CoDz Storybook (Updated 1/5)

RadZakpak

• Moderators

- Updated 1/5/2017: Added Chapter 11 to Book 2, slight wording changes to Chapter 10

Past updates:

Spoiler

- Updated 11/24/2016: Added Chapter 5 to Book 2

- Updated 11/26/2016: Added Chapter 6 to Book 2, made small changes to Chapter 5

- Updated 12/15/2016: Added Chapter 7 to Book 2

- Updated 12/18/2016: Added Chapter 8 to Book 2, changed outcome of mystery box to fit rest of story in Chapter 7, slight wording changes

- Updated 12/27/2016: Added Chapter 9 to Book 2

- Updated 12/29/2016: Added Chapter 10 to Book 2, slight wording changes to Chapter 9

- Updated 1/5/2017: Added Chapter 11 to Book 2, slight wording changes to Chapter 10

Link to Completed Book 1 Here

Link to WIP Book 2 Here

Link to WIP Tales from the Multiverse Here. Right now I've only started writing about the Nacht soldiers.

If you don't know, I am the author of the upcoming Storybook section of CoDz forum, found here: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/prologue-nacht/

If you don't know what this project is, it's a personal project retelling the zombies storyline in a narrative fashion with bits of artistic liberty taken to fill in gaps that may confuse people just jumping in on the story. The story is great as an entertaining refresher for zombies vets and as a tool for learning the storyline for those just getting into zombies lore. While I am the author of the project, I consider it a community project, and the story is meant to be changed over time. Especially since zombies is so special for its revelations through unsolved ciphers and the upcoming comics which may change what we thought was canon in the past.

I hope you guys enjoy it, and special thanks to InfestLithium and the rest of the CoDz team for allowing my project to be a part of the site.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, anonymous said:

Its awesome. Really great work, I enjoy reading it

Thank you!

Also, just my luck, the day I post this we discover a reel in Revelations that may change the story. For one thing it says Two-Six AND the handler, whom I named Dr. Schultz, were destroyed, so will have to update that. Also the reel is spoken by Sophia, who says during the test she was attacked, and she didn't tell Maxis until she later became sick, and from there Maxis presumably put her mind into SOPHIA, the robotic orb from GK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Just an update in case anyone is wondering. I am not abandoning this project and I have not made a ton of progress in a while, and I apologize for that. My first semester of college has been a whole series of ups and downs and is probably the busiest I've been, especially compared to the whole lot of nothing I was doing this Summer when I started this project. I've sort of fallen out off love with zombies in terms of gameplay, but I am still very passionate about this story and want to finish my retelling. As the semester is winding down, and as Winter Break approaches, I should be able to continue more where I left off in Book 2. The reason I haven't really written much even in my free time lately is I've just felt a bit uninspired in the dialogue department where the story is at now. But I am going to lay out a basic outline of where and what I want the characters to go and do in the upcoming chapters and that should help a ton in giving the story some direction. I plan for 5 books in total.

Book 1 deals with Group 935 and everything preceding Shi No Numa. Link to Completed Book 1 Here

Book 2 deals with Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai travelling through time and space from Shi No Numa all the way to Moon. Link to WIP Book 2 Here

Book 3 will deal with the TranZit crew, from their time before and during TranZit, Die Rise, Buried, and the comic series.

Book 4 will deal with Primis from their first meeting in Origins to the end of the cycle in Revelations.

Book 5 will be titled Tales from the Multiverse, a collection of smaller stories such as Shadows of Evil, Mob of the Dead, Call of the Dead, "Five", the Nacht soldiers, Nuketown, and really any other ideas I have for smaller stories. Link to WIP Book 5 Here. Right now I've only started writing about the Nacht soldiers.

So yeah, that's where I am right now. I should hopefully start writing again over Thanksgiving break, and then Winter break. Right now the main problem is coming up with inspired dialogue for our WaW crew that isn't cringey but still retains how comedic and absurd they are in-game. With an outline of where I want to go, I should hopefully be able to work the dialogue around that.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Just an update in case anyone is wondering. I am not abandoning this project and I have not made a ton of progress in a while, and I apologize for that. My first semester of college has been a whole series of ups and downs and is probably the busiest I've been, especially compared to the whole lot of nothing I was doing this Summer when I started this project. I've sort of fallen out off love with zombies in terms of gameplay, but I am still very passionate about this story and want to finish my retelling. As the semester is winding down, and as Winter Break approaches, I should be able to continue more where I left off in Book 2. The reason I haven't really written much even in my free time lately is I've just felt a bit uninspired in the dialogue department where the story is at now. But I am going to lay out a basic outline of where and what I want the characters to go and do in the upcoming chapters and that should help a ton in giving the story some direction. I plan for 5 books in total.

