• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

I had a Sunday morning hangover-->saw a new chapter of the Storybook was released-->cooked an egg, laid back on the sofa and began to read. Once again a nice job. The wall writing part kinda reminds me of a scene in the Crystal Skull. And Richthofen's mind for the first time obey the Apothican voices: the beginning of his downfall into madness. I like the psychologic aspect behind this chapter.

About Schlaukopf, can't you put that chapter later in the Storybook? To scrap it completely seems a bit bummer to me

I should have been more specific, it isn’t scrapped, it is now chapter 28 on the side.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Say hello to Chapter 9 of Book 1, Novus Ordo Seclorum: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/book1ch9

This chapter is from the perspective of a little seen and little heard from character: Doctor Schuster. I really enjoyed fleshing out his personality some and showing Richtofen's downfall from an outside perspective. On that note, if you are a fan of my work and Richtofen's downfall, check out my thread on that subject here if you haven't already: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/185493-the-tragical-history-of-the-life-and-death-of-doctor-richtofen/?tab=comments#comment-1766150

• Like 1
  • Moderators
On 8-4-2018 at 4:20 AM, RadZakpak said:

Say hello to Chapter 9 of Book 1, Novus Ordo Seclorum: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/book1ch9

This chapter is from the perspective of a little seen and little heard from character: Doctor Schuster. I really enjoyed fleshing out his personality some and showing Richtofen's downfall from an outside perspective. On that note, if you are a fan of my work and Richtofen's downfall, check out my thread on that subject here if you haven't already: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/185493-the-tragical-history-of-the-life-and-death-of-doctor-richtofen/?tab=comments#comment-1766150

I liked this chapter very well and good that you've linked your Richthofen's Downfall post here as well. I don't think we got a chapter ever before on which that topic can be applied that much. Schuster's memories of the believed to be dead Doctor Richthofen are in contrast with the Richthofen who arrives in Der Riese later that day. I think it is fair to say that the real Richthofen actually did die after being teleported to the Moon.

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

So it's been a while, and with BO4 now in full swing, I want to take this opportunity to revive the project for those interested. I will update the OP with the new description as well.

Link to the Storybook: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/prologue-nacht  (NOTE: Attack on the Pentagon is now non-canon and I will have to rewrite it a second time after what we've learned in Classified.

If you do not know, the CoDz storybook is an undertaking to interpret the narrative of CoD zombies (The Aether Storyline) into a book format for a more linear experience, as to say the storyline is confusing for new players is an understatement. Also I think it will give an opportunity to see these beloved characters in a new light at the forefront of a story not always about shooting guns and killing zombies.

For those already initiated, you may remember I just sort of stopped in the middle of rewriting Book 1 following the release of the timeline, and I never really kept anyone updated. I would like to apologize, and state that the project is not dead. The story is expanding all the time through the games as the community discover new secrets, and so it is a little daunting to keep up with. Not to mention real life and the struggles of school.

So, here's the plan going forward. With Classified and Blood of the Dead blowing back open the storyline, I've given a lot of thought to how I want to structure the storybook to accommodate those maps as well as future maps in the Aether story, which are bound to happen. Now, I've heard leaked audio and kept up with the story developments of Blood and Classified. Without spoiling anything, I can kind of see the direction Craig and Blundell are going with this story, and I think it would be foolish of Treyarch and Activision to NOT end the Aether storyline with Black Ops 4, allowing the Chaos story to take its place in the future. With the pieces seeming to come together through Classified and Blood of the Dead, I am led to believe we will see some spectacular finale to tie everything back together and end the story. This is a good point for me to start structuring how I want to lay out each “Book” in the Storybook, and I will share that here.

Book 1: Told from a variety of perspectives, Book 1 chronicles the exploitation of Element 115 by Group 935 during the Second World War, which ultimately lead to the chaos pervading the entire story. Book 1 introduces Doctor Edward Richtofen, his superior and rival Doctor Ludvig Maxis, as well as Maxis' daughter Samantha. It also shows the war and experiments taking place behind the curtain from the perspective of American spy Peter McCain, as well as soldiers across the front, “Tank” Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, and Takeo Masaki. Book 1 will see the rise and fall into madness of the brilliant Richtofen, as he sets a plan in motion that will alter time and space permenantly, and have him come to meet his three infamous test subjects for the first time.

