treyach made a mistake

SayGoldie

I don't know if Treyarch meant something else when making this der eisen drache achievement, but it seems like a mistake. have you ever upgraded all 4 bows in der eisendrache, and got an achievement? well that achievement is the "Der Meisterbogenschuetze". I don't exactly know what is meant by this, but in my eyes this is not correct. this can be made correct in many ways, but unfortunately the treyarch translation from English to german seems incorrect.

"Der" in this case means "the", "Meister" means "master", "bogen" means "arc/bow" and "schuetze" means "protect". if you separate the words in "der meisterbogenschuetze" to "der meister bogen schuetze", it means "the master archer". but they aren't separated, so its incorrect... in my eyes, a better name for this achievement would be "der meisterschütze bogenschütze", meaning "the marksman archer"... its also very catchy.... I'm not saying that my german is fluent, but I know enough of it to realise this mistake...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm suggesting better words... and you didn't put the right capital letters on "Der Meister bogen schütze". and you can separate the words, if you did it would mean "the marksman bow". which does make sense. (i'm English, half german) I'm half of the people I dislike. btw capital letters are a big thing in the German language....         and they say English people are stubborn.

On 9/25/2016 at 11:49 AM, RadZakpak said:

Yeah Treyarch's German is dodgy at times. Does anyone else remember the first promo art for DLC 1 where Der Eisendrache was named Der Eisendrachen?

You know, I wonder if people had not noticed it was incorrect, would Treyarch have corrected it? Would we actually have a map called Der Eisendrachen? I think the only time the words are spoken are by Dempsey in the Gameplay Trailer (you know, that one where he says Der EisendraHAA. I still don't know if his way is correct or not). I don't think they're ever seen in game either.

42 minutes ago, SayGoldie said:

I'm suggesting better words... and you didn't put the right capital letters on "Der Meister bogen schütze". and you can separate the words, if you did it would mean "the marksman bow". which does make sense. (i'm English, half german) I'm half of the people I dislike. btw capital letters are a big thing in the German language....         and they say English people are stubborn.

Nein - so wie du es übersetzen willst macht es keinen Sinn - der Meisterbogenschütze hingegen macht für jeden Sinn der deutsch spricht... wenn du die Wörter trennst und sie einzeln übersetzt ist es nicht mehr sinngemäß...ich weiß nicht wieso du mich in meiner Muttersprache korrigieren willst? 

Meisterbogenschütze ist ein Wort... Der Meisterschütze Bogenschütze würde kein Mensch sagen

36 minutes ago, Rissole25 said:

You know, I wonder if people had not noticed it was incorrect, would Treyarch have corrected it? Would we actually have a map called Der Eisendrachen? I think the only time the words are spoken are by Dempsey in the Gameplay Trailer (you know, that one where he says Der EisendraHAA. I still don't know if his way is correct or not). I don't think they're ever seen in game either.

are you the real rissole25? the aussie.... dude I love your content. I have a youtube channel, but I only have 144 subscribers...

5 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Nein - so wie du es übersetzen willst macht es keinen Sinn - der Meisterbogenschütze hingegen macht für jeden Sinn der deutsch spricht... wenn du die Wörter trennst und sie einzeln übersetzt ist es nicht mehr sinngemäß...ich weiß nicht wieso du mich in meiner Muttersprache korrigieren willst? 

Meisterbogenschütze ist ein Wort... Der Meisterschütze Bogenschütze würde kein Mensch sagen

Ich werde Sie nur Ihre eigene Meinung verlassen, weil es nervig ist . i don't like Germans, that much, anyway... they are so stubborn

1 minute ago, SayGoldie said:

Ich werde Sie nur Ihre eigene Meinung verlassen, weil es nervig ist . i don't like Germans, that much, anyway... they are so stubborn

Your German doesnt make sense again...You cannot Translate from english to german with Google... like your topic... I don't want To be harsh or something - your translation was just wrong - this time treyarch didnt make a mistake

2 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Your German doesnt make sense again...You cannot Translate from english to german with Google... like your topic... I don't want To be harsh or something - your translation was just wrong - this time treyarch didnt make a mistake

I don't use google translate. lol .. if I did, "because" would be "denn" and not "weil"

3 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

I stop To reply here ... and by the Way Thats wrong again... If you Translate “because“ To german with Google You get “weil“...

for example: ich mag Deutsch, weil es gut ist. "weil" makes the verb run a mile

example 2: ich mag Deutsch nicht, denn es ist nutzlos

Archived