Zombies in Spaceland?!?!

BaronVonBeau

whats up guys, 

is it me or is our community dead right now!? I've been trawling youtube trying to find guides and there is next to nothing bar really obvious stuff. 

so, my first question is does anyone know how the parts work. their location seems completely random every game and it feels like there is a process to get them to spawn into the map as they don't always seem to be there. 

second, what the hell is the deal with the robots... 

thirdly, would anyone be interested in teaming up on PS4, 4 minds are better than 1 obviously!

i guess its still early and all the big youtuber guys are focusing on streaming the main EE but im getting frustrated going round in circles with this map already.

cheers for reading!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed the same. Only had a couple of runs on the map last night when it released, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to kill the giant alien. Shot him and shot him for like 3 rounds and he was still coming. Got to scene 21 on my first go without finding Tuff Enuff (or Jugg as I still call it), then I found on my second go that it's only a few doors away from spawn haha. Thing is, I was googling all this stuff trying to find answers but nada. Dunno how much the final release differs from the beta but I thought there would have been something.

I'm quite liking this though otherwise. Great vibe overall, just feels fun, love the setting and while there are a lot of features implemented, you're not forced to do a load of quests and stuff just to get set up it seems. I've yet to PaP yet though so we'll see haha.

• Tech Admin

I think in all honesty, zombies is dead (pardon the pun) in it's current guise, Treyarch have killed what was a fantastic game mode. Now that it is every year rather than every 2 years or even 3 for that matter it's just becoming over the top and people are just not investing into the game in ways that it was in the past. We are seeing a huge drop in activity and we are all questioning whether it's time to continue or to fade away, some are fading away.

As it stands, the community doesn't seem to be that interested to be completely honest and I blame Activision for chasing the $$$$ and letting game be saturated - we don't need it every year, but we do need a 2 year cycle with DLC drops over the two years (4 DLC's a year) - that's what people want, that's what people demand. £90 a year for a game and DLC season pass is too much and the fact we have had no innovation for at least 4 years (shame shit, different year).

1 hour ago, Hells Warrrior said:

I think in all honesty, zombies is dead (pardon the pun) in it's current guise, Treyarch have killed what was a fantastic game mode. Now that it is every year rather than every 2 years or even 3 for that matter it's just becoming over the top and people are just not investing into the game in ways that it was in the past. We are seeing a huge drop in activity and we are all questioning whether it's time to continue or to fade away, some are fading away.

As it stands, the community doesn't seem to be that interested to be completely honest and I blame Activision for chasing the $$$$ and letting game be saturated - we don't need it every year, but we do need a 2 year cycle with DLC drops over the two years (4 DLC's a year) - that's what people want, that's what people demand. £90 a year for a game and DLC season pass is too much and the fact we have had no innovation for at least 4 years (shame shit, different year).

I did quite enjoy zombies this year tbf (well, some of the maps anyway), but on the whole you're totally right. I dunno if it's just where I've been playing zombies since W@W and it's gotten old or what, but I was literally addicted to zombies throughout the entire Black Ops season all the way up to Black Ops 2. With Moon I was like okay, I love this map and all, however, slowly but surely I can see Treyarch overcomplicating something that pretty much thrives on simplicity, and predicted that Black Ops 2 would start to become relatively convoluted. Sure enough, I was right, and I gave it a chance since I'd already bought the season pass but almost every map was a fucking mess IMO, last two maps were decent in comparison but they just didn't do it for me like Black Ops 1 did.

The thing I do like about Black Ops 3 is that after a number of patches, there are a number of ways to play the game. Do I feel like zombies has gone in the right direction, though? No, absolutely not. I mean, with some of the maps the little quests to build the wonderweapon and stuff weren't bad and in many cases were probably quicker and cheaper than getting it from the box, I loved Eisendrache for example and you can also keep the game relatively simple on Revelations if you just want to get into a quick game, just like the old times where you can buy your perks, ravage the box, set up the PaP in mere minutes and you're away. Though, I HATED Zetsubou and Gorod. The former was just the most overcomplicated, ugly and annoying map in the history of zombies, even worse than Tranzit IMO, the latter should have been great since it was set in Stalingrad and I was expecting classic eerie vibes like the old days, but it just felt so nothingy and there are only a small handful of strategies to pick from which leaves little room for individuality and personal preference. Zielinski just went nuts with different ideas trying to evolve zombies that didn't work, Blundell recognised that zombies was evolving and had big ideas which is fair enough in many cases, but personally I just don't think zombies should have gotten any more complicated than Moon. People play zombies games for the sheer fun of killing zombies, we don't need all the bells and whistles to make it fun.

• Administrators

I think it's because most of the community has seen live streams of YT'ers tackle ZiS, and has been doing such for this entire year of Zombies collectively. A rather small percentage of players have even touched the mode, let alone the game itself. And because "it's not Treyarch", most people lack a sense of urgency to post newfound information.

Archived