The Aether and Agartha aren't exactly the same

anonymous

• Moderators

There were already mentions to the Aether in the early maps of CoDZ. The wall writing in Der Riese saying "Return through Aether", the teleporters, the radios. They all referred in some way to an electromagnetic realm beyond our perception. Black Ops 1 and 2 proved that even more. Once you accessed the Aether, you would become omnipotent, immortal and were able to communicate via Element 115. Element 115 was a bridge between our dimension, and the one above us.

Despite its powers, the Aether became associated with Hell. Think about Fluffy becoming a Hellhound while teleporting through Aether. Richthofen becoming evil and insane after touching the with the Aether connected MPD. The Aether's ability to have control over the demonic undead. Gersch talking about his suffering in "that awful place". The Aether is a bad place.

While there was theorized alot about the mythical world within our world, Agartha, a real reference to it we were gained only twice. Agatha, in addition to the Aether, was believed to be some kind of Heaven. Many ancient civilizations talked about this place, known under many names, under our world. A place were there was no sickness, corruption and death. A true paradise.

"The process has begun! Now I control the aether energy! I can, at last, reach Agartha!"

Once Maxis has won at the end of Buried, its official: For the first time, the name "Agartha" is directly mentioned. So what's this Agartha? What we do know, is that Agartha is a more powerful place than the Aether, as we see Maxis being able to banishing Richthofen's soal, who was in the Aether, to the bodies of the undead. Maxis even says that he now can control aetherial energy. So, this Agartha is more powerful than the demonic electromagnetic dimension known to us as Aether.

Agartha > Aether

This is also why Richthofen want us to activate the pylons and mend the Rift. His powers in the Aether are limited. In Agartha, he can do what he wants.

"Finally, I am in control! The aether is mine to manipulate as I wish. The world is now my own personal plaything! A-HA HA!"

This says Richthofen when he enters Agartha. Once again, it is said that from here, the lower Aether can be manipulated.

In the video of Doctor Monty, what Treyarch released just before Revelation, there is something nasty said. Something that causes some people to wake up of nightmares about it in the middle of the night. Beware, the following quote might hit you hard.

Dr. Monty - "This is it. The Aether. Agartha."

Soooooo, our speculation of the last 10 years is wrong. Aether and Agartha are the same. Right? No!

During Black Ops 3, there is spoken of the normal or "light" Aether and the Dark Aether. The normal Aether is the dimension where the Keepers, or perhaps Vrill Ya reside. In this dimension, the Keepers are gained enormous power, allowing them to protect the lower dimensions against the inhabitants of the Dark Aether: The Apothicans, the most powerful and evil entities in all the existences that ever existed.

In the beginning, there were only the Keepers. But then corruption of the dark Aether leached its way into the realm and twisted the minds of some of the Keepers. These Keepers turned to shadows of their former selves and eventually became the Apothicons.

That's the sad thing. Those Apothicans were originally also Keepers. The demonic Dark Aether has corrupted their minds.

Once the Great War ended with the defeat of the Apothicons, the Keepers ascended to become the wards of all universes. The surviving Apothicons were cast out, banished to the dark Aether beneath creation. After eons of exile in the dark Aether, the Apothicons evolved into twisted creatures that now bear little resemblance to their keeper brethren. The Apothicons ceaseless desire is to reenter creation to consume and corrupt all the universes. It is the Keepers that guard against these perpetual attempts to reenter creation

After the Great War was won by the normal Keepers, and lost by the corrupted ones, the victors entered the normal Aether and banished the corrupted Keepers to the Dark Aether. Here, they were prisoned for an infinite amount of time. So, what we know from this is that the Aether is more powerful than the Dark Aether

Aether > Dark Aether

The normal Aether is Agartha, and the Dark Aether is what we called Aether in the WaW/BO/BO2 era. A demonic, yet powerful dimension: The Dark Aether. A perfect, even more powerful realm: Agartha. The MPD connects to the Dark Aether, and this is why it makes Richthofen and Samantha insane. At the same time, it corrupts their minds, and the power that lays in that "demonic prison" is somehow appealing. It makes you power-hungry.

Agartha, on the other side, is a nice place to be, and has even power over the Dark Aether. This is why the Keepers in Agartha were able to banish the corrupted ones to the Dark Aether and were able to hold them there and guard the other dimensions and universes from them.

In the Giant and Der Eisendrache, the teleportation flashes of the MTD that were originally blue, were now more purple. Why? It isn't that it makes it look more fancy.

"Hell is purple"

The Aether through which you go, when using the MTD, is the Dark Aether. This is also why Fluffy became demonic after using it.

Red portals. We see them as the Rift in Buried and the rift-portals during BO3. These are portals going through Agartha, or the light Aether. The Rift in Buried indirectly leads to Agartha. If you let Richthofen win in Buried, he will enter Agartha and enables the Apothicans to consume that universe. That's why Buried is the last map of that universe: Either Maxis destroys it, or the Apothicans consume it. (and parts from that universe later reappear in Revelations, in the Aether).

