2017 Zombies Olympics

InfestLithium

• Administrators

2zz6sr8.jpg

Welcome, one and all, to the 2017 Call of Duty Zombies 2nd Annual tournament, the "Zombies Olympics"! The Z-Olympics (as we just normally call it around here) is an annual event where slayers from all regions of the world come to compete online in extremely difficult yet innovative challenges set forth by the Overlords and Controllers of the multiverse to determine who among them will earn the title of Champion against the others. The official tournament lasts for 3 weeks, and will test all your slaying abilities throughout several Zombies maps. Oh, did we mention there is a grand prize for each Champion?

How to Enter

The Z-Olympics contains two competition pools - the Champion and the Slayer pool. The Champion pool consists solely of past Champions from the Ancient Trials tournament and potentially a few wild cards. These players have earned their spot through 6-7 months of antagonizing torture from the Overlords with very specific challenges, allowing them to enter the highest ranks possible for a larger prize. 3 of the most difficult challenges possible will determine the winner.

The Slayer pool is available to all of the public, and requires no barrier to entry other than the ability to record gameplay. Players will compete against everyone for the best score in each challenge using our previous scoring system in the Ancient Trials tournaments. Unlike the Champion pool, there is no contestant limit, so it's a free-for-all kind of madness. Like the Champion pool, however, 3 challenges will determine the winner. 

Each league will have 2 weeks per challenge, making the entire Zombies Olympics a 6-week tournament. A challenge will start bi-weekly on a Sunday and end on a Saturday at 11:59pm PST.

Game Requirements

In order to successfully compete in the Z-Olympics, players must have each of the following items:

• Xbox One / Playstation 4 / PC
  • Black Ops 3 - all DLCs including Zombies Chronicles
  • Gameplay recording equipment (such as an Elgato, capture device, Twitch stream recording, Game DVR, etc)
  • Twitch or YouTube account to upload gameplay videos on
  • At least 1-2 hours of free time in a given week to perform each challenge
  • A working email to contact players by for results, important updates, and more

Failure to have any of these items will result in scores not being counted in the tournament.

The Point System

For those unfamiliar with the Ancient Trials, we used a direct approach to scoring each players using ranking points. The first place score would receive a score of 4 points, second highest 3 points, third highest 2 points, etc etc. In the Slayer pool, the points will instead range up to a maximum of 5. It is highly possible to receive a score of 0 if a player fails to be in the Top 5 of a given challenge. In the Champion pool, the maximum points given will be 3 per challenge since the number of players is significantly smaller.

At the end of each challenge, our Z-Olympics committee will determine who has what rank at each segment of the tournament and post it on this site. Each contestant who signs up for the tournament will also receive an email blast from us highlighting the scores, just in case we have slayers constantly on the move.

Prizes and Rewards

You don't spend time, effort, blood, sweat, tears, and possibly urine (yes, we have a hilarious story about that) for nothing. The Zombies Olympics offers not one, but several prizes for each league!

$75 for the Winner of the Champion Pool + Custom "Zombies Olympics 2017 Champion" Button + 5 Zombies Movie Posters

$50 for the Winner of the Slayer Pool + Custom "Zombies Olympics 2017 Champion" Button + 3 Zombies Movie Posters

Rules and Guidelines

Each tournament and challenge we offer contains special rules that must be abided by. Failure to comply with the rules will determine in your score being voided and possible permanent banning from the Z-Olympics all-together. We don't have many rules (because we have a lot of faith in our players), but please carefully read the following guidelines:

• Each player must show the leaderboard pop-up screen at the beginning of each challenge. This is an important verification step. Failure to do so will result in your submission not being recorded. The username you provide on the Registration link should match exactly to that of the name on the Leaderboard.
  • Only 1 submission video per challenge is allowed. We do not accept duplicates, regardless if the score changes.
  • Cheating in the form of performing glitches is prohibited in all challenges.
  • The use of non-Classic Gobblegums is not allowed unless specified otherwise.
  • All video segments must one continuous length. This means no split-recordings are allowed.
  • Your gameplay cannot be substituted by another player.
  • Pausing in your video is allowed, but must remain in a continuous recording.

Challenges

As previously mentioned, each league will have 3 difficult challenges to complete. The order of the challenges will not be specified; however, are available to the public to practice.

