Zombie Richtofen from the comics is the one killed in The Giant?

Rissole25

So today I was rereading the comic book, and got up to the part where Richtofen was introduced. I just began thinking about what that Richtofen was about, and than I realized. He had the same facial marks as that jumpscare Richtofen from the The Giant. I compared the two and it's actually quite similar.

dddd_zpsitapkvvg.png

There are 4 areas of interest, which really how similar they are:

• Eyes: While both pupils are obviously yellow, take a look at the whites of their eyes. They are the same shade of pink/purple.
  • Ears: Both versions are missing parts in the same areas. Left ear in the top corner, Right ear in the middle.
  • Chin: The bottom of his chin, to the left. Both missing chunks in the same location.
  • Mouth: Specifically to the upper right. You have torn skin going up by his nose. You even have that same skin flap below the right nostril.

I don't think there is any denying the two are linked. However, the left image never occurs in the intro. It's only seen in the Shadows jumpscare, and when teleporting in The Giant. So I'm not sure what we can really do with it to be honest. Can we say this is what happens to Richtofen after he is killed? Is this a vision, of the future or past? A hint towards the comic? I am going to take a leap of faith, go with my gut and say this is just showing what happens to Richtofen after he is killed.

It's also a pretty big statement to say that The Giant Richtofen, is Zombie Richtofen in the comics. Because they're in different dimensions, and also, these comics technically take place before Shadows of Evil and The Giant. Richtofen wants the TranZit crew to find the Kronorium so he can find the Summoning Key. However at this point, I don't think that is too much of an obstacle, considering Monty sent the Origins crew to become Primis, essentially making a loop. And of course, Richtofen got his blood vials from Richtofen in the future himself.

Regarding different dimensions, this Richtofen Zombie is smart. I don't know how but he just is. So it's possible he may have been able to use The Giant's teleporters to do that (he is technically standing in front of one in that jumpscare). It's also possible he sneaked through the portal Maxis opened when he retrieved them. Entirely possible this was Shadowmans doing as well.

I've also realized Origins Richtofen never took that Richtofen's soul. Monty says the soul in the house has been there for a very long time, and we of course don't see him take it. We also know souls are contained within zombies, through easter eggs and Samuel hearing them in Die Rise. So I think his soul is allowing him to be this smart. But why is it so special though compared to other zombies? I don't know honestly. He falls in line with the bosses like the Thief and George. Why are they smart?

Lastly, that universe's Richtofen is/was in Agartha with Samantha's soul in it. Now we don't know which ending is canon still. It's pretty ambiguous. Maxis side may have freed her and put his body back into the normal dimension. But why is it acting smart than if no soul is in it? And we also have to consider whether Origins Sam is Buried Sam, who was stuck in Richtofen's body.

So what do you guys think? After he was killed in The Giant, could Richtofen have made his way somehow to the original universe and go after the TranZit crew?

Here is a video version incase you guys want to watch that instead:

Spoiler

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Its a weird thing. At first, I only thought he was sent by either Origins Richthofen or Aether Richthofen. But none of these really can send and control a zombie, can they? At the end of the Maxis side Buried EE, Richthofen is banished in a zombie body. Could it be that zombie we see. Naw, I don't think that. Firstly, he has blue eyes and secondly, he doesn't have that original nazi outfit but a regular Buried zombie outfit.

Thinking about the yellow/orange eyes he has, he could indeed be send by the Apothicans. Or Samantha. Or who knows is the controller in BO3. In the end of the comic he smiles when the N4 go though the portal. Like that is what he wanted. I guess we have to wait to the next comic to see where the portal leads to, and maybe than we can have a better conclusion of the purpose of that creepy zombie Richthofen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't exclude that it could be same person, there are many things who make them look similar,

also I think is funny and curious the fact that Treyarch wanted give us in shadows the same feeling of Misty in the comic book

having that scary face in our sniper lens. But I think they could be the same person, we know that tranzit crew got the chronorium

for Richtofen, the good Richthofen but if the Richthofen of The Giant who actually is the bad one is still alive maybe having now zombies features

he knows about chronorium as well and it could be a good reason who explain why he now's trying to catch the tranzit crew in the comic. But is too early to say

• Moderators

"Hello? Are you forgetting something? Even if your wretched daughter is still alive, she has MY BODY!" - Richthofen, when Maxis wins in Buried.

"I have been trapped for all eternity! Do you have any idea how long that is?" - Richthofen, when Maxis wins in Buried. He says this because he is damned to be a zombie for all eternity.

"But what about Samantha? Your actions condemn my daughter's very soul to eternal damnation! Even if you do not care for her, surely you wish to return to your own body?" - Maxis, when Richthofen wins in Buried. He says that Samantha will be damned for all eternity. Maybe he means that Samantha will be in an undead body of Richthofen (after swapping soals in moon.

By the way, welcome to the forum, @The_Giant_935, glad you've found us. If you have questions just ask me or the mods. Hope to see you around in the topics

Thank you very much!

yes the phrases above confirm that there is a Richthofen with a undead body but I think they  are about the Richthofen who's on moon,

you know there is more than 1 Richthofen, Nikolai says that he seen at least 3 Richthofen and so I think that the Richthofen of the Giant

is the one of a different timeline that we see in a zombie's body in the comic book

• Moderators

I'm fully on board with this Richtofen being The Giant Richtofen trying to get revenge on his Origins self for killing him, and also still trying to beat Maxis' zombies and take control again. We've seen "smart" zombies like this one before with Brutus, who seemed to command the zombies in Mob of the Dead, even sending them to kill all the mobsters except Weasel. I wouldn't be surprised if this zombie Richtofen can also speak, given the similar characteristics. If this is Richtofen's soul damned to be in a zombie body like the Buried ending where Maxis wins, he may have much better control of this particular body because it is his own, even if from another dimension.

@RadZakpak I don't think this Zombie Richtofen is trying to get his revenge on Origins Richtofen for killing him.

I mean if you think about it, he's really going after the Tranzit crew. And we know the Tranzit crew will end up getting the Kronorium to Richtofen.

So maybe this Zombie Richtofen is indirectly trying to stop them from handing the Kronorium over to Origins Richtofen because he somehow knows that once Richtofen gets the Kronorium he basically sets Monty's plan in motion causing the infinite cycle thingy.

• Moderators
On 1/11/2017 at 1:56 PM, anonymous said:

"But what about Samantha? Your actions condemn my daughter's very soul to eternal damnation! Even if you do not care for her, surely you wish to return to your own body?" - Maxis, when Richthofen wins in Buried. He says that Samantha will be damned for all eternity. Maybe he means that Samantha will be in an undead body of Richthofen (after swapping soals in moon.

Actually, now that you bring up this quote, it seems more likely that Samantha would be controlling this body, and it isn't the body from The Giant, but the one from Moon. With Maxis being the victor in this timeline, I could easily see him resurrecting his daughter, now in Richtofen's body. She may be trying to stop Richtofen's plans as he commands the TranZit crew.

Either way, whoever controls this zombie has some sort of vendetta against Richtofen, and is more intelligent than the average zombie.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Actually, now that you bring up this quote, it seems more likely that Samantha would be controlling this body, and it isn't the body from The Giant, but the one from Moon. With Maxis being the victor in this timeline, I could easily see him resurrecting his daughter, now in Richtofen's body. She may be trying to stop Richtofen's plans as he commands the TranZit crew.

Either way, whoever controls this zombie has some sort of vendetta against Richtofen, and is more intelligent than the average zombie.

I agree with you. It could be very possible that it is Samantha that follows the TranZit crew, not Richthofen

Archived