• Moderators

Oh, we are nearing the end. This is so exciting! The finale of Richtofen's part of the story, inevitable from the beginning. I think it is so cool to see all those characters coming together again: Richtofen, Schuster, Maxis, Samantha, Groph. That goodbye between Richtofen and Schuster was more emotional to me knowing this really will be the last time the two old friends, with which this story started, will see each other. Also really liked that scene where Schuster tries to escape

We've reached the climax: Zombies start to break lose, main characters die and the most important event in the whole story just happened. These are the chapters the whole story was building up to and you certainly took your chance to write it down very well.

• Brains 1
  • Moderators

In Nevada, the cactuses are tall

And the Eye of Providence sees all

So don’t get it twisted

Their demands are listed

From the Shadows, they watch you crawl

- J "B"

Chapter 45: Relentless

See the source image

Epilogue: Rebirth

illuminati.png

Well everyone, it's been 4 years. And after numerous rewrites, major life events, entire new games, and new depths of zombies lore, I can say we've reached the end of the line for Book 1 of this project: Ascend From Darkness. I'm not quite 100% finished as I am still going through and updating chapters for V2 of the book. The new link for V2 of the book can be found here. So far I've updated chapters 1-14 and foresee finishing updates by the release of Cold War. If you've already started reading the old version, and want to be up to date on what is changing, you can follow along here.

Here's to the future of this story. Let's see where Cold War takes us, and we'll be right back after these messages...

inglourious basterds tarantino GIF

• Brains 2
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, Lenne said:

Gut Ding braucht Weile.

So I am good to read this now asap? 

Congrats rad Rad. How does it feel to have it mostly done?

Bin Stolz auf dich, but more importanly you can be proud of yourself. 

❤️

You're good to start. I'm at Chapter 14 right now in edits, and am doing about 2 a day. I imagine you won't be through with the first 13 by the time I'm done completely.

Also, feels good man.

• Moderators

Well sincerely gratuliere mein freund! It's so cool to see it finished now after you've worked on this project for so long. I remember being really curious that when time many years ago when I believe it was @InfestLithium who posted a sneak peak of the Book on his status, and ever since I've been catching up with new chapters and re-reading old chapters. I remember the release of the Timeline invaluated the canonity of Book 1 and Book 2 you were writing back then and I remember how you, stubborn and ambitious, overstepped that challenge and started to re-writing everything. 

It's both beautiful and tragedic to see the end of the two protagonist stories, Richtofen and Peter. It's like finishing every good book, you want to read more but it is over now. So I guess I should re-read the updated book now?

Do you have any serious plans short-term in contacting Treyarch or a book publisher? If you won't publish this book, I think I'm gonna print it myself, seal it with plastic and take it as a genuine book on my next holiday trip 😛

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Well sincerely gratuliere mein freund! It's so cool to see it finished now after you've worked on this project for so long. I remember being really curious that when time many years ago when I believe it was @InfestLithium who posted a sneak peak of the Book on his status, and ever since I've been catching up with new chapters and re-reading old chapters. I remember the release of the Timeline invaluated the canonity of Book 1 and Book 2 you were writing back then and I remember how you, stubborn and ambitious, overstepped that challenge and started to re-writing everything. 

It's both beautiful and tragedic to see the end of the two protagonist stories, Richtofen and Peter. It's like finishing every good book, you want to read more but it is over now. So I guess I should re-read the updated book now?

Do you have any serious plans short-term in contacting Treyarch or a book publisher? If you won't publish this book, I think I'm gonna print it myself, seal it with plastic and take it as a genuine book on my next holiday trip 😛

Thanks for all the love and support over the years ❤️

I'm not planning on contacting anyone about it, but once I do have all the chapters updated and finalized I will order for some to be printed out of my own pocket and will ship to anyone that wants one. I think first I might want to look into commissioning some art for a cover. If anyone artists reading are interested I'd be happy to talk it through.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, RadZakpak said:

If anyone artists reading are interested I'd be happy to talk it through.

I'd been meaning to get better at drawing and learn digital art, maybe a collaboration between artists on the forums could make the cover arts (it'd certainly be interesting to see the artstyles mix)

• Brains 1
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, clueless said:

I'd been meaning to get better at drawing and learn digital art, maybe a collaboration between artists on the forums could make the cover arts (it'd certainly be interesting to see the artstyles mix)

If you've got any ideas, DM me on Discord and we'll see what's possible!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

This comes a little later than expected, but, I finally pushed through and finished editing Version 2 of Book 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jiaHzygu1JByl_oaegLmcwVchoC4BHHMCkpQY-FAPkQ/edit?usp=sharing

For the list of major changes, you can check this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LCq_i_x7HDF8RgLQOEE10QAUqGg1-7yrpVln72DsTPQ/edit?usp=sharing

I'm finally going to take a step back and leave it as is. This is the complete Book 1. And thankfully, Cold War doesn't seem to be changing much about the Aether storyline, so I'm content knowing this is pretty much the final version.

Now then, on to Book 2!

• Brains 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just wanna say before anyone starts reading Book 2, please know that there are certain plot threads that will be spoiled somewhat from Book 1 that I have added, so I recommend for the best experience reading Book 1 through first. Thanks!

In a bunker now

Strange guns and stranger voices

This will be my tomb

- J "B"

Book 2: A Soul Alone

Prologue: Undone

Chapter 1: Danke Schoen

Der Riese Occupation Status

Chapter 2: Blue Monday

Chapter 3: The Night

• Brains 1
  • Moderators

@RadZakpak the dawn of the continuation of this masterpiece! I like it how the tradition of two parallel stories is being maintained, with now Pernell replacing Peter's part. Thinking longer about it, the title is very well being chosen: As spoiled in 'Danke Schoen', it relates to Richtofen's Ascension to the Aether. But if we take into account that Pernell may have a prominent role in this story as well, "A Soul Alone" may also relate to the rise and fall into madness of his soul.

I also like it how in Pernell's part, Richtofen's intentions and whereabouts are dretched in such ambiance of mystery. That perfectly fits with Richtofen's role in the story. Then there is the part Schuster talks about the Zombies becoming passive, and the yellow light fading in their eyes. Imagine the gruesome feeling he must have when he saw that same yellow light in their eyes again, many years later in the Pentagon. Good forecasting to that!

In these two chapters introducing Ultimis, you already succeeded in making Nikolai's attitude to the rest clear: Nikolai liking Dempsey and (to a lesser degree) Richtofen, but despising Takeo. And the storm reference, of course, a nod to your theory. 

If you ever need assistence with explaining some (pseudo)sciencific stuff like what happens in Ascension, or any other Easter Egg process, feel free to shoot me a message, I'd love to help

• Brains 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Chapter 4: "Remember Forever"

Chapter 5: "It Came Out Of The Sky"

Pygmalion Film Reel Transcript

Also, just wanna say here that going forward because of those unreleased Group 601 images I'm changing Group 601 to be the name of Maxis' alliance with the Nazis rather than my previous explanation in Book 1. I will eventually go back and fix Book 1 to reflect this. Anyhow, enjoy!

• Brains 1
  • Moderators

Thorougly enjoyed it, nicely done. So cool that the two main stories are so different, Schuster's part being more alike to Book 1 and Ultimis' part being vastly different. I think I said it before but you can really "live into" your characters. I automatically hear the voices of Ultimis upon reading their part, and I know exactly what type Schuster and Bush are.

• Brains 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...