NEW ZOMBIES INFO: Zombies Chronicles

InfestLithium

• Administrators

While we at CoDz generally don't talk about leaks and extremely questionable news, there is no denying that Treyarch has something up their sleeves. With the mass hype on Reddit and Twitter concerning the Zombies Chronicles via Mexican game stores having a pre-order for it and many Spanish voice actors for our beloved crew openly showcasing their current involvement in new quotes, it's hard not to believe that SOMETHING is coming to us 3arc Zombies fans...whether you'd like to call it the legendary DLC 5 or not.

The Zombies Chronicles will allegedly contain 8 remastered maps through the Zombies saga thus far, with the inclusion of the current Black Ops 3 maps. Many are theorizing what these classic maps could be, but all will have the functionality of Gobblegums within them.

y4842bqtqzsy-1.jpg

http://charlieintel.com/2017/04/22/rumor-new-zombies-chronicles-dlc-coming-black-ops-3-8-remastered-zombies-maps/

Even charlieintel, a reputable source, couldn't help sharing the news. And if you want reports about the Voice Actors, well...the r/CODZombies sub covers that almost on every post regarding the news.

At this point, any person dismissing extra Zombies content cannot deny that we will get something more than just "microtransactions".

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I was a disbeliever at the start of this whole DLC 5 hype. As much as I would love it to happen I just couldn't believe it as we have thought about it before in previous games. But now with all these new leaks I am now very much starting to believe in this.

Now of this turns out to be nothing my hopes and dreams will be shattered once again but if it does indeed turn out to be real then holy moly I am excited!

One thing that I would like to say is why this late on? This year we have WWII to look forward too and without any gameplay footage or hands on experience I can't say it's going to be a good game but - why not just wate now until the next Treyarch instalment and include everything there to save us having to go from disk to disk or boot to boot just to play on different maps. 

Im not complaining at all and I am very much hyped as I feel like this community will also gain from it.

Dear Treyarch God,

DLC5, please.

Yours sincerely,

Blurryface (Zombie Ass Whooping Guy)

3 hours ago, Spider said:

I'm not pinning my hopes on it but if it does happen I will be a happy loving Zombie Slayer again :769:

We will all need to party up and get a good few games going.

If it does happen, I'm partly expecting a Kino EE if the maps in there and also to re-do all of my favourite maps all over again! :smiley:

10 minutes ago, Blurryface said:

We will all need to party up and get a good few games going.

If it does happen, I'm partly expecting a Kino EE if the maps in there and also to re-do all of my favourite maps all over again! :smiley:

If they're remastering 8 Maps I hoping for

Nacht der Untoten

Shi No Numa

Kino

Ascension 

Shangri-La
Moon
Tranzit
Origins

• Moderators

Personally I'm not hyping myself up that the "Chronicles" leak is true for the sake of not being disappointed if it's less than 8 maps. However the voice actor evidence is undeniable. Very excited to see what Treyarch has been hiding. Perhaps this may lead to more being revealed in Revelations, hence the map being said to last over a year.

31 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

Personally I'm not hyping myself up that the "Chronicles" leak is true for the sake of not being disappoibted if it's less than 8 maps. However the voice actor evidence is undeniable. Very excited to see what Treyarch has been hiding. Perhaps this may lead to more being revealed in Revelations, hence the map being said to last over a year.

I'm not getting hyped either BO3 Zombies was full of disappointment for me after the Giant :769:

If you are an xbox one owner and just received backward compatible blacktops 2, I don't see why zombie chronicles would appeal to me. Sure there would be 8 remastered maps conveniently loaded with gobble gums. But considering there would be no new maps it doesn't sound as appealing.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, ROFbaggingU said:

If you are an xbox one owner and just received backward compatible blacktops 2, I don't see why zombie chronicles would appeal to me. Sure there would be 8 remastered maps conveniently loaded with gobble gums. But considering there would be no new maps it doesn't sound as appealing.

If you see what they did to remaster Der Riese as The Giant, same can be done for many other WaW/Black Ops maps. Just because they're backward compatible doesn't mean they can't get a severe atmosphere/graphic update with a more powerful engine.

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

If you see what they did to remaster Der Riese as The Giant, same can be done for many other WaW/Black Ops maps. Just because they're backward compatible doesn't mean they can't get a severe atmosphere/graphic update with a more powerful engine.

I'm aware of the Giant remake I've beaten every easter egg on blacktops 3. And I also get that the entire zombies community is jizzing their pants over a DLC 5.

I guess my issue is the same as when Modern Warfare remastered released the same map pack from years ago. It was no new content, just remastered maps at a higher price than they were originally released years ago. The entire community is so thirsty for ANYTHING zombies that everyone seems willing to settle for remade maps as opposed to new and original content. If it's this easy to give the zombies community a collective boner, what incentive does Activision have to actually release original content now? I'd much rather want to try a new map called graveyard than want to play remastered Ascension.

I get my view isn't a popular one, it amused me to watch this opinion get downvoted on reddit. But why not set the bar higher? At this point in zombies there should be a customization tool or at least more basic maps to quickly jump into and play. Not everyone has the 90 minutes just to get all your perks and upgrades on a map like Zetsubou.