Book 1 deals with Group 935 and everything preceding Shi No Numa. Link to Completed Book 1 Here

Book 2 deals with Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai travelling through time and space from Shi No Numa all the way to Moon. Link to WIP Book 2 Here

Book 3 will deal with the TranZit crew, from their time before and during TranZit, Die Rise, Buried, and the comic series.

Book 4 will deal with Primis from their first meeting in Origins to the end of the cycle in Revelations.

Book 5 will be titled Tales from the Multiverse, a collection of smaller stories such as Shadows of Evil, Mob of the Dead, Call of the Dead, "Five", the Nacht soldiers, Nuketown, and really any other ideas I have for smaller stories. Link to WIP Book 5 Here. Right now I've only started writing about the Nacht soldiers.

So yeah, that's where I am right now. I should hopefully start writing again over Thanksgiving break, and then Winter break. Right now the main problem is coming up with inspired dialogue for our WaW crew that isn't cringey but still retains how comedic and absurd they are in-game. With an outline of where I want to go, I should hopefully be able to work the dialogue around that.

This is awesome, Rad. I really love the style its written in and the jokes. I mean, book 1 had some funny stuff in it too, but now with Nikolai, crazy Richthofen, Dempsey and Takeo, its even more funnier. Can't wait for the updates, but remember: Study always goes before CoDZ. We fully understand that. Love this story book, man. And if you lost interest in the gameplay, just play some Ascension and you might get it again.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, anonymous said:

This is awesome, Rad. I really love the style its written in and the jokes. I mean, book 1 had some funny stuff in it too, but now with Nikolai, crazy Richthofen, Dempsey and Takeo, its even more funnier. Can't wait for the updates, but remember: Study always goes before CoDZ. We fully understand that. Love this story book, man. And if you lost interest in the gameplay, just play some Ascension and you might get it again.

Thanks! I appreciate the support. Surprisingly the hardest character to write for is Richtofen, considering he doubles as a comedic, insane character and as the leader of the group who is supposed to push them forward.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RadZakpak said:

Thanks! I appreciate the support. Surprisingly the hardest character to write for is Richtofen, considering he doubles as a comedic, insane character and as the leader of the group who is supposed to push them forward.

I can imagine that. Talking about Richthofen, is the Illuminati included in the story? Its been a while since I've read book 1 and a few pages didnt load, but I can't remember something about Richthofens mysterious relation with them.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I can imagine that. Talking about Richthofen, is the Illuminati included in the story? Its been a while since I've read book 1 and a few pages didnt load, but I can't remember something about Richthofens mysterious relation with them.

I haven't brought them up at any point yet, as I just really couldn't think of a way to integrate them. But I may try to add that plot in at some point. Stuff like that I wish Treyarch didn't just abandon and explored more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I am pleased to announce that all chapters I have written are now up on the Storybook section of the site, found here: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/prologue-nacht/

Thanks again to InfestLithium and the rest of the CoDz team for allowing my work to be showcased here. I will continue to update chapters as they are written in both the storybook section and the pdfs linked above. If you notice any mistakes in both the writing and how the pages are set up on the storybook section, let me know!

Now, I'm going to have to go dark for about 2 weeks due to finals, then after that I will begin writing again. Thanks for the support, everyone!

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

I am pleased to announce that all chapters I have written are now up on the Storybook section of the site, found here: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/story/prologue-nacht/

Thanks again to InfestLithium and the rest of the CoDz team for allowing my work to be showcased here. I will continue to update chapters as they are written in both the storybook section and the pdfs linked above. If you notice any mistakes in both the writing and how the pages are set up on the storybook section, let me know!

Now, I'm going to have to go dark for about 2 weeks due to finals, then after that I will begin writing again. Thanks for the support, everyone!

It looks awesome. Great luck with your finals. And if you fail them, you can always become professional writer :P

Archived