Green lyrics = Edward Richtofen

Yellow lyrics = Takeo Masaki

Blue Lyrics = Nikolai Belinski

White Lyrics = Tank Dempsey

Grey Lyrics = alltogether

Red Lyrics = My assertions

Life is still spinning
Your end, my beginning

The above lyrics are meant to say "In order to create, one must first destroy. I have destroyed you, and now, I can begin." At least in one sense, this may have to do with the 2.0 characters killing the 1.0 characters, then catching up in age, expecting to die... but not dying. The fact that this song is set in Verrukt is no accident, either. Dempsey was driven insane by the events of the Asylum, then was captured by Group-935, to be experimented on by Edward Richtofen. Der Eisendrache takes place DIRECTLY after the events of Verrukt. 
And everything I hope for has been strangely set aside

The Reason I think this is Nikolai speaking is because of lyrics from "Beauty of Annihilation", 'Poison fills the cup of the carpenter'. In that map, nikolai claims to have been a Carpenter, back in Russia. I will admit that that is flimsy logic, however, I have no other understanding of it. Please comment below if you have a better understanding.
Breathing for living
My mind is forgiving

Only the Cursed Survive. What to we breath to do? Live. SURVIVE. Therefore, as long as you're breathing, you're cursed. Now, in order to continue surviving in world full of sin, both others' and your own, you must do a lot of mental acrobatics to keep yourself sane. Simple enough explanation for simple lyrics.
And destiny is proving to be absent from my life

Richtofen expected to die by this point. That's all there is to it.

I know it, I feel it
I know when you're sleeping
I know the things you're dreaming
And I know you will never give up and die

I will NOT be explaining the chorus from this song. At all. Deal with it.

Conscious fulfilling, the darkness revealing

Everything the characters are doing at this point is to draw them closer to the moment when they will meet their younger selves. They wish to avoid it... but they can't. It's destiny... unless destiny is absent.
All faults and insecurities are shining like the sun

He is speaking directly to Edward, who has deep insecurities and is constantly trying to hide it.
Eyes are decieving

Edward is denying that he has insecurities, telling nikolai that he's merely imagining things.
Your mind will stop breathing and

I believe here, that Edward is talking to Tank, mostly because of the next lyric.
All that you are made of will now rightly become mine

In The Giant, Edward talked about bottling Tank's luck. This right here is the outcome of that, that everything that makes Tank, Tank, and so powerful, becomes Edward's.

You know it, you feel it

I love it when you're weeping
Even death can't stop this feeling
And I know you will never give up and die

Father, why have you forsaken me?
My life is gone

A reference to the plight of Takeo 1.0, who had been betrayed by the Emperor. It is also a reference to Christianity, as the last words of Jesus included "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" Which means "Father, Father, Why have you forsaken me?"
Father, know how long it's taken me?
I live again

This asks a question to the listener. How long did it take Jesus to be resurrected? 3 days.

I love when you're weeping

I love when you're weeping
And I know you will never give up
No, you will never give up...
You will never give up... and die

Okay, so overall, I think this song is a connect between the events of Black Ops 3, whatever the future holds for the characters until they catch up in age, and what has already been seen between World at War and Black Ops 2. I don't think we're done with the characters, and to be honest... I think that a lot worse things are going to happen to them. Most of you will not WANT to continue with the story. You'll think they're trying too hard to make the story artistic... It was always like that though. Through the other analyzations of the songs that I will make, I hope you'll understand.

As for this song, I'll be honest, it wasn't one of the easiest for me to analyze. There are reasons for this, such as it being the first song from COD Zombies that had lyrics, it's also short, and has things that if I were to explain... well... It would be bad.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived