"Exploding fire zombies and the light they create" (New Tranzit EE) Discussion

KeredNomrah69

Reaching out to the community to hopefully find previous discussions, testing, and any relevant data.  I have been on the hunt to try and find previous information on the exploding zombies and the light they create when they are on fire.  For some reason I feel this is a new element to the game (well, newer I should say).  In my previous adventures EE hunting I don't recall the zombies that explode producing a light that travels upwards.  To recreate what I'm speaking of simply load up Tranzit (original or easy) and once a zombie is on fire it's death will create a light burst.  I feel this is new because I can't remember ever trying things out with this game mechanic which I would've used repeatedly at multiple locations knowing me.  I also can't find any current information on previous discussions on this or if it was just so common we all dismissed it. (Also: it should be noted my 360 has not been updated in some time and I play local.  If relevant, I will update with my current version #)

Edit (a.2):

Video Evidence of event

Here are just some basic trial and error things I've done in the past day or so:

- Bus Depot survival map does not have the light animation for exploding zombies

- Reaching 250 kills while staying at the Bus Terminal with "exploding light zombies" (I imagine over 200 were correct light kills, revive was bought as well as wall weapons for ammo)

- Killing "exploding light zombies" repeatedly under the power pole and power lines around bus depot (power off)

- Galvanuckles cancel both explosion from zombies and will stop the light burst from happening

- Light from exploding zombies was produced at both Diner and Bus Depot (slow research, I'm getting around to it during down times)

Edit (a.2):

- Mp4 Wall weapon used, box hit multiple times and M8A1 used to create flash

(I will edit with more trial and errors as time goes on or others report findings and can be confirmed.)

Things to ponder/ideas:

- My hunch is that if the light bursts are newer features then the mechanic of the exploding zombies giving off energy was always there and the light burst was put in as a hint

- The light animation seems to flow upwards, this could mean: The energy released is collected above (avagadro summoning mechanic?), The light needs to be absorbed into something (power lines/poles, lampposts, etc)

- The light effect or zombies on fire is not part of any ee steps that we have had previously (not to my knowledge, it's been a while)

Edit (a.1):

- There are a few locations where the powerlines spark once power is turned on, could be of interest to try out at these locations.

- Research should be done into previous quotes from twitter, interviews, and other sources with this mechanic in mind.  Also, game hints such as the blinking morse code, etc.

Edit (a.2):

- Light explosion represents "overkill damage" done to zombies while on fire (submitted by LocoMofo85)

- Using previous unexplained phenomenon and unused items to create an effect (submitted by Anonymous, see post 2)

(I will edit with more as previously stated, any additions by other members will have credit given next to the new information)

What do you guys think?  It's been a while but this seems like a necessary focus to understand the effects and mechanics of this.  I don't believe they would just put this animation in for no reason and especially the narrow specifics of what you need to do for it to activate.  I'm unsure of other maps and if they have any effects like this (memory...oh memory). 

Edit Appendix

a.1 - 2 items added in ideas

a.2 - 2 items added in ideas, 1 item added in trial/error, video link for evidence

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Although I haven't seen the lights coming out of the zombies, I appreciate your discovery and trial and error quest to find a mystery. I'll take a look to TranZit as soon as possible.

Some other oddities (most you will probably already know):

-The collapsing bridge: The animation looks pretty bad, and I don't think there was even one player ever who thought the bus would really fall into the Lava river. Not exciting at all. So why did the developers take the time to create this? Maybe it's a remnant of this: 

-The "Stay close to me" Morse code, seen at the electric tower and the TV's in Town. What does it mean?

-The derailed train. I've devoted an entire thread to this subject: 

-The electric trap. I've never seen someone using it, and therefore I call it "useless". Has it, besides the Tower of Babel Easter Egg, any more use?

-I've talked about this recently in another thread: the green flash at the box and the teddy bear sitting on top of the box. Many people think that's a flash of a Perk-a-Cola's that increases the change of rolling a good weapon of the box. I don't think so. I can remember most times I had that flash I rolled something bad, and not rare (Warmachine, snipers, etc). And if I recall correctly, the Teddy bear always appears after someone has seen that green flash, and it'll sit on top of the box untill the Teddy bear is rolled, and the box spawns somewhere else. I'll do some more investigation to this. 

GREEN LIGHT:

Russman-Warmachine

Keep on the hunting!