For Champion Pool:

• Shadows of Evil: 3-2-1 Challenge (3 Perks, 2 Weapons, 1 Box Hit)
  • Nacht der Untoten: Wall Weapons Challenge (Only wall weapons, grenades, starting pistol, and knife can be used as weapons)
  • Gorod Krovi: Bare Hands Challenge (No Buildables, No Perks, No EE Weapons aside Box weapons)

For Slayer Pool:

• Shangri-la: Powerless Blitzkrieg (No power, highest round)
  • Origins: Limited (Can only use starting room weapons and pistol entire game, PaP allowed for them)
  • Revelations: The End (Nacht cannot be accessed whatsoever, EE not allowed, Time Trial weapons not allowed)

Registration Information

Registration will posted on Monday September 4th, 2017 and will run for approximately 1 week. The first start date of the first challenge will be on Sunday September 10th. The registration is valid for the Slayers pool, not the Championship pool. Any Champions from the Ancient Trials tournament are not subject to this registration link.

Registration has officially closed.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out! I am interested in joining, but no guarantees with my schedule.

For people that have done this before, does anyone know the steps that need to be taken to save a stream through twitch? I've streamed directly through my xbox one before but I don't know how to save the stream, and I will need to if I want to participate in this.

"Any Champions from the Ancient Trials tournament are not subject to this registration link." 

I was dumb and did not read this and registered :grimace48: ignore my registration I guess lol. Or can I do both?

Also another question. I don't think the leaderboard page shows the date. Does this mean I can do a challenge tonight, record, and save it till that week to submit?

• Administrators

"Any Champions from the Ancient Trials tournament are not subject to this registration link." 

I was dumb and did not read this and registered :grimace48: ignore my registration I guess lol. Or can I do both?

Also another question. I don't think the leaderboard page shows the date. Does this mean I can do a challenge tonight, record, and save it till that week to submit?

Haha no worries, I'll remove you from the pool. Since you are in a higher league, you can only be in one technically. 

Yes, you can but the full rules for each challenge are posted the day of so you risk doing it incorrectly. Practice runs are encouraged though!

• Administrators

Champion Pool:

Challenge #1: Shadow Noire

Map: Shadows of Evil

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A
Rules:

• Only players who won as Wildcards or Champions in the past Ancient Trials Tournament are allowed to participate.
  • Players are allowed 3 perks of their choosing (excluding Quick Revive), 2 Wall Weapons, 1 Mystery Box hit
  • Easter Egg including Elemental Swords is NOT allowed.
  • Initiation of the Easter Egg beyond the Pack-a-Punch step is NOT allowed.
  • Quick Revive is NOT allowed.
  • All weapons are allowed.
  • Mystery Box is allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is allowed.
  • Buying of ammo is allowed.
  • Civil Protector, Shield is allowed.
  • Traps are NOT allowed.
  • Glitching is NOT allowed.
  • The furthest wave reached wins.

Slayer Pool:

Challenge #1: The Jungle

Map: Shangri-la (ZC)

Power: No

Rules:

• Players must survive in the map unable to access the power room whatsoever.
  • Power room is NOT allowed to be opened.
  • Gobblegums are NOT allowed.
  • Free Gobble Gum EE is NOT allowed.
  • Perks obtained from Monkeys are allowed (however, if player obtains QR, gameplay is forfeited. Use as your own risk.)
  • Wonder Weapons are allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is NOT allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.

/--------------------------------Official Information--------------------------------/

To upload your video submissions, please use think Google Form link. Please ensure that your videos are in full-length, and are made available by link via Twitch, YouTube, Mixerr, or any other streaming platform that will save your gameplay. Only one submission is allowed per competitor. Competitors must have registered for their submission to be valid.

The challenge will end September 23rd at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

Champion Pool:

Challenge #1: Shadow Noire

Map: Shadows of Evil

Power: Yes

Rules:

• Only players who won as Wildcards or Champions in the past Ancient Trials Tournament are allowed to participate.
  • Players are allowed 3 perks of their choosing (excluding Quick Revive), 2 Wall Weapons, 1 Mystery Box hit
  • Easter Egg including Elemental Swords is NOT allowed.
  • Initiation of the Easter Egg beyond the Pack-a-Punch step is NOT allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is allowed.
  • Buying of ammo is allowed.
  • Civil Protector, Shield is allowed.
  • Traps are NOT allowed.

