What was your first ever Video/Computer Game you played.

Spider

I was looking through some games to pre-order when I saw that Atari Flashback Classics: Volume 1 and 2 were up for pre-order.

I checked it out to see if my first ever game I played was on the lists but sadly no, Anyway back on topic my game was called Berzerk it's a multi-directional shooter video arcade game, released in 1980 by Stern Electronics of Chicago. It is one of the canonical examples of a maze game, in which the player has to navigate around a maze-like building while shooting enemies.

This game was released on the Atari 2600.

Let me know what your game was in the topic, bring back some memories.

Berzerk.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Lego Racers, released on 31 July 1999, developed by High Voltage Studios. It was introduced to me around 8 years later as the first videogame I ever knew. Together with Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and Lego Rock Raiders later, these were the videogames I played in my early childhood.

@Spider The first games I ever played were also on the Atari 2600. Did you have the one with the wood grain effect on the front? I wish companies still put as much effort into the look of modern consoles, that thing was beautiful. It was my grandparents who owned it and I think the first game I ever played was Space Invaders, released in 1980, the only other cartridge they owned was Superman.

ngbbs5312b56a0cabb-640x372.jpg

First game I ever owned was the Dizzy Collection on the Atari ST, which had a monitor, keyboard and used floppy disks.  5 games in 1 mainly based around puzzles/problem solving, I'm still really fond of those games even now.

Dizzy-Collection-5-Games-Fast-Food-Magic

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Lego Racers, released on 31 July 1999, developed by High Voltage Studios. It was introduced to me around 8 years later as the first videogame I ever knew. Together with Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and Lego Rock Raiders later, these were the videogames I played in my early childhood.

Lego Racers on the Nintendo 64?

51 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

@Spider The first games I ever played were also on the Atari 2600. Did you have the one with the wood grain effect on the front? I wish companies still put as much effort into the look of modern consoles, that thing was beautiful. It was my grandparents who owned it and I think the first game I ever played was Space Invaders, released in 1980, the only other cartridge they owned was Superman.

ngbbs5312b56a0cabb-640x372.jpg

First game I ever owned was the Dizzy Collection on the Atari ST, which had a monitor, keyboard and used floppy disks.  5 games in 1 mainly based around puzzles/problem solving, I'm still really fond of those games even now.

Dizzy-Collection-5-Games-Fast-Food-Magic

Yes it was but that was my brothers, I ended up getting the new one later on, Dizzy Collection what a blast from the past I had these on the Amstrad CPC 464.

m2IGRQjMvw3lxVUfOvx5vFw.jpg hqdefault.jpg

I had both boxsets.

The first game I ever played was my older brothers and therefore i played for all of 25 seconds, not sure if a few of you remember this bad boy:

chuckie-egg1.gif

However, like Rissole, my first owned game was super mario bros on the NES and I still remember the excitement as the old man walked through the door with a fairly sizeable box: but it came with something very cool: 

453255_160314125137_Nes_console_rob.jpg

I actually bought an original NES back some years ago and stuck it in the loft. I dont care what anyone says Nintendo used to and still make the most fun games on the market, shame they couldn't capitalize properly on the success of the wii and lost ground to sony/m$ because of their more adult games.

2 minutes ago, Smok3y said:

Same, will buy all there consoles no matter how bad. really looking forward to breath of the wild.

Yeah really looking forward to that, I bought Twilight Princess HD for the Wii U back on release day just to fill the gap for a while.