5 minutes ago, ROFbaggingU said:

I'm aware of the Giant remake I've beaten every easter egg on blacktops 3. And I also get that the entire zombies community is jizzing their pants over a DLC 5.

I guess my issue is the same as when Modern Warfare remastered released the same map pack from years ago. It was no new content, just remastered maps at a higher price than they were originally released years ago. The entire community is so thirsty for ANYTHING zombies that everyone seems willing to settle for remade maps as opposed to new and original content. If it's this easy to give the zombies community a collective boner, what incentive does Activision have to actually release original content now? I'd much rather want to try a new map called graveyard than want to play remastered Ascension.

I get my view isn't a popular one, it amused me to watch this opinion get downvoted on reddit. But why not set the bar higher? At this point in zombies there should be a customization tool or at least more basic maps to quickly jump into and play. Not everyone has the 90 minutes just to get all your perks and upgrades on a map like Zetsubou.

I understand your opinion but I think that the reason there is a better chance of remastered maps instead of new is because remastered maps are a more demand than new content.

A lot of people will want remastered maps so they can play there old favourite maps all in the new engine and updated graphics and then they have the excitement of new content in the following Treyarch CODs to come! 

:smiley:

3 hours ago, Blurryface said:

I understand your opinion but I think that the reason there is a better chance of remastered maps instead of new is because remastered maps are a more demand than new content.

A lot of people will want remastered maps so they can play there old favourite maps all in the new engine and updated graphics and then they have the excitement of new content in the following Treyarch CODs to come! 

:smiley:

Remaster FTW :769:

5 hours ago, ROFbaggingU said:

Well hopefully once this remastered craze is out of the way we can get back to new and original content. Unless World at War 2 is solely based on Black Ops 3 remakes :)

Sledghammer will not remaster Treyarch maps. Don't worry about that. 

I contacted EB Games and Gamestop about Chronicles and EB Games has no info. Have yet to recieve a response from Gamestop. 

Praying for WaW and B/O remakes. Maps from Transit until Revelations (honestly didn't even know that map existed until today because well, the BO3 maps are beyond god awful. Don't know anything about the IW maps besides the fact they seem to embrace their campiness but they still have EE's that require a PhD) besides the Giant and Buried are unplayable based on their stupidity and silliness. 

Honestly, this got me more hyped than it probably should have.  Even the possibility of this leak being real invigorated me.  I wasn't thirsty for content either, as the stock maps were enough for me.

So from what I've seen (MrDalekJD's video), we are most likely getting a Moon remake.  Might happen, might not, he just said that voice actors were revealed to be recording lines pertaining to the map Moon.  Probably the scariest map in my opinion because of those excavators.  Knowing that you can't access select parts of the map anymore without certain tools (Gersch Device, teleporter, Astronaut hug) made the experience unnerving.  Plus, it is hard to hear anything in space.

Also hoping for Shangri-La, F.I.V.E., and Call of the Dead.  There is no point in remaking any of the maps if they're not going to bring back the maps' respective wonder weapons.  Being able to use the Scavenger, Wave Gun, and Winter's Howl in updated graphics would be amazing...  I'm thinking they should update all the maps to have Widow's Wine, similar to what they did with Mule's Kick.  And I'm curious to know how they'll deal with PhD Flopper.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Fadelical said:

I'm thinking they should update all the maps to have Widow's Wine, similar to what they did with Mule's Kick.  And I'm curious to know how they'll deal with PhD Flopper.

I have the feeling that Widow's will replace PHD and if that really will be the case you can consider me very sad, cause I dislike Widow's very much.

5 hours ago, ROFbaggingU said:

The word around the internet is the 8 remastered maps are:

1) Nacht

2) Verrukt

3) Shi No Numa

4) Kino

5) Ascension

6) Shangri La

7) Moon

8) Origins

Treyarch is supposed to make an announcement tomorrow, looks like it's actually happening.

Correct. These are the maps that have been found in the games code after the latest update.

Tuesday/Wednesday Black Ops 3 got a little update which didn't seem to show anything of it, so things carried on as normal. But our handy data miners got digging into the code and actually found out these maps.

They found them in a 'Message of the Day' section and so, we got our map list. But do we really?

The thing is, Treyarch know we do these things. So did they put them on there to distract us from other things?

I don't know if you have seen the images that Treyarch have been sending YouTubers but they consist of the Mob plane, Tranzit bus with bus route B on it and many more. So could Treyarch actually have more than what we think we are getting in store for us?

I can't wait to get home from work and tune into the reveal tonight!

18 minutes ago, Blurryface said:

Correct. These are the maps that have been found in the games code after the latest update.

Tuesday/Wednesday Black Ops 3 got a little update which didn't seem to show anything of it, so things carried on as normal. But our handy data miners got digging into the code and actually found out these maps.

They found them in a 'Message of the Day' section and so, we got our map list. But do we really?

The thing is, Treyarch know we do these things. So did they put them on there to distract us from other things?

I don't know if you have seen the images that Treyarch have been sending YouTubers but they consist of the Mob plane, Tranzit bus with bus route B on it and many more. So could Treyarch actually have more than what we think we are getting in store for us?

I can't wait to get home from work and tune into the reveal tonight!

Well wouldn't surprise me.. Tranzits not Blundells Creation, and MOTD he he assisted with the campaign team to finish. If I'm not mistaken

Archived