I never really noticed the light effect, at least not in any capacity that would warrant suspicion or extended interest.

Although I haven't seen the lights coming out of the zombies, I appreciate your discovery and trial and error quest to find a mystery. I'll take a look to TranZit as soon as possible.

Some other oddities (most you will probably already know):

-The collapsing bridge: The animation looks pretty bad, and I don't think there was even one player ever who thought the bus would really fall into the Lava river. Not exciting at all. So why did the developers take the time to create this? Maybe it's a remnant of this: 

-The "Stay close to me" Morse code, seen at the electric tower and the TV's in Town. What does it mean?

-The derailed train. I've devoted an entire thread to this subject: 

-The electric trap. I've never seen someone using it, and therefore I call it "useless". Has it, besides the Tower of Babel Easter Egg, any more use?

-I've talked about this recently in another thread: the green flash at the box and the teddy bear sitting on top of the box. Many people think that's a flash of a Perk-a-Cola's that increases the change of rolling a good weapon of the box. I don't think so. I can remember most times I had that flash I rolled something bad, and not rare (Warmachine, snipers, etc). And if I recall correctly, the Teddy bear always appears after someone has seen that green flash, and it'll sit on top of the box untill the Teddy bear is rolled, and the box spawns somewhere else. I'll do some more investigation to this. 

GREEN LIGHT:

Russman-Warmachine

Keep on the hunting!

The Electro Trap is beautiful, but it's a pain in the ass. The reason you don't see most people using it is because it requires a Turbine to power it, making it very clumsy and troublesome to operate, often requiring the assistance of another with a Turbine.

The Trap will actually kill zombies almost instantly up to about round 40-50, a sustained power source being the only catch. Back in the day my brother and I would use them to block doorways in order to camp for a minute. We put it in the Bookstore Doorway in the Town area, back by the Olympia.

I miss those days, when things like that still had novelty. ^_^

I find most of the Blops 2 gadgets go unused. The Springboard in Buried was one of my favorite. Everyone found it to be useless, but I wouldn't give up on it, lol. Most people are aware of the camp spot in the Saloon. You can go upstairs, and there's this on L-shaped hallway with a dead end, but a hole in the wall where you can drop down back onto the main floor.

Well I got this idea... lol. What if we set up the Springboard precisely where we'd land when dropping out of the wall, and in return, it would launch us clear of any zombies crowding the main bar floor.

It worked fairly well, wasn't fail proof, but it made that spot a lot more secure, and fun, lol.

Quick reply (running around the past 2 days).  Thank you guys for your interest and input, lots of good things said I want to respond to properly with detail tonight when I have more time.  I will also create a video showcasing the event but will have to go old school with webcam/tv setup.  If anyone has a capture card or a better quality video I'll go with yours.  Out of time but I'll be back and edit/reply back with more content.

I may have a theory on this you can test.

What if the light is caused by what you could call "overkill damage"?

So for the sake of a loose example, take a flaming zombie, give it let's say, 5% of it's max health remaining. You come along and deliver a killing blow valued at let's say 40% damage, and as a result, the explosion creates a light animation.

Just something to consider when testing this out, maybe try different damage levels prior to the kill.

You've got my interest and I will be looking into this later tonight.

What if the light is caused by what you could call "overkill damage"? 

That would be an interesting theory to test @LocoMofo85.  Attempted it but I was past round 10 and unloading the starter pistol clip after clip with no kills lol.  Mathematically it would be easy to find that mechanic by determining how many chest shots the zombies take from the starter pistol to kill per round (I'm pretty sure I've ran across data like this in previous years).  Using that information and considering it as a percentage, the right damage amount could be found.

-The electric trap. I've never seen someone using it, and therefore I call it "useless". 
	Has it, besides the Tower of Babel Easter Egg, any more use? 

@anonymous, you have my brain stirring with the electric trap.  The light -electric like- animation has me interested especially since a lot of the elements in this game involve using electricity in different ways.  I'm definitely not dismissing the derailed train, broken bridge, and a lot of the other ideas but will take a lot more research with trial and error.

One of the main things we have control over, to try out, involves damage types like you guys have brought up.  I have tried galvanuckles while they are on fire but have yet to use all of the weapons and the damage types associated with it, such as: explosive damage (gernades, explosive weapons), Ray gun (though still explosive in a way, may have different effect, All melee types (zombie shield, bowie knife), Buildables (Jet gun, electric trap), PaP Guns, and probably a lot more that aren't popping into my head for damage.

