• Moderators

Updated several of the chapter titles, added the remaining chapters of the book to the contents. Sorry if anyone was attached to the names as they were, but I wanted to keep some of them more consistent with a theme I have going now, especially with chapters from Richtofen's point of view. 

These names shouldn't change from now on, as these are now set in stone as the final remaining chapters of the book. Looking back, it's kind of crazy how much has been written, and how long it has been since I started. But, I really really hope that I can motivate myself to finish Book 1 by the end of 2020. That would be just swell.

• Brains 1
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, anonymous said:

If you've finished this book, you should seriously contact a book presser. This doesn't undergo any other professional work

Dunno if that were to be allowed, since Rad, would have to deal with Activision/Treyarch then. . . 

Great job you are doing, Rad I am looking forward to reading the book in full. : -D

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Lenne said:

Dunno if that were to be allowed, since Rad, would have to deal with Activision/Treyarch then. . . 

Great job you are doing, Rad I am looking forward to reading the book in full. : -D

It would be a shame if they didn't saw the potential in this. After all, it doesn't harm them, right? 

You should definately make contact with them first, though

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Because self-motivation is not working, I'm going with a different strategy. I'm publicly declaring I will finish a chapter by the 31st of May, and then for every month in 2020 I will release two chapters on the last day of the month. If I get more than two chapters done early, I will release all of them on the scheduled day until Book 1 is done. With this schedule, I should be able to complete Book 1 by the end of 2020.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Because self-motivation is not working, I'm going with a different strategy. I'm publicly declaring I will finish a chapter by the 31st of May, and then for every month in 2020 I will release two chapters on the last day of the month. If I get more than two chapters done early, I will release all of them on the scheduled day until Book 1 is done. With this schedule, I should be able to complete Book 1 by the end of 2020.

I like the idea, but don't forget creativity flows from freedom and joy. As a reader, I'd be fund on more chapter releases, but don't work on it when you don't feel like. Writing a book should be fun, not obligated. If I may ask, is this self-motivation only lacking when you have to start, or also while working on it?

@Lenne Looks like the short blackout of the site a couple of hours ago made your comment disappear

• Moderators
2 hours ago, anonymous said:

I like the idea, but don't forget creativity flows from freedom and joy. As a reader, I'd be fund on more chapter releases, but don't work on it when you don't feel like. Writing a book should be fun, not obligated. If I may ask, is this self-motivation only lacking when you have to start, or also while working on it?

The problem is I have every remaining chapter outlined and in my head the story is finished, so actually sitting down to start to write out the detailed chapter is hard to get started. Once I get started though, I can usually get through it in a day or two. I think it's just figuring out those first few words that stops me.

• Moderators

At last the two main characters meet each other, the two stories come together. Now this was a really grim and nasty chapter. Cool to see a perspective in Der Riese and Group 935 from another point if view than Richthofen. I really felt that part about the dogs and Pablo...poor Pablo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

2 chapters of the Storybook and a couple of new theories this busy day of my examination week? Man I'm so hyped, but since I dont have infinite time I dont wanna rush such masterpieces like this.

Uhh but I dont have patience either. So reading these chapters will be my reward for learning for about two hours.

I'll give your feedback later and btw love the music you post all the time alongside the chapters, giving them a certain extra atmosphere.

EDIT: Nice ones, reminds me a bit of the Inglorious Basterds scene where Hans Landa makes a deal with Aldo the Apache. I got your pun of Richtofen referring Cornelius to a 'him or her' by the way ;). These must be one of the few good times for Richtofen, feeling like he is all in control and everything goes to plan....until a little girl got in between.

• Brains 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

As the end of the month approached, I was really looking forward to a new reveal of chapters.

I like it how the two min stories, Richtofen's and McCain's, are really tying together now. Richtofen also clearly behaves like a sadistic maniac now, seems like the blackness at last has swallowed his heart.

And then my eyes noticed Nikolai's testsubject name, 4N0N!  Can you imagine there being a reference to your name in one of your favourite books? I was bursted with honour upon reading that, and still kinda gazed. I've been a follower and fan of this Storybook ever since it began, I've seen all your hard work put in it and all the rewrites of different versions of the chapter. Its like a series you follow over years, new episodes being released every now and then. Occasionally, on holidays, I started re-reading it all, enjoying it every time again. And then reading this small nod, this 4N0N, that really is something that fills me with happiness. Thank you

• Brains 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

You know, ever since Peter's first chapter you knew this would happen. You knew he would get caught and the marines would be send to extract him, fruitless. I must admit I sorta looked up against these chapters, and when reading them they were even more gruesome than I imagined. I think you really did a good job on sketching the grim atmosphere: First at Peter's hopelessness and later and the fatal fight of the marines as the clash upon the undead hordes in Verrückt. Also, loved how the Verrückt trailer quotes and scenes were in it, like those trailers are filmed scenes from this book.

