User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
STASIBOMB

Double Tap + Double PaP

Couldn't find any obvious answers or threads about this. Can someone clarify please:

Does Double Tap make the gun effect from Double PaP happen more often than without Double Tap?

I ask because I was comparing a vid of RelaxingEnd with Double Tap, and myself without and he seemed to get the effect way more often (Thundergun and ICR with deadwire). 

I also hears iisteveii complaining about double PaP effect being slow and he hated not having double tap. 

Clarify Please!

Donor

I always assumed Double Pap effects were on a hidden timer. And the only way to shorten it is with that GobbleGum that will activate those effects more often. So I don't think Double Tap would effect it, but I don't know 100%.

I am in the same boat as Rissole. At least with dead wire I am sure double tap does nothing.

I've looked into it. Double Tap definitely affects Turned. No convincing evidence to show Double Tap affects any of the other special ammos. There is a suggestion that it may actually affect deadwire; but this is incoclusive.

Donor

I wouldn't have thought so. Dead Wire for example "recharges" around every 5 seconds, and that doesn't change when Double Tap is applied. It might make it appear that it activates more often with full-auto weapons because the fire rate is increased, therefore creating more opportunities for the special ammo to activate from a short burst of shots due to an increased number of bullets being fired within that burst.

Ay, I discovered that Double PaP effects are based on a cooldown. After this cooldown there is a % chance that the effect will activate. Since Double Tap = Double Bullets; it is more likely to activate this effect faster. 

However, something different clearly happened with the 'Turned' effect.