There's a lot of different things that have yet to be done (I haven't even tried it with the power on yet).  I'm also curious if this is common place for everyone else since no one has reported seeing it yet.  I play often and for years so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but I'm not online so that's a possibility as well.  Attempting to get back into the data processing and uploading once again so it's a slow-go.  I was able to record a brief video showing the light effect that I see.

https://youtu.be/GTNaDlniBgI

It's a crap video but it's at least there for people to see.  I'll update the top post with your ideas and suggestions.

*If you're reading this and own the Tranzit map I ask you to please load the map up for a test run.  This light effect happens both on easy and original difficulty and can be done on the first round at the bus depot.  Receiving confirmation of other sightings will help eliminate certain theories and even if it's not present, that will also help in the search for information*

During my downtime I started to make a list of things to consider or ideas to try, I'll update the main post as well as include the information in this reply.  If you know of anything I've left out or have more input on ideas then please post up so that I may include yours.  I will also be testing different methods of how to present the data as we test more theories out.  My list currently involves checks and X's for things done but I'm unsure if that would be the easiest to interpret on here.

Testing of in-game (Tranzit Map) reactions and observations:

(+=positive reaction, -= no reaction), (positive reaction=light flash from zombies on fire when killed)

- Last Zombie (+)

- Power on (+)

- Explosive Weapons

- Grenades (+)     - Symtex     - Raygun

- Grenade Launcher     - RPG     - Monkey Bombs

- Pack-A-Punch guns

- Different Areas

- Bus Depot (+)     - Diner (+)    - Farm (+)     - Nacht (no cracks)

- Corn Field     - Power Station (outside +)     - Hunter's Cabin (cracks don't ignite zombies)

- Town (+)     - PaP area      - Bridge Area     - Derailed Train

- Melee Weapons

- Bowie Knife (+)     - Zombie Shield (+)     - Galvanuckles (-)     - Starting knife (+)

- Buildables

- Auto Turret     - Electric Trap     - Jet Gun     - Zombie Shield (+, listed twice)

Desired Observations

Besides different ways to kill a zombie it's important to observe the reactions of the environment and items in-game such as

- Game Elements

- Power poles     - Power lines     - Lamp Posts    - Radio's/t.v.'s     - Tower in cornfield

- Box Areas     - Bank interaction areas     - Perk machines     -Pap Machine    -Teddy Bears

- Bus (Front (+), Barricade (+), Inside (- will test further for definitive results) - Bus with plow

- Look for common themes around areas that ignite zombies for possible connections/interactions, such as:

- Lamp posts     - Bus stops     - Mystery Box locations

Further Ideas and Trials:

Here are some of the misc ideas and thoughts I've had and/or tried out -

- Characters

- Misty (+)    - Stu (+)     - Rusman     - Marlton

- Power up's (during duration of power-up or when on the ground)

- x2 (+)     - Instakill (+)

- Perks

- Quick Revive (+)     - Juggernog (+)     - Stamina Up (+)

- Derailed Train

- Inside "horse shoe" perimeter     - Large amounts of fire zombies at once     

- Avogadro

- After release (+)     - During peak storm sounds     - Avogadro present     - During release

- Current EE steps

- All of Maxis side     - All of Richtofen side

- All Power symbol locations

- Single activation at sites    - Multiple zombie kills/activations at site    - Multiple site activations at once or in sequences    

- Activations from multiple people during online/co-op play

- Using running zombies to reach places further away from lava

- Derailed train    - Nacht area     - Corn field tower    - PaP

- Any sort of effect or difference using perma-perks

This is by no means a complete list and as I was typing I started to add more than I had written down.  If you can confirm any of the above or wish to add something I've left off then please let me know.  Even if something has been confirmed it is still useful to receive your information to verify the effect.

Side note:  I'm interested in the actual animation of the death sequence.  After the burst of light it seems to have a tip shoot upwards and also there is the "little ball/orbs" effect like when the avogadro moves around.  This could simply be them using the same code over again to save time or a hint for why/how this works.  Like the derailed train and other things that have been mentioned in hints (Tweets, interviews, etc), I will go back over the information that has been given with this new element with the Tranzit map (such as " If you go there now something will be up and running...... but stay to the path, dont go hunting ", this could mean they added this element to help with the discovery of more ee's). 

