• Moderators
On 10/8/2021 at 5:59 PM, RadZakpak said:

I've gone through and made edits to Book 1 and updated every chapter so far in Book 1 and 2 on the site. I'm freezing work on Book 1 for a long time now, so now's the best time to read it if you've been putting it off! 

https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/home/

Would highly recommend anyone who hasn't read it yet to start reading this masterpiece. Its canon to everything we know about the story till the finest details.

What kind of things did you update? Grammar and typos or also content or additions of sentences? Also, can I just say how I love the fact you made Richtofen hate leberwurst in the beginning of the book while he loves it in the end (CotD radio), showing his change in character. Details like that make this story so great

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, anonymous said:

What kind of things did you update? Grammar and typos or also content or additions of sentences? 

Mostly grammar and typos. The only major change is changing what Group 601 is and changing Kustover Posten to Kustenposten. With the latter change, I know in the beginning it likely referred to the Siberian Facility, being by the coast, but it developed such a mystery around it in the community that I'd like to keep it as a separate facility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Amazing work Rad, you got the real Ultimis vibes described here, the characters come to life. Really laughed at some points as well.

Two small points I have

"The frame of the device illuminated, and as if it were unable to contain the row energy within"

I think this must be 'raw' instead of 'row', but I could be wrong. Another thing is in the Fightclub-like scene that Nikolai and Dempsey start kicking each other for fun, it initially isn't made clear that the other guy is Dempsey. Maybe this is intended, and I already guessed this concerned Dempsey since he would be the only one enjoying such things, but wanted to make sure anyway.

• Brains 1
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

Amazing work Rad, you got the real Ultimis vibes described here, the characters come to life. Really laughed at some points as well.

Two small points I have

"The frame of the device illuminated, and as if it were unable to contain the row energy within"

I think this must be 'raw' instead of 'row', but I could be wrong. Another thing is in the Fightclub-like scene that Nikolai and Dempsey start kicking each other for fun, it initially isn't made clear that the other guy is Dempsey. Maybe this is intended, and I already guessed this concerned Dempsey since he would be the only one enjoying such things, but wanted to make sure anyway.

Thank you! Will make those fixes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

These kind of chapters that do not represent something seen in-game are always interesting and surprising to read. I like it how dr. Okitsu remains a returning character, now instead of being some kind of wicked scientist we really know how evil this person is. Get some kind of Japanese Mengele feeling of this guy.

Love the reference to temple complex being buit in the era of the Great War. I must say I am not fully sure why Ultimis went here. Perhaps it is because we aren't supposed to know yet (as far as I know, last chapter they were in Shi no Numa), or did I forgot things?

• Brains 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators
On 7/23/2023 at 7:08 AM, Joe Mac Manus said:

Is the project still ongoing? I just read the first book and started reading th second and I really liked them, I like how you incorporated new characters like Wagner and Okitsu and I'm really surprised you managed to make a novel out of the storyline, no small feat. 🙂

I'm glad you've liked it! I still plan to keep it going, I've just had issues with time and motivation.

• Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know, it's awesome, I sometimes think about how awesome it would be to make a film out of this, specifically this adaptation (I really like the Peter McCain story in this book), I mean, imagine Jason Blundel directing. Would it be better if it was a live-action or a 3d animated film lime the games? I would rather 3d but Takeo's voice actor can't act anymore so...