Super Hang-on, it was a motorbike racing game that was built in to my Sega Master System. I was only 3 years old, the game was made in '87 and we got the console in '92. I thought it was decent fun but it wasn't until my Dad then got us the Sonic the Hedgehog games that I really got hooked on it. Then after a few weeks of that he managed to pick up a Mega Drive with a bunch of games really cheap and that took up a lot of mine and my brother's time :lol:

On 02/11/2016 at 10:50 AM, Smok3y said:

The first game I ever played was my older brothers and therefore i played for all of 25 seconds, not sure if a few of you remember this bad boy:

chuckie-egg1.gif

However, like Rissole, my first owned game was super mario bros on the NES and I still remember the excitement as the old man walked through the door with a fairly sizeable box: but it came with something very cool: 

453255_160314125137_Nes_console_rob.jpg

I actually bought an original NES back some years ago and stuck it in the loft. I dont care what anyone says Nintendo used to and still make the most fun games on the market, shame they couldn't capitalize properly on the success of the wii and lost ground to sony/m$ because of their more adult games.

I LOVED the NES. Still remember Duck Hunt with the laser gun, such an addictive game at the time and the Mario games are still the best.

• Moderators

I am not sure if it was my first game I ever played, but the earliest memory I have of playing a game is the glorious Mario Kart 64.

To this day I concider it to have the best tracks out of any Mario Kart.

Nice topic, @Spider.

On 1.11.2016 at 8:14 PM, anonymous said:

RCT 2 was and is top notch stuff. I recently bought the triple thrill pack on steam. ^^

Lego Rock Raiders I played as well and I absolutely loved it. The cut scenes made me giggle so much, but the level selection screen was so intimidating when you reached the higher level. (Or should I say lower level?) It also was a christmas present for me. Sadly I don't remember which christmas, but the case was also really cool since you could plug Legos at the side, if I recall corectly. :)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Lenne said:

I am not sure if it was my first game I ever played, but the earliest memory I have of playing a game is the glorious Mario Kart 64.

Nice topic, @Spider.

RCT 2 was and is top notch stuff. I recently bought the triple thrill pack on steam. ^^

Lego Rock Raiders I played as well and I absolutely loved it. The cut scenes made me giggle so much, but the level selection screen was so intimidating when you reached the higher level. (Or should I say lower level?) It also was a christmas present for me. Sadly I don't remember which christmas, but the case was also really cool since you could plug Legos at the side, if I recall corectly. :)

That last scene in which you had beat Rocket Racer. I was so happy! And about RTC2, never bought a DLC, but man I've played the shit out of that game. Unlike Lego Racers its a game without an end. I remember building Jurrasic Park in it. With the main building, car tours (on rails), boat tours and attractions between the dinosaur statues and forrests. Now I talk about it I feel like playing it again.

EDIT: Oh, I read it wrong. You said Rock Raiders instead of Lego Racers. Y'know I recently tried to play it again but apparently it was impossible to drive such old game on windows 10 :(

3 hours ago, Lenne said:

Nice topic, @Spider.

My favorite Mario Kart game :769:

• Tech Admin

This was the first ever home console I ever played.

94%7C000025b6a%7Cace3_pong.jpg

Followed by the trusted Atari posted above by @DaveLo07, my earliest recollection was pong and I can't recall playing many games on the Atari as it was the families and time was very limited on it (my dad limited us to about an 2 hours at the weekends only). However, my Spectrum was where I really fell in love with gaming, to many games to mention but Outrun, Jet Pac Willy, Yie Ar Kung Fu to name but a few.

1 hour ago, Hells Warrrior said:

This was the first ever home console I ever played.

94%7C000025b6a%7Cace3_pong.jpg

Followed by the trusted Atari posted above by @DaveLo07, my earliest recollection was pong and I can't recall playing many games on the Atari as it was the families and time was very limited on it (my dad limited us to about an 2 hours at the weekends only). However, my Spectrum was where I really fell in love with gaming, to many games to mention but Outrun, Jet Pac Willy, Yie Ar Kung Fu to name but a few.

Chucky Egg on the Spectrum?

• 1 month later...

Bar-table Pong.

Before the stand up arcade machines existed, Pong first came out in glass-topped tables for bars. Circa late 70's.

I loved Combat a lot, once arcade machines existed. Years before Atari had a home game system. The arcade game was awesome, unlike Combat for Atari. Cool biplane dogfights.

40 years later, playing bf1.

• 4 years later...

Archived