- Let me go a little further indepth with that last sentence.  I don't remember this death animation with the light being present previously (need confirmation on this).  That being said, if it was something added in at a later time it might be a clue to help us figure this out since we were all so close but didn't get the right sequence of events or we mistook the exploding zombies for a nuisance instead of a game mechanic meant to unlock something.

Broadening my horizon's for hopefully more people to help out with this or anyone really to reply back a single trial.  I have also collected more data and will post it up and update the top when I have the ability to later today.  One huge hope I have is the derailed train.  It's a stretch but I feel a lot of signs point that way, the trains have 2 "horseshoe" areas on each side of the fog of the power station (exit/entrance?).  Also, near both areas there is a section of lava in the fog to use for zombies (they have to be fast, energetic zombies to reach).  In addition there is also power symbols on the trains doors and I believe turbines/Avogadro have already been tested out so this is the last "electric/light" mechanic that I can think of to manipulate the area.

Regardless of the train debacle I will continue testing other things out as well so it's not a full focus on that.  Before it gets posted, I do have a small 5% doubt in my mind that something is simply messed up and it's a visual glitch/error when the zombies explode but I have a few ideas of how to test this further I will try out later.

Reddit thread: Light flashes are being activated from exploding zombies! I need your help!

• Moderators

Broadening my horizon's for hopefully more people to help out with this or anyone really to reply back a single trial.  I have also collected more data and will post it up and update the top when I have the ability to later today.  One huge hope I have is the derailed train.  It's a stretch but I feel a lot of signs point that way, the trains have 2 "horseshoe" areas on each side of the fog of the power station (exit/entrance?).  Also, near both areas there is a section of lava in the fog to use for zombies (they have to be fast, energetic zombies to reach).  In addition there is also power symbols on the trains doors and I believe turbines/Avogadro have already been tested out so this is the last "electric/light" mechanic that I can think of to manipulate the area.

Regardless of the train debacle I will continue testing other things out as well so it's not a full focus on that.  Before it gets posted, I do have a small 5% doubt in my mind that something is simply messed up and it's a visual glitch/error when the zombies explode but I have a few ideas of how to test this further I will try out later.

Reddit thread: Light flashes are being activated from exploding zombies! I need your help!

Work, good weather, driving lessons, swimming, temporary local funfair and this being the last holiday week over here in southern Netherlands (therefore every night I do something with friends: movie nights, special beer tasting, but unfortunately no gamenight) haven't have me any time to try and test it on TranZit. 

Although I haven't yet got any time to play TranZit, my boring and mindless work gives me the opportunity to think about it quite some times. Two things that I wonder:

-Denizens can burn as well. If you shoot those, does it also emit that strange light? 

-If a burning zombie is hit by an EMP grenade, and he becomes passive, and you kill him, does it still emit the odd light?

Could someone who feels like and has the time and knows how to do it no-clip TranZit near the derailed train? I know @Rissole25 is capable of doing that, but I know he went inactive for some time. Is there anyone else willing to watch behind the trains, and perhaps inside the trains?

I also would like to find out what the structure behind the train is. Like what it is in real life.

And as a last note, I would like to map the train accident. I mean, you've got the derailed train, a truck driven inside the power plant and a collapsed power pylon. What happened first or did it all happen at the same time. Was it all cause and effect?

@anonymousDenizens do explode and emit the light as well if they're on fire and I don't have the galvanuckles.  I really didn't know what to think of it at the time and jotted it down but still haven't updated the new things I've tried out because the list slowly gets longer as I play more.  All characters have had the light emit so it's not character specific.  Currently uploading a video to youtube but at the moment it's at 4% after an hour and it's getting late.  In this video I tested out a trial run to glitch test.

Logging off of my profile and logging into another account does not produce the lights when playing the new profile.  This is a profile specific event!  I'm unsure of why it happens but it makes me excited because it's not the console glitching.  In the video I start on my profile to show the light then quit and login to the other account to show how they explode regularly.  I then log back into my main account and the light emits from the fire zombies again.  We have a new Tranzit EE guys!!

Here's the official video guys!

Tranzit Exploding Light Zombies not present on profile switch

One again the account that shows the exploding zombies is my main account which I've done countless ee's and hunting throughout the years.  The other account is a newer one which doesn't have the light even though it's the same session.  Tonight will be data collection and updating the main post (the video took way to long to finish and edit etc).  Happy hunting guys! 

• Moderators

Okay, okay. Odd. That's quite revolutionary what you've discovered, and the account switching proves that it is not a glitch. It cannot be a glitch. So...have you done something extraordinary previously. Is there one pylon side (Richthofen/Maxis) currently activated on TranZit, or have you done all the BO2 EE's that causes the TranZit pylon to reset? How long does this light discovery already occurs to you? Can you remember doing any particular shortly before?

The first video you posted was in LQ, but I did saw the eerie lightcloud floating around in the sky shortly after you've shot a burning zombie. But now, in HQ, I can see it better. This is definitely not normal. You see a big white flash before the "lightcloud" floats around. Like the zombie really explodes in very small particles, and vanishes into the air.

I'm back and have done a little bit of running around without much to report.  Jetgun, galvanuckles, and certain locations like inside the bus will nullify the animation.  I'm unsure if this means that it's being absorbed and is doing something or if it means it's not able to be created that way.   Pap guns, all explosives, the rest of the melee, and pretty much anything else will make the effect.

One thing I'm unsure if I should post is about the bus and the Avagadro.  I tend to enjoy spawning the Avagadro and still try to get my timing down with the storm correctly.  That being said I was at the diner more often than not (great place for running around and fire/lava everywhere) and while clearing zombies I would purposefully run them into the avagadro to kill them and burst them onto him.  I did notice a weird effect but in general the fire around the diner does seem to make a hazy "heat" effect so it could be that.  I'll have to investigate further for any type of clarification and take video in another location.

Now for the bus.  Again, I need to run more tests and take video evidence.  I know everyone including myself is tired of the bus and ee hunting with it but unfortunately the bus is the one thing I've seen kill zombies and produce a light regardless of them being on fire or not.  This revelation wasn't a good one because after getting near round 30 I still didn't notice any difference in the bus after multiple rounds of letting them get run over (all buildables placed on bus).  Now, the one thing I can think of that might be happening is zombies that appear not be on fire may actually be on fire (I believe due to animation overload they only let a certain number of zombies be on fire at one time, even if you run a full set through lava not all of them will be set on fire).  Later today I will run zombies around the farm entrance where lava/fire doesn't exist to properly test if it will still activate the light.

I've only received one person to state that they also get the light, that person hasn't responded with information and I haven't received confirmation in any video or other form.  I'm still desperately trying to find atleast one person who might have this activated on their account.  If anyone knows of places to post up or anyone that could help spread the information and find others then please feel free to share what you can.  I'll be back on later today to update information with my trial and errors and hopefully have another video that I plan on editing if I have the time.

• Moderators

I'm back and have done a little bit of running around without much to report.  Jetgun, galvanuckles, and certain locations like inside the bus will nullify the animation.  I'm unsure if this means that it's being absorbed and is doing something or if it means it's not able to be created that way.   Pap guns, all explosives, the rest of the melee, and pretty much anything else will make the effect.

One thing I'm unsure if I should post is about the bus and the Avagadro.  I tend to enjoy spawning the Avagadro and still try to get my timing down with the storm correctly.  That being said I was at the diner more often than not (great place for running around and fire/lava everywhere) and while clearing zombies I would purposefully run them into the avagadro to kill them and burst them onto him.  I did notice a weird effect but in general the fire around the diner does seem to make a hazy "heat" effect so it could be that.  I'll have to investigate further for any type of clarification and take video in another location.

Now for the bus.  Again, I need to run more tests and take video evidence.  I know everyone including myself is tired of the bus and ee hunting with it but unfortunately the bus is the one thing I've seen kill zombies and produce a light regardless of them being on fire or not.  This revelation wasn't a good one because after getting near round 30 I still didn't notice any difference in the bus after multiple rounds of letting them get run over (all buildables placed on bus).  Now, the one thing I can think of that might be happening is zombies that appear not be on fire may actually be on fire (I believe due to animation overload they only let a certain number of zombies be on fire at one time, even if you run a full set through lava not all of them will be set on fire).  Later today I will run zombies around the farm entrance where lava/fire doesn't exist to properly test if it will still activate the light.

