Lets talk Victis and a Mob of the Dead Remaster/Remake

July 4th, 1941

• Richtofen returns to the lab under Alcatraz where he meets Victis, arriving from the Empty Earth with the Kronorium. Upon reading the Kronorium, Richtofen discovers numerous timelines documenting their fates and learns about the Blood Vials. He would later write on the page "I know now what I must do - E.R. 4/7/41." Richtofen enters a rift to acquire the blood of Sal and Finn. After delivering the blood to his younger self and recovering the blood vials belonging to Victis he returns. Victis is placed 'on ice', to be kept safe until they are needed next.

So we know from this Timeline entry, that Victus (AKA the TranZit Crew) arrive at Alcatraz. Richtofen has instructed Stanley Ferguson and the Illuminati to construct a lab beneath the prison. As of Comic 5, Victis currently has the Kronorium in their possession, and are looking to escape the Empty Earth. With one more issue left, we should see the events of this entry actually play out, and get more details on it.

In the end, Richtofen is keeping this crew sleeping/safe in Dimension 63. Blundell easily could've killed these characters off. They served their purpose, and gave Richtofen the Kronorium. But he didn't, and specifically mentions they are to be kept safe until they are needed next. So he has a plan for them.

Now fast forward to the next game coming out in 2018. It's safe bet that the default Zombies map will have characters played by celebrities, as we've seen with AW Zombies, IW Zombies, and BO3 Zombies. Whether they will be a once off crew or a crew we follow is anyone's guess. Prior Treyarch zombie maps have used 3 different celebrity groups once (CotD, MotD and SoE), as well as real life figures once (Five). Whereas AW Zombies and IW Zombies celebrities have stuck through all the maps.

However, the secondary map is most definitely going to be a preorder/single map purchase. We saw this with Nuketown Zombies and The Giant. With these situations though, they generally try to do fan-favourites, to appease the fans and gain more pre-orders. With that said, I originally thought this would be Kino der Toten. But with it being in Revelations and especially Zombies Chronicles, that's out. So out of the maps we have left (Five, Call of the Dead, TranZit, Nuketown, Die Rise, Mob of the Dead and Buried), Mob of the Dead is the only one that stands out as truly a fan favourite. And so with that, I think it has a good chance of appearing in the next game as the second map.

So putting 2 and 2 together. We have Victis on call beneath Alcatraz. Mob of the Dead has a high chance of being the preorder map for the next game. If Mob is remade (not remastered like ZC), we could see Victis as the playable characters. Possibly having just awakened from their sleep by Ferguson. Perhaps they will help Primis break out of Monty's cycle?

So what do you guys think? Is it a real possibility? Would you like to see this happen?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Although I personally don't like Mob of the Dead that much, you have some very good arguments here that make me actually believe that there's a high change that Mob will be the preorder map. A thing that buggers me is that Nuketown and the Giant were both small maps, good for €5,-. With Mob being a much bigger map, I think that IF it will become a preorder map, they will raise the price.

But the stuff you've said about the Illuminati and putting Victis on ice, I totally agree with you that there gotta be something more behind this. I mean, we are never hinted anything about the Illuminati in MotD, and just make this up in the Timeline would be unnecessary. And like you said, Victis could have been easily killed after they served their purpose, but no: Richthofen puts them on ice, in Alcatraz, guarded by the Illuminati. It just would make no sense if Treyarch would just make this up without a deeper meaning.

About the Illuminati helping Richthofen in "doing the right thing", what's your thought about that? It seems like the Illuminati are the good guys, while all those crazy conspiracy stories talk about the Demonic New World Order, something that sounds more Apothican to me. Also, a map of Alcatraz can be seen in the Morg City Underground, which is, if I recall, a Keeper station. In the original timeline, Richthofen immediately leaves the Illuminati after he has touched the MPD and hears "strange voices"--> Apothicans. So is the Illuminati on the side of the Keepers? And why does the Shadowman wants to interview Ferguson?

Ever since one of the interviews where Jason mentioned he had a different plan for Mob, I thought it would be the "The Giant" for the next Treyarch game. Having Victus present in some form would be an interesting twist, would like to see that. 

Also as Blundell said, they actually mapped out all of Alcatraz island when they went to create Mob, so a remake could potentially be bigger too. From a storyline perspective it also makes sense to see it return, it has a place in the story that's even more significant than first thought, and also allows for an alteration to be made, even if we turned up during that time between Zetsubou and GK, with Victus still being on ice, and Primis also being present.

• 6 months later...

In an interview, Blundell mentioned they had mapped the entirety of Alcatraz. 

My guess would be a Traznit 2.0 featuring Victis. Maybe you explore more of Alcatraz and move from section to section.

The only thing I wonder about is if the map will "real" Alcatraz or Purgatory Alcatraz like in MotD. The timeline shows the events of MotD happening elsewhere, perhaps even in the afterlife. So that would mean the Victis crew would have to be sent to the afterlife first.

Bonus points if the Easter Egg involves breaking/interfering with the cycle of the MotD crew.

• 2 months later...

Archived