The numerous tales and myths of Agartha in hollow earth, how could you explain that? I think that might be because of the Earth having 115 in her astenosphere. It could teleport you to Agartha. @AetherialVoices has explained to me that it could be because of 115 being such an instable element, and not belonging in our dimension. Therefore, it wants back to its stable form in the Aether, and that's why it can displace objects via or to the Aether. This could be an explanation of all those mythological tunnels and holes leading to Agartha.

So a short summary: Aether is Agartha and the Dark Aether is the (pre-BO3) Aether. Some things still need to be explained, but if this theory is correct, we will sooner or later be able to do.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice thread there. I like how you're trying to make sense out of the Treyarch retcon nonsense.

Only thing that contradicts your theory in my opinion is that if Revelations takes place in the Aether / Agartha like Monty says it does, then why do we see all the Apothicons who were cast out to the Dark Aether there?

It just boggles my mind who on earth thought it was a good idea to suddenly make Agartha & the Aether the same damn thing. It was clearly meant to be two different places, but nope, now it's not. And Revelations takes place in presumably the Dark Aether because of the Apothicon Sun and the Apothicons themselves all roaming around, so that would mean that there are 3 Aethers all in the same place? Like, what?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Slade said:

It just boggles my mind who on earth thought it was a good idea to suddenly make Agartha & the Aether the same damn thing. It was clearly meant to be two different places, but nope, now it's not. And Revelations takes place in presumably the Dark Aether because of the Apothicon Sun and the Apothicons themselves all roaming around, so that would mean that there are 3 Aethers all in the same place? Like, what?

They weren't just in there - they were brought into it. The Shadow Man opened a gateway in Monty's perfect world, allowing the Apothicons to enter. The unknown transition lies more so from becoming the perfect world to the Aether, but perhaps a conglomerate of the Aether + Dark Aether like you said is entirely possible. That's why older maps appear fractured within this realm - everything got jumbled together, hence Monty saying that it's all "practically held together with tape".

@InfestLithium

4 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

The Shadow Man opened a gateway in Monty's perfect world allowing the Apothicons to enter.

I see it the other way around. Once The Shadow Man is released and he does his magic mumbo jumbo, you can see the playable areas of Revelations + the House appearing out of nowhere in the Aether. So we're entering the Aether, rather than  the Apothicons entering our dimension.

And during Monty's explanation of the Apothicons, we see a couple of them collecting 115 from the Blue Sun and shooting it into different portals. So they've been there for a while, since the Apothicons shooting 115 to other dimensions has been going on since they got stuck there one would assume. 

That would mean we're entering their home so to speak, the Dark Aether. But then why doesn't Monty call it the Dark Aether? Why call it everything but the Dark Aether?

• Moderators
On ‎21‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 11:02 PM, Slade said:

That would mean we're entering their home so to speak, the Dark Aether. But then why doesn't Monty call it the Dark Aether? Why call it everything but the Dark Aether?

That's not even the biggest question that comes in my mind when thinking about what you say. If Revelations is in the Dark Aether, why aren't the Primis omnipotent and are in control of the zombies, like every person in the MPD (supposing that my theory is correct and the Dark Aether is the dimension that can be entered via the MPD). We know that there are at least 63 dimensions. Could this part of the Dark Aether somehow be lower and less powerfull than the "MPD" Dark Aether? For another reason you have to have read AetherialVoices's topic about positive and negative dimensions. In this theory, there is are positive dimensions, e.g. the 1th, 2th, 3th, 4th, 11th and 63th dimension and the "light" Aether. There are, however, also negative dimensions. A dimension of a negative X, Y and Z-axis: The negative 3th dimension. In this way, there also is a negative Aether (whatever dimension that is): The Dark Aether.

xPH17z5.jpg

The Dark Aether we play in in Revelations might be a lower negative dimension (like the -3th Dimension) while the Dark Aether that can be entered via the MPD is a higher Dimension (like the -4th Dimension).

Spoiler

Samantha's_Bedroom_2_Kino_der_Toten_BO.pngSamantha's room in 3D

Samantha_Demonized_Bedroom_2_Kino_der_Toten_BO.png

Samantha's room in -3D (I suppose)

This is the thread that explains the stuff I just told a little better.

• 1 month later...

So maybe this clears up a few things for me. I always used to go on other forums and make theories about the origins of the zombies, as I wasn't completely convinced that Element 115 on it's own would raise the dead. I didn't even know what to call it at the time, but here it is simplified! Dark Aether.

So how do we start a zombie apocalypse?

1. Create a source = the big beam thing shooting out of Agartha (the Spark)

2. Spit a load of 115 rocks into other dimensions

3. The 115, used as a lure, invites the dark aether to spread into the living and dead

4. Let the silly human race interact with the damn rocks and unlock its potential

AND THERE WE HAVE IT!

The glaring problem of the "origin", is there still needs to be a gap filled. What about the universe that Monty originally came from? Was their an Apothicon invasion there? 

Is the universe a lie :surprise48:

Archived