Also the Free Gobble Gum EE is NOT allowed 

Hey I was wondering if $50 is the total prize pool? I already registered and I know that there are other prizes too but I feel like $50 is little too low. I am not trying to sound mean or anything but I am not sure if I want to grind these challenges for hours for a good round and only for a chance of getting $50 (I can't even buy a $60 game with that) :/ I am quite new to this site so idk if this is going to be sent via a dm or posted but I am just curious about the prize. I also don't know if I am sending this to the right person

Hey I was wondering if $50 is the total prize pool? I already registered and I know that there are other prizes too but I feel like $50 is little too low. I am not trying to sound mean or anything but I am not sure if I want to grind these challenges for hours for a good round and only for a chance of getting $50 (I can't even buy a $60 game with that) :/ I am quite new to this site so idk if this is going to be sent via a dm or posted but I am just curious about the prize. I also don't know if I am sending this to the right person

Well your not in the Champion Bracket?

@Mark l Icing the "Zombies Olympics"! The Z-Olympics (as we just normally call it around here) is an annual event where slayers from all regions of the world come to compete online in extremely difficult yet innovative challenges set forth by the Overlords and Controllers of the multiverse to determine who among them will earn the title of Champion against the others. The official tournament lasts for 3 weeks, and will test all your slaying abilities throughout several Zombies maps. Oh, did we mention there is a grand prize for each Champion?

The Z-Olympics contains two competition pools - the Champion and the Slayer pool. The Champion pool consists solely of past Champions from the Ancient Trials tournament and potentially a few wild cards. These players have earned their spot through 6-7 months of antagonizing torture from the Overlords with very specific challenges, allowing them to enter the highest ranks possible for a larger prize. 3 of the most difficult challenges possible will determine the winner.

The Slayer pool is available to all of the public, and requires no barrier to entry other than the ability to record gameplay. Players will compete against everyone for the best score in each challenge using our previous scoring system in the Ancient Trials tournaments. Unlike the Champion pool, there is no contestant limit, so it's a free-for-all kind of madness. Like the Champion pool, however, 3 challenges will determine the winner. 

Each league will have 2 weeks per challenge, making the entire Zombies Olympics a 6-week tournament. A challenge will start bi-weekly on a Sunday and end on a Saturday at 11:59pm PST.

• Administrators

Each challenge will be created in such a way that "hours" won't be possible. When we held the Ancient Trials for the Champion pool, a good chunk of the challenges were increasingly difficult. For the Olympics, they will perform the same way. We are estimating about 1.25 hours on average for each challenge, where there will be harsh limitations and limited areas to be in.

Each challenge will be created in such a way that "hours" won't be possible. When we held the Ancient Trials for the Champion pool, a good chunk of the challenges were increasingly difficult. For the Olympics, they will perform the same way. We are estimating about 1.25 hours on average for each challenge, where there will be harsh limitations and limited areas to be in.

This is just my opinion, but if you are playing for the prize, I think you are playing for the wrong reason. Looking at the other players in the Champion pool and how they performed in the Ancient Trials I KNOW that I am far out-classed by some of these guys. I KNOW I won't win but it is the pure fun of competing that keeps me here. Play for the fun of it and if you win something, treat that as an unexpected bonus :-) That is what I do!

This is just my opinion, but if you are playing for the prize, I think you are playing for the wrong reason. Looking at the other players in the Champion pool and how they performed in the Ancient Trials I KNOW that I am far out-classed by some of these guys. I KNOW I won't win but it is the pure fun of competing that keeps me here. Play for the fun of it and if you win something, treat that as an unexpected bonus :-) That is what I do!

I understand, competing is probably my favorite part too that is why I registered =) but I was just asking about the prize pool because it seemed quite small 

• Administrators

I understand, competing is probably my favorite part too that is why I registered =) but I was just asking about the prize pool because it seemed quite small 

It's largely due to us having two divisions instead of 1. We are working towards creating a larger pool in the future once we gain more traction. 

It's largely due to us having two divisions instead of 1. We are working towards creating a larger pool in the future once we gain more traction. 

I'd also like to note that's it's the 1st time since 2012 when I joined that I've seen such a unique way to create a Zombie Olympics and it actually work out

Archived