I've only received one person to state that they also get the light, that person hasn't responded with information and I haven't received confirmation in any video or other form.  I'm still desperately trying to find atleast one person who might have this activated on their account.  If anyone knows of places to post up or anyone that could help spread the information and find others then please feel free to share what you can.  I'll be back on later today to update information with my trial and errors and hopefully have another video that I plan on editing if I have the time.

You've earned my respect by the huge trial-and-error way you are continuing this Egg. Unfortunately, like I said before, I cannot see the light. I've never did the TranZit Egg, and besides just investigating the map I've never randomly shot things, etc that might have activated the first step, enable you to see the light. So unfortunately, I cannot assist you in finding the next step. 

Do you know the random stuff the other person who has the light enabled has done that matches with the random egg hunting you have done? Perhaps you both have shot all the clocks in the map or idk what, but there has to be some trial and error thing that both of you have done, activating the lights?

Anyway, respect to you once again, and keep up the good hunting! If the complete egg is found one day, you will have the infinite credits for finding THE long forgotten TranZit Egg!

P.S. I bet you have, but have you seen these?

My mind is drawn directly to this for some reason. It's odd that it exists, even more odd that it exists only in TranZit mode. There must be some use, some small application.

I'm in Tranzit right now, as soon as I get to the diner I am going to camp and start testing some stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Tested for light emission on TranZit/360/Live, standard edition disk.

Could not find light emission.

Further thought put in lead to a few creative design theories:

• Element 115 reacting with the explosion
  • What remains of the human soul departing the body

That's just in the event this is simply a creative design choice.

The element 115 theory got me thinking, though. What if it is some form of Element 115 energy?

Ideas on how to test Energy Applications:

• Various devices including but not necessarily limited to the TAM 23, Turbine, Electro Trap, and Turret

My idea is perhaps setting them out activated and kill as many light zombies as close to the device as possible, hopefully feeding it self-sustaining power or something? This could also be tested with dropped items, if you can leave a device at a certain location, and kill light zombies around it, maybe it will power up and start working on auto, without consuming your item slot? (Wishful thinking ^_^) Most of this testing would require multiplayer.

• Perk Machines.
  • Total tally of 'Under Lamppost Kills' (in other words try killing up to hundreds of light zombies under the same lamp in one session. Not easy, but.)

For some reason I personally feel if there is some hidden secret here, the location of application would be just far enough from the nearest source of lava that timing would be of the essence, because zombies will only stay on fire for so long.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Gonna try to find a logic behind the green flashes of the Magic Box, instantly followed by a Teddy Bear sitting on top of the box afterwards. 

Things I got so far (will update):

• Russman: Gets a Warmachine
  • Misty:
  • Samuel:
  • Marlton:

I find it interesting how Russman has multiple quotes in which he says how much he likes the Warmachine (the weapon that gives him the green flash). Samuel likes pistols, Misty shotguns and Marlton snipers. Maybe there's a connection, maybe these quotes hint something. 

Furthermore, here are Zielinski's twitter riddles, all released before Die Rise (meaning it has to do with either Tranzit or Nuketown Zombies?)

• It may be points, or whatever you call them. Wait appropriate amount of time, then continue to work. Maybe something to do with the banking system?
  • Overlooked and never found, but one does simply run around. Thinking about it, I never simply ran an entire round over the map, without using the bus or teleporters.
  • If you go there now something will be up and running...... but stay to the path, dont go hunting. Don't go hunting seems to hint that we should not kill any zombies. Maybe run the map without killing any zombie, and there will be something upon returning in Bus Depot?
  • Everyone looks for the missing piece, and they think they have it, between their teeth
  • Crashed and derailed, it is the players who have failed. Definately a train reference
  • You have seen the key, but it is too large, you see. I think about the train, but it could certainly possible that that's just my tunnelvision.
  • In plain sight, but out of mind, without me, you would be blind. Something to do with lights? The Sun maybe?
  • I thought you would be clued, because you're picture of beams may be skewed. Seems to reference to the beams (that were a remnant of a deleted Easter Egg, I believe).
  • The hands of time do never stop, then again, the hands should swap.
  • Sometimes the largest objects hold the most significance, the end result, may be magnificent. Train? Very maybe?
  • The next step is not too far, looking in the wrong way is what you are. Perhaps we have to run the map counter-clockwise? Or does it have to do with the Bridge? Not too far seems to refer to close-by the Bus Depot spawn, the wrong/other way seems to refer to the oposite direction we always go (with the bus/to the box). The first thing we encounter upon going the other way is the Bridge.
  • A train car is a train car....unless derailed, that is.....then its junk right? Moar train hints.
  • If you have been there, but dont go back, then how do you know? Maybe the Bus Depot? We always spawn there, but hardly ever return
  • If it can open but you dont open it, how will you know. Follow the signs to. What signs?
  • Some say "Tell us" and many tell me to keep my mounth shut. I will say this: I always think what i want until i get it.
  • Eyes of dedication, skil, are separate.
  • Where there's a bomb, there is also a brain. But what's this? It's happening all over again...
  • No vision doesnt mean less ability. Reminds me of the 'without me you would be blind' quote.
  • Some things needs to go down, before others go up. Go down...objects? Players?
  • Sometimes it can be two sides of the same coin. But when flipping the coin, you never know what lands first.
  • Distractions are inhibited though the general key of succes. Past succes there is logic hiding in plain sight. Again speaking about something in plain sight... It seems like there is something big, obvious, that is ignored by us.