Book 2: Set back and desiring power, Edward Richtofen enlists the help of Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo to complete his plan to enter the Aether. Through all the blood and gore from legions of undead controlled by Samantha, the group, together known as Ultimis, finds themselves sent jumping through time in search of key components to Richtofen's plan. As we follow Ultimis, we see the ramifications of Richtofen's actions on the world during the era of the Cold War, where Group 935 scientists are used between the United States and Soviet Union in a technology race. The unholy experiments perpetuated by Group 935 and Samantha's influence create chaos in the modernizing world as major powers meet in order to keep the peace. Ultimis fights for Richtofen's agenda, only to find they have permenantly damaged the Earth and created a rift between dimensions.

Book 3: Following Richtofen's entering of the Aether, the world in 2025 is plunged into chaos from the fallout of the missiles impacting major countries of the Earth. Broken Arrow, the organizational successor to Group 935 in the United States created during the Cold War, is in part responsible for the post-missile civilization's falling apart. Former agent of Broken Arrow, known only now as “Russman”, wanders America, his memories inconsistent from the 115 exposure. Along his travels he meets Samuel Stuhlinger, a disgraced reporter with former connections to a flesh-devouring cult. Utilizing Broken Arrow's technology and wary of zombies and other survivors, they travel in search of solace in Hell on Earth. Marlton Johnson, an engineer contracted to work with Broken Arrow, who has only survived through his intelligence and knack for technology, meets Abigail “Misty” Briarton, a farm girl who lost everything and searches for somewhere better. As the four would come together at a zombie-infested bus station, they would be known as Victis. The world has plunged into a war between those on the side of Ludvig Maxis, his voice now a part of technology across the globe, those listening to Edward Richtofen's voice in their head, and the undead. Caught in this conflict, Victis must choose a side and find purpose as the world literally crumbles beneath them.

Book 4: When Edward Richtofen began to meddle with Element 115, he inadvertantly split the universe into several different multiverses, with elements of each travelling and passing through one another. One Dimension 63 was home to alternate versions of Group 935, Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, Nikolai, and Ludvig Maxis, now present during the first World War. Lost without her father, Samantha calls to the Ludvig of this dimension, enlisting his help as well as Richtofen and the three soldiers sent to capture him, in order to free her from the Aether. Together, Richtofen and his unconventional allies would become Primis, following Samantha's freedom, Richtofen would come to learn of his true importance to the state of the multiverse. Driven to put an end to the chaos ensnaring it, and to redeem the actions of his other selves, Richtofen comes together with the rest of Primis to collect their eternal souls and put an end to the reign of the Apothicons, an ancient evil responsible for Richtofen's corruption and the spread of Element 115 throughout the dimensions. Book 4 follows the cycle that Primis is trapped in, spanning throughout centuries and fractured timelines.

Book 5: Stuck in an infinite loop, Primis Richtofen decides the only way to break this cycle and stop the evil truly perpetuating it is to betray a version of himself, and allow him to die. Moving forward, he allows the rest of Primis to view the Kronorium, and as Nikolai gazes on all the versions of the future and past they have been fighting through together, he now sees the multiverse as it truly is. Book 5 follows the culmination of every element from Books 1-4 as they come together to truly put an end to the evil that has allowed chaos the cloud every dimension.

I'm hoping to have more chapters up when I have the time. My goal is to start small, and aim for 3 chapters in the month of November, and ramp up from there as I go on Winter Break. So be looking for that!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Good news everyone! I have two new chapters for you all, and in Book 2 no less!

Prologue: "Undone"

Chapter 1: "Danke Schoen"

I realize I promised three chapters by the end of the month, and I still may deliver on that, but as I was writing Danke Schoen, it panned out to be a very long chapter, much more like the length of a chapter in a real novel. It took about double the amount of work that would go into any other chapter, and hopefully that paid off in the end.

