The Weasel, The Vermin Martyr, and the Phantom

Albert. Weasel. Arlington.

Mob of the Dead is a fan favorite map (though honestly, I believe the Afterlife function made it too easy). It has an amazing story, and a very interesting ending.

So, four inmates (Sal DeLuca, Michael Finn O'Leary, Billy Handsome, and Albert "The Weasel" Arlington) Concoct a hairbrained scheme to escape from the formidable Alcatraz. Albert, who is somewhat of an idiot savant, designed a makeshift plane from parts that could be found and hidden in the prison itself. Everything goes smoothly, until the very moment comes where they actually have to build the plane. Despite everything being planned perfectly, and all the parts being hidden exactly where they needed it to be, they begin to fight. (IDIOTS).

Sal DeLuca, Michael Finn O'Leary, and Billy Handsome decide that all this arguing is Albert's fault, and they attack him and leave him for dead on top of the prison. Days later, the remaining three inmates are sentenced to death by electric chair.

Then they wake up. On the day of their planned escape... and everything goes as before... until Stanley Ferguson, who Albert was supposed to kill, rises from his puddle of blood, looks at them, and lets out a hellish moan from the very core of his now empty soul.

Zombies crowd around them and kill them one by one... then they wake up again. And again. And again, until eventually the prison is a mess from all the fighting the inmates did trying to find their way out. They eventually get good enough at killing the zombies to begin focusing on building their plane... which upon completion, they fly off the roof of the prison.

Only to crash due to a storm, and land on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Eventually, they all sit down on the electric chairs (which are conveniently placed on the bridge) and get zapped, and wake up again... in the prison.

They repeat this over and over again, and as time passes, they find radios. Now... these radios aren't from the reality they currently reside in... they're from the reality they come from, and it details exactly what happened before they were trapped in this vicious cycle.

Now... Sal, Michael, and Billy feel cheated (even though they were the ones that cheated themselves out of their escape, then cheated Albert out of his life), and decide to try to kill him again.

This is where the story branches off. Either they kill Albert, and the cycle continues, or Albert kills them, and he escapes on the Icarus. Alone.

Now... thanks to the fractured universe, we have evidence that all four of them escaped on the plane together, but that's not what I'm going to focus on. It doesn't really matter, as it's from a reality that destroys itself.

Instead... I'm going to focus on the fact that Icarus is on a roof in Der Riese (The Giant version). This is before the fracture was made, so it involves the original timelines, including Dimension 63, which is where Mob of the Dead takes place, along with Origins and Shadows of Evil. Anyway, the point of this whole post...

And the reason I have to believe this...

Is really simple...

and I can prove it with in-game song lyrics...

Coming Home (Excerpt):

I NEED YOU!

TO SACRIFICE THE VERMIN MARTYR TO!

BRING ME BACK TO WHERE I SAW YOU DIE!

I WILL MAKE YOUR LAST WORDS COME TRUE!

NOW I KNOW WHAT I MUST DO!

Vermin Martyr. Only mentioned one time, ANYWHERE in the game. In this song. Written when Black Ops II was supposedly not even thought of.

Combine that with these lyrics.

We All Fall Down (Excerpt):

Long lives the Phantom,

I hear him sing

and scream out his anthem. (indistinct screaming)

I feel the shadows

Crying

Running

Coming

For me

Too dark

to see!

Another shady figure... only mentioned once in the entire game... The Phantom.

Now... you could say that the Phantom is the Shadowman... but it's not him. I won't tell you why I know this... because I promised someone I would stop blabbing... But I will give you a reason to believe both the Vermin Martyr and the Phantom are in fact... Albert Weasel Arlington, and I'll say this.. the Shadowman, and the sacrifice in Shadows of Evil (When you do the second ritual, the Shadowman says "your sacrifice has been chosen") are both... MISDERECTION. There's something else going on, and it involves Albert.

First, you have Albert killed by his "allies" because they can't stop arguing. This is why he's the Vermin Martyr. He is a Martyr (a sacrifice) to stop the arguing, and they chose him because they think he is a Weasel (i.e. a rodent, and a VERMIN).

Second, After Albert escapes, you being to see evidence of his tampering, such as Icarus on the roof, since you see evidence of him, but not him, he is a PHANTOM.

I propose to you, that of all the characters we've seen, Albert "The Weasel" Arlington has become the most powerful... and that only time can tell us what his tempering will do to all of the timelines...

Pay close attention to the next game, and I'm sure you'll see him.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Nice post. You've made some good points with the crashed Icarus in the Der Riese Waffenfabrik being in the original timeline, and the "Coming Home" lyrics are also well found, and might be possible right. Though, I'm not sure if the Phantom part is true, and I also don't think the Weasel becomes that powerful. But like you said, only time (travel) will tell how this will continue.

And I'm pretty sure we'll see something MotD in the next Treyarchs's game. 

Coming Home (Excerpt):

I NEED YOU!

TO SACRIFICE THE VERMIN MARTYR TO!

BRING ME BACK TO WHERE I SAW YOU DIE!

I WILL MAKE YOUR LAST WORDS COME TRUE!

NOW I KNOW WHAT I MUST DO!

Vermin Martyr. Only mentioned one time, ANYWHERE in the game. In this song. Written when Black Ops II was supposedly not even thought of.

Combine that with these lyrics.

We All Fall Down (Excerpt):

Long lives the Phantom,

I hear him sing

and scream out his anthem. (indistinct screaming)

I feel the shadows

Crying

Running

Coming

For me

Too dark

to see!

Another shady figure... only mentioned once in the entire game... The Phantom.

Now... you could say that the Phantom is the Shadowman... but it's not him. I won't tell you why I know this... because I promised someone I would stop blabbing...

In Coming Home, the vermin martyr is the rat that Schuster killed to activate and power the MPD. The song itself is sung by Elena, so it is from Samantha's perspective. She needs more souls sacrificed in the way the rat was to fulfill her father's last wish, "kill them… all." 

We All Fall Down is sung by Clark, so it is from Richtofen's perspective. The phantom is the Shadowman. That's the voice that speaks to Richtofen. It's established. You saying it's not him and saying you have proof but not showing it is total bs. Weasel isn't even involved in either of these maps and their songs. Blundell didn't even have him written into the story yet. These songs and maps were from the Zielinski era. 

Archived