Has anyone any idea what kind of structure this is and what purpose it has (in real life, I mean)? It lays beyond the derailed train, invisible in a casual map when there is fog blocking our vision. When you turn the fog off, however, it is in plain sight.

wp_ss_20170309_0004.thumb.png.d73336a7d8be75cb60beac5912e02795.png

"Stay close to me" says the morse code in the electricity sparking in the wire, leading from the Easter Egg pylon to the pylon right-beyond this structure.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 7:34 AM, anonymous said:

Has anyone any idea what kind of structure this is and what purpose it has (in real life, I mean)? It lays beyond the derailed train, invisible in a casual map when there is fog blocking our vision. When you turn the fog off, however, it is in plain sight.

wp_ss_20170309_0004.thumb.png.d73336a7d8be75cb60beac5912e02795.png

A "Conical-Bottom Metal Silo" is what I came to first after searching descriptions.  I decided to watch a no-clip video from  NiikThatGamingShow to get a full look and he mentions them as "fueling tanks" that are also on the radiation map for COD: Black ops 1.  Watched a quick video and sure enough there sitting on that map as well.  I know links have been made in the past to other maps so maybe there's something linked either informational or in reference to eachother.  I don't think I posses that map but hopefully I can get access to look around (something about radiation and blast doors, shutting sections off or opening them up is a function on that multiplayer map).

I feel like I can shine some personal thoughts on some of the quotes off the top of my head that really stand out.  First though, my map data was corrupted which means all dlc was lost and only Tranzit works.  The lightning burst still happens so I don't think it's part of the larger EE at all.  This is also backed up by the fact that the lightning bursts also happen on easy when navcard and other EE items aren't present.

Overlooked and never found, but one does simply run around. Thinking about it, I never simply ran an entire round over the map, without using the bus or teleporters. -I run all the time, like a lot.  I tend to always be in the fog running around.

No vision doesnt mean less ability. Reminds me of the 'without me you would be blind' quote.  - Even if you can't see the orbs or flashes you can still do the function of the EE

Eyes of dedication, skil, are separate.  - The eyes I don't think are necessary to be on, just a show of how dedicated you are to zombies and the skill rank is separate from being able to perform the functions of said EE.

Some things needs to go down, before others go up. Go down...objects? Players? - The "Now Die" on the diner I feel is a definite clue here.  also "N 4" below blinking.  4th player goes down at diner, maybe to start seeing orbs or the lightning?  I believe Die Rise has the same going down mechanic?

Distractions are inhibited though the general key of succes. Past succes there is logic hiding in plain sight. Again speaking about something in plain sight... It seems like there is something big, obvious, that is ignored by us. - here's how I translate this, "Zombies are no longer required when you use the Key of Money at the Bank.  Past Money shows clues/the next step that are (revealed/apparent?)"  The second sentence I'm still trying to get.  I've also filled up my bank account and have emptied it on many occasions. 

I haven't updated the original post or continued trial and error in a while so I'll start in on it again.  Finally have a chance to start a local 4 man crew soon to try it out so I've been training back up so to speak.  Thanks for keeping this alive @Anonymous, I'm here as always!