I am curious though, after reading, do you guys prefer the shorter, more concise chapters like I have always done, or do you like the longer, more detailed ones like Danke Schoen? If not, I think the chapter could be split in two to go with other chapters going forward.

And let me know of any continuity errors in these chapters or if you think I've gotten something wrong about the story. On one hand writing Book 2 without finishing Book 1 can be risky and sometimes difficult, but I feel it makes the book able to stand out more on its own rather than being tethered to the story before. My goal here is for this book to be a proper introduction into the world if you already have some knowledge of the storyline or have not read Book 1 in a while. So let me know if some element is confusing that I did not spot. Thanks, everyone!

• Like 2
  • Moderators

Some brilliant shit you've got there Rad! Took some time to read it but I enjoyed every bit of it. Undone is so cleverly made: It even makes the "second outbreak of NDU radio signals" quote canon. While reading it, I forgot that Book 1 ends with Sam just in the MPD: This chapter is a brilliant intro the new powers of this entity.

Danke Schön is a masterpiece. I would personally more be in favour in two short chapters rather than one large, but that's just me. Richthofen is a funny man, but sometimesI forget how cruel he actually is. And why the heck do they let the only drunk person drive!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Well, it's not three or even two chapters, but here is Book 1 Chapter 10: Facade. It is a followup to Richtofen's return to Earth after the MTD experiments sent him to the Moon. I think this chapter is a neat little way to establish where I want Richtofen and Maxis' characters to go in this book and there's some neat little nods here and there if you look closely.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
20 hours ago, anonymous said:

I like it! Dont fully understand the ending, though. I assume he is Illuminati, but is he also known in the CoDZ story? Love the mentions of those Illuminati facilities.

Oh, and one time you say Sophia but you mean Samantha

The man is not meant to be someone you know. The implication is he is an undercover Illuminati member who is there to watch Richtofen and make sure he doesn’t tell any secrets. The voices guided Edward to him and he knew that meant he was in the Illuminati. To send a message he did not want to be watched, Edward told him to report back with that message.

And what part do you mean about Sophia?

Edit: I see what part you mean, thanks!

Edited by RadZakpak

The topic of hearing voices naturally raises the question of how do people who hear voices, but aren’t psychotic, make sense of their experience? They use a range of techniques.

“Quite often the very first time they might not realize that other people can’t hear the voice or the voices but over time what they might do is develop an explanation for themselves that makes sense of it,” says Alderson-Day. “Which may be that they think it's just something that their brain is producing like a kind of unconscious brain radio happening. I know at least one or two people who would call it that.” Others think of it in terms of the voice of a passing loved one, or in terms of a spiritual framework. Voice hearers are well represented among people who call themselves mediums or psychics.

Over time, if the predictive processing theory holds up, this might change the way we treat some mental illnesses. Right now, the common practice is to treat frequent psychotic episodes with medications. But Alderson-Day thinks that a better understanding of why people hear these voices could help mental health professionals treat them in a more targeted way, perhaps helping those individuals manage and reframe their experiences into ones that are less distressing. Regardless, Alderson-Day wants those who think they hear voices to always seek help from a medical or mental health professional.

There's still so much we don't know about the brain. But for now, this research reminds us that our experience of the world is just that—our unique experience, driven by the way our neurons fire. And it begs the question: What other ways could it bias us

• Moderators

So, since I've changed the fifth book in the series to be part of the main story, I've restructured the side bar a bit, and have decided to have a non-canon section for all of my old writings that I hid away after they were deemed non-canon by the release of the timeline.

You can find the entirety of the old version of book 1the incomplete first sixteen chapters of old book 2, and all seven chapters of "Whispers of Morg City".

I plan on revisiting a lot of the the same writing from this work in the future when I get to that point. The storybook has become a much more complex project than I ever anticipated when I started years ago, and I hate to see all this writing go to waste. Someday I hope to re-integrate all of these stories back into the official book, but for now, enjoy them in all their non-canon, incomplete goodness!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RadZakpak said:

So, since I've changed the fifth book in the series to be part of the main story, I've restructured the side bar a bit, and have decided to have a non-canon section for all of my old writings that I hid away after they were deemed non-canon by the release of the timeline.