That Brothers.exe file did it for me, though. Upon reading it, knowing what just happened to Peter and Dempsey and knowing what will happen to them in the future....damn. You see, this book is written for zombie fans, folks who already know the story. Each and every chapter you knew to surprise me as a reader, keeping it so enjoyful and well-written and introducing so many new things. It is perfectly canon but yet a whole new story, if you get what I mean, and that is the magic of the Storybook. But these two chapters are gruesome, because we already know what will happen. And so it will for other readers.

• Brains 1
  • Moderators

So concurrent with the final 8 chapters, I'm going to be working on a V2 of Book 1 to make little tweaks that I think fit better in canon, fix mistakes, remove plot threads that are unnecessary, and just make general improvements. This is gonna be needed before I can put this book out there as a more final product since I started on this version of the book all the way back in 2017 and my writing style and ideas have changed since then with many discussions and everything we've learned in Black Ops 4.

For anyone reading this that has read earlier chapters and noticed something that doesn't seem right or could be improved, let me know so I can add it to the change list. If something isn't explained enough or confusing that's very important. For right now, here are changes I plan on making, in case someone starts/started reading before V2 is done:

- Removing instances of Richtofen referring to the Shadowman as "My Lord". That was reactionary to Blood of the Dead, but I think their relationship is different from the Warden's.

- Adding more references to Maxis' Vril experiments and better explaining what that's all about.

- Making sure the zombies' eyes are always yellow.

- Adding evidence of the Illuminati to Shangri-La, giving Richtofen more reason to be angry with them and leave, for not sharing their knowledge with him. Stuff like the Illuminati writing on the gongs.

- Changing the idea that Richtofen came up with teleporter technology. The Keepers were the original inventors, and Monty seems to have influenced Maxis' interest in it.

- Adding instances to suggest Maxis has knowledge of Keepers in some capacity.

- Adding Keeper stuff back to Der Eisendrache. I originally left it out believing it to be limited to fractures, but I've changed stances.

- Mentioning "The Genesis Code" early on, something Maxis has interest in.

- Making sure Griffin Station is not given that name until Group 935 occupies Griffin Castle.

- Adding a mention when Richtofen returns to Der Riese from Shangri-La how he found an ancient teleporter there. This is the same one we see used in the Classified opening cutscene.

• Brains 2
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

To whom it may concern

We're all going to burn

I fear I am nearing the end

My ink has run dry

I'll give the radio a try

Maybe then His hand He will lend

Who am I kidding

From where I am sitting

There is no rule left to bend

But heed my call

Read through it all

And perhaps my warning will send

- J "B"

Chapter 39: Last Disciple

Sam Drawing Richtofen Friends.png

Entry1474.txt

Chapter 40: Will and Testament

Dempsey Clone Two Heads.png

• Brains 2
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I'm so hyped there are only three chapters and an epilogue to go. This grand voyage is almost completed (which will make me either print out the entire script or buy it may you have gotten a deal with a publicher and it be sold online.

I feel so bad for Schuster now, I imagine he was able to isolate himself on Griffin Station all those years merely because he knew his friend Edward would count on him and he tought he was doing the right thing, but this all seems to be for nothing now. In prior chapters it appeared already that Richtofen had become a real jerk, and alongside Maxis and the whole Griffin Station crew it seems everybody is immersed in a grim, bittered, state.

We all know where this story will end...

(Oh and loved that sentence of Sam about Russian friends, I got that!)

• Moderators

I've only just started reading this a few days ago and I am amazed at how you tie it all together so far. I admit to having stupid grins across my face during certain parts of this so far just seeing these references being built up to and executed. I can't wait to fully catch up with this!

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
Just now, clueless said:

I've only just started reading this a few days ago and I am amazed at how you tie it all together so far. I admit to having stupid grins across my face during certain parts of this so far just seeing these references being built up to and executed. I can't wait to fully catch up with this!

Yeah right?! I'll start re-reading it all when the book is done

• Like 1