• Moderators

Appreciate your reply Kered! 

Whilst I have no online anymore, I do play the map occasionally on my own and keep trial-and-error things. I do have noticed that the green flash/teddy sitting on top of the box does not seem to happen when playing on easy mode, at least I have never noticed any. Does that mean it is related to some Egg, similar to how there are no NAVcards and such when playing on easy mode? Do you by chance know if there are any permaperks in easy mode? 

Great discovery concerning that tank! Tranzit reused alot of BO1 things, mainly textures (the Russian words, the number written on the wall in the Power Plant, etc) but I didn't realize they also reused models. Since they appear in the map Radiation, I am reminded by this sentence on the Wikipedia page of the Hanford Site: "To receive the radioactive wastes from the chemical separations process, the HEW built "tank farms" consisting of 64 single-shell underground waste tanks". I always assumed this was a hint to the silos at Farm, since they had 'contamination' written in Russian on it, but perhaps these tanks behind the derailed train have the same purpose.

Keep slaying buddy!

On 12/31/2019 at 2:34 PM, anonymous said:

• It may be points, or whatever you call them. Wait appropriate amount of time, then continue to work. Maybe something to do with the banking system? Perhaps a hint to wait for all of the DLCs to drop, then search stuff (the super EE). Points could be related to the Xbox points for doing Achievements.
  • Overlooked and never found, but one does simply run around. Thinking about it, I never simply ran an entire round over the map, without using the bus or teleporters.
  • If you go there now something will be up and running...... but stay to the path, dont go hunting. Don't go hunting seems to hint that we should not kill any zombies. Maybe run the map without killing any zombie, and there will be something upon returning in Bus Depot? Probably a hint saying not to search the NAVcard and keep one Path for the EE, either Richtofen or Maxis.
  • Everyone looks for the missing piece, and they think they have it, between their teeth As above.
  • Crashed and derailed, it is the players who have failed. Definately a train reference   
  • You have seen the key, but it is too large, you see. I think about the train, but it could certainly possible that that's just my tunnelvision. Obelisk/ Nuketown clock hint.
  • In plain sight, but out of mind, without me, you would be blind. Something to do with lights? The Sun maybe? I think that's a hint to street lights.
  • I thought you would be clued, because you're picture of beams may be skewed. Seems to reference to the beams (that were a remnant of a deleted Easter Egg, I believe).
  • The hands of time do never stop, then again, the hands should swap. Probably a hint for the hidden song in Nuketown involving the giant clock. 
  • Sometimes the largest objects hold the most significance, the end result, may be magnificent. Train? Very maybe? Probably a hint for the Obelisk.
  • The next step is not too far, looking in the wrong way is what you are. Perhaps we have to run the map counter-clockwise? Or does it have to do with the Bridge? Not too far seems to refer to close-by the Bus Depot spawn, the wrong/other way seems to refer to the oposite direction we always go (with the bus/to the box). The first thing we encounter upon going the other way is the Bridge.  
  • A train car is a train car....unless derailed, that is.....then its junk right? Moar train hints.
  • If you have been there, but dont go back, then how do you know? Maybe the Bus Depot? We always spawn there, but hardly ever return Sounds to me a hint for the Pack a Punch.
  • If it can open but you dont open it, how will you know. Follow the signs to. What signs? As above.
  • Some say "Tell us" and many tell me to keep my mounth shut. I will say this: I always think what i want until i get it.
  • Eyes of dedication, skil, are separate.
  • Where there's a bomb, there is also a brain. But what's this? It's happening all over again... Most likely a hint for Marlton being in the Nuketown bunker. Also a reference to the cycle.
  • No vision doesnt mean less ability. Reminds me of the 'without me you would be blind' quote.
  • Some things needs to go down, before others go up. Go down...objects? Players? Sounds like a reference to the Avogardro and the Maxis EE.
  • Sometimes it can be two sides of the same coin. But when flipping the coin, you never know what lands first. This may be referring to the two sides of the EE.
  • Distractions are inhibited though the general key of succes. Past succes there is logic hiding in plain sight. Again speaking about something in plain sight... It seems like there is something big, obvious, that is ignored by us. Another reference to the Nuketown clock / Obelisk. 

That's my take on some of the hints. I don't think we have missed anything significant in Tranzit. It's also important to check the hints with their context:

Archived