You can find the entirety of the old version of book 1the incomplete first sixteen chapters of old book 2, and all seven chapters of "Whispers of Morg City".

I plan on revisiting a lot of the the same writing from this work in the future when I get to that point. The storybook has become a much more complex project than I ever anticipated when I started years ago, and I hate to see all this writing go to waste. Someday I hope to re-integrate all of these stories back into the official book, but for now, enjoy them in all their non-canon, incomplete goodness!

Nice work @RadZakpak I enjoy seeing the extras! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

New chapter for a new year! And plans for the future are still looking good. I hope this school year does not kill me. In the mean time...

Book 1 Chapter 11: "Expansion"

From the perspective of Doctor Maxis, we learn of Group 935's great integration into the Third Reich and expansion to new facilities around the world, from the perspective of Doctor Maxis. This one has a lot of fun little nods for the well-versed zombies, and real-life historians!

Behind the Scenes: Originally, the next chapter was going to be "Funding", which was a chapter in the original Storybook that was grandfathered into the plans for the new Storybook with the timeline's help. But, my process for writing these chapters involves me thinking about the upcoming chapter for days trying to imagine how the entire chapter will play out, scene by scene, to best utilize the setting for world building, develop the characters, create interesting dialogue and interactions, and generally be entertaining while adhering to the canon. Will how ambitious it has gotten, I could not think of a good reason to keep the "Funding" chapter. The original was very lackluster, in my opinion. It was just Maxis telling Sophia to write a letter, and then there was a response to it to build the world a little. But I think this chapter accomplishes that, and much much more. So that is why the chapter was cut and its story woven into this one.

Edited by RadZakpak
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, RadZakpak said:

It’s my first week back from break and things look bleak in my math class but we will see.

Math is an absolute killer. Believe it or not, even in a biological study you cannot escape it. Recently had an exam in algebra (all in English), mostly about antidifferation and everything including that, but Im not good in it. Gave my neighbour a bottle of special beer and he explained everything to me better than any teacher (he's a physician), so lucky me I guess. 

If you got one specific part you dont understand, ask me, but in general I dont think I can help you. Best wishes man, I totally feel you

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
20 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Chapter 12 of Book 1, "Faithful Servant" is now on the site!

I have also gone back and made slight changes to previous chapters. I recently realized the Wunderwaffe DG-2 did not have its first prototype created until 1942, so previous references to the DG-2 are changed to be about the first version of the project.

A better birthday gift I couldn't wish from CoDZ! 

The horror of this chapter really got me. I dunno why, but I find wearing a blood-covered lab coat on a party and that monkey having a real skin rather than being a toy way more horrid than bloody organ-covered zombie slaughter. Gives me a real nasty feeling, next to the remaining ''brutal'' humour (similar to the Inglorious Basterds and Hatefull Eight Style). Good job

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Say hello to Chapter 13: "Upon This Rock..." 

The next chapter will be a departure from the Richtofen-centric story so far, so look forward to that when it does come. School really slows things down.

You may also notice I have added some chapter names for upcoming chapters, and I have updated the mobile menu for switching between chapters, and it should actually work now and is updated! Let me know if there are any more problems with it.

Edited by RadZakpak
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Lets fce the reality: This is so awesome. Despite me knowing the zombie story, every chapter you write makes me look forward to the next and makes me curious to it. You insert only very rarely some radio/audio reel quotes, and while your story follows all given information and is completely canon it is a true, complete story on its own, so I still dont know what will happen next. Love this so much. This is just exactly what happened, but then in more detail. Also love the way you give the characters their character: That is perhaps even more pretty.

The new mobile menu works perfectly, and I am way too much satisfied with that fact haha. Danke schön<3

Look forward to the testsubject chapters ? (at least, I assume they are about Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey? Or perhaps Dempsey alone since it are all chapters of the American WaW Campaign). The first steps to the 'brotherhood' they'll get later.