after Moon, where they went, what they did

4: The story of the two years Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo 2.0 spent before meeting up with Richtofen 2.0 in The Giant

But yeah, that's what I'd like to see, go ahead and leave a reply with your theory's, I'd love to hear them

I have a hard time looking past WWII. I am very ready for a change in the COD Zombies formula and am hoping WWII is it. I am personally tired of the convoluted mess that is the Treyarch story line. I don't want more traveling through dimensions fighting floating teleporting ancient Apothicans or giant Cathulu tentacle monsters. I want to come back down to earth and have a more tangible zombies story more based in realistic possibility than multi-dimensional alien fantasy.  

14 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

I have a hard time looking past WWII. I am very ready for a change in the COD Zombies formula and am hoping WWII is it. I am personally tired of the convoluted mess that is the Treyarch story line. I don't want more traveling through dimensions fighting floating teleporting ancient Apothicans or giant Cathulu tentacle monsters. I want to come back down to earth and have a more tangible zombies story more based in realistic possibility than multi-dimensional alien fantasy.  

I totally agree, I just posted that cos I'm curious

Since Origins it's turned into a mess, its so hard to follow, I'd like to see them return to their old formula, a crazy germans lust for power, it works, thats the whole premise of bo1 and its still the best zombies game to date

15 minutes ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

The remaining BO1 and 2 maps all remastered and a return to a somewhat believable storyline.

That could be interesting, however it's unlikely because then it wont be new and people will be less hyped

I dont think treyarch will take it in that direction

On the other hand, Der Eisendrache is one big mess of recycled crap so it may happen

4 minutes ago, Liamza2314 said:

I totally agree, I just posted that cos I'm curious

Since Origins it's turned into a mess, its so hard to follow, I'd like to see them return to their old formula, a crazy germans lust for power, it works, thats the whole premise of bo1 and its still the best zombies game to date

For story I agree. I tried to follow through BO2 and 3 and watched youtube of all the cut-scenes and easter eggs. Never done a full EE myself. 

I have been playing Virruckt, Shi No Numa, Dead Rising 1 and State of Decay recently and their severe lack of teleportation fantasy monster garbage is quite refreshing.  

3 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

For story I agree. I tried to follow through BO2 and 3 and watched youtube of all the cut-scenes and easter eggs. Never done a full EE myself. 

I have been playing Virruckt, Shi No Numa, Dead Rising 1 and State of Decay recently and their severe lack of teleportation fantasy monster garbage is quite refreshing.  

Yep, I mean bo3 is okay for gameplay mechanics, if you discount the millions of glitches, I don't have next gen so i havent played it but I too have been trying to follow the story via youtube, I think all this shit with Doctor Monty and the apothicons is just not true to what zombies started off as

2 minutes ago, Liamza2314 said:

Yep, I mean bo3 is okay for gameplay mechanics, if you discount the millions of glitches, I don't have next gen so i havent played it but I too have been trying to follow the story via youtube, I think all this shit with Doctor Monty and the apothicons is just not true to what zombies started off as

A year after rev released our nades still go through the stage floor and this happens-

I did generally enjoy the BO3 gameplay though. not the story. 

• Moderators

NabrZHunter recently posted a post similar to this one.

In that post, I already commented my hopes for the story in the next game. But how would the story continue? Some facts:

>Doctor Monty closed every other dimension off of the House (Agartha?).

>Primis was abandonned in a closed-off dimension in the Medieval Era, during a war between the forces of good and evil.

>The Apothican Sun imploded. The Dark Aether still exists and what happened with the Apothicans is fairly unknown. It looks like they are suck into the Summoning Key.

>Treyarch randomly releases a very complicated comic series ending with Victis in Alcatraz, kept by the Illuminati, waiting for a next goal. This all would be really unnecassery if Treyarch has not planned to do anything with this in her next game.

Like I said,for my hopes, look in the first linked post

Sorry for the double post but I just thought of more things to add

Weapon kits

This was kind of an interesting idea and also encouraged to play with different weapons to level them up and unlocking attachments to them. Only thing I'd like changed is that they'd add them for all the map specific weapons too in the next title. And maybe remove fast mags since it's basically Speed Cola :I Also more unlockable camos would be nice for different kinds of challenges perhaps.

Perks

Just like have a wider variety, tweak old perks a bit or make some gobblegum ideas into new ones. This is something pretty much everyone wanted in BO3 as well but we didn't get.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

Sorry for the double post but I just thought of more things to add

Not a problem at all, this is an open suggestions thread. All valid suggestions are welcome!

New suggestion from me:

Please standardize these wall weapons: the MP-40, AK-74u, STG-44, M14 and Olympia are good, balanced weapons that are well loved, fire-tested (no pun intended), and simply a part of the Zombies atmosphere. Please patch them into BO3, especially The Giant, and include them as the staple wall weapons in future games. 

Also, unless there's a fun exception like Shadows, Origins, or Mob of the Dead, please standardize the M1911 starting pistol again and patch it into The Giant. 

20 hours ago, anonymous said:

In that post, I already commented my hopes for the story in the next game. But how would the story continue? Some facts:

>Primis was abandonned in a closed-off dimension in the Medieval Era, during a war between the forces of good and evil.

>The Apothican Sun imploded. The Dark Aether still exists and what happened with the Apothicans is fairly unknown. It looks like they are suck into the Summoning Key.

>Treyarch randomly releases a very complicated comic series ending with Victis in Alcatraz, kept by the Illuminati, waiting for a next goal. This all would be really unnecassery if Treyarch has not planned to do anything with this in her next game.

I agree, they didn't really leave much room for continuation, but they could still do pre sequels and such

I dont have very high hopes for 2018 zombies, I'll check it out when it drops but bo3 kind of ruined it for me storywise

21 hours ago, anonymous said:

Just read your thoughts on the matter, and I totally agree, nice one, I hope treyarch reads these kinds of posts and manage not to fuck up 2018 zombies

5 hours ago, Liamza2314 said:

Just read your thoughts on the matter, and I totally agree, nice one, I hope treyarch reads these kinds of posts and manage not to fuck up 2018 zombies

Let's hope so, though even if they do read these threads we're just few users bringing our opinions here. Of course even 1 persons opinion can change things if it makes them think.

On 24/10/2017 at 4:55 PM, Liamza2314 said:

That could be interesting, however it's unlikely because then it wont be new and people will be less hyped

I dont think treyarch will take it in that direction

On the other hand, Der Eisendrache is one big mess of recycled crap so it may happen

We will almost certainly see some remasters of old maps, the community went nuts for Chronicles and always do for remasters of old maps. You can pretty much guarantee that a remaster will come as a pre-order or special edition bonus with the game when it releases, they've been doing this since Black Ops 1. It wouldn't mean they wouldn't be able to work on new maps, the remastered maps would be additional. Eisendrache is probably the most highly-rated BO3 original map as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 4:49 PM, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

We will almost certainly see some remasters of old maps, the community went nuts for Chronicles and always do for remasters of old maps. You can pretty much guarantee that a remaster will come as a pre-order or special edition bonus with the game when it releases, they've been doing this since Black Ops 1. It wouldn't mean they wouldn't be able to work on new maps, the remastered maps would be additional. Eisendrache is probably the most highly-rated BO3 original map as well.

In my opinion, de is a pile of recycled crap, but I guess you're right

Archived