Gorod Krovi, how did we like it guys and gals?

Rissole25

Just like my topic about Zetsubou, I thought I'd ask the same question about Gorod Krovi (though I should've done it earlier).

I think my favourite part of this map is the layout. I absolutely loved it and it really felt like something from BO1 or even WaW. It kinda felt like Kino 2.0, just a big square that looped around everywhere.

The Black Market weapons are such a great addition that I wish they had been in more maps. The FFAR (the FAMAS from Black Ops 1) is amazing. Absolutely love it, and it's kinda funny comparing it to its counterpart. The L4 Siege is also a great addition. I've always wanted multiple explosive weapons in the box. BO3 only had the XM, but with this, it brings it up to two, and it is so much better than the BO2 War Machine or BO1 China Lake. And than of course the Shadowclaws, a really enjoyable weapon that makes you feel godly when you get multiple headshots in a row. Plus, it's pretty much the Ballistic Knife but so much better with it's reviving. The Siege and Shadowclaws definitely need to be added to every map along with the Marshals. The Time Attack and Melee rewards was also a nice unique touch.

My only cons include the egg, it is one of the more difficult eggs (and not because it needs 4 players, it's actually very difficult). The Hatchery/Lockdown not being it's own sub-map/mode. Manglers and Valkyries can be very annoying especially on later rounds.
Oh and Nikolai. I felt he didn't really get any character development, at least not the same as Takeo. And I hate they ended his cutscene with pretty much a teaser for Revelations. Okay we just got this map, lets forget about it and move onto Revelations.

But all in all, a very enjoyable map. What did you all think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Rissole25 said:

Just like my topic about Zetsubou, I thought I'd ask the same question about Gorod Krovi (though I should've done it earlier).

I think my favourite part of this map is the layout. I absolutely loved it and it really felt like something from BO1 or even WaW. It kinda felt like Kino 2.0, just a big square that looped around everywhere.

The Black Market weapons are such a great addition that I wish they had been in more maps. The FFAR (the FAMAS from Black Ops 1) is amazing. Absolutely love it, and it's kinda funny comparing it to its counterpart. The L4 Siege is also a great addition. I've always wanted multiple explosive weapons in the box. BO3 only had the XM, but with this, it brings it up to two, and it is so much better than the BO2 War Machine or BO1 China Lake. And than of course the Shadowclaws, a really enjoyable weapon that makes you feel godly when you get multiple headshots in a row. Plus, it's pretty much the Ballistic Knife but so much better with it's reviving. The Siege and Shadowclaws definitely need to be added to every map along with the Marshals. The Time Attack and Melee rewards was also a nice unique touch.

My only cons include the egg, it is one of the more difficult eggs (and not because it needs 4 players, it's actually very difficult). The Hatchery/Lockdown not being it's own sub-map/mode. Manglers and Valkyries can be very annoying especially on later rounds.
Oh and Nikolai. I felt he didn't really get any character development, at least not the same as Takeo. And I hate they ended his cutscene with pretty much a teaser for Revelations. Okay we just got this map, lets forget about it and move onto Revelations.

But all in all, a very enjoyable map. What did you all think?

At first when it launched on the PS4, I never really liked it as I admit now I never really played it to give it a chance, Once the Xbox One had it I give it another chance and now I love it.

The feel of the map is brilliant, like a classic map to me, it's a simple set up compared to ZNS and SOE.

The WW's are easy to get and I love the return of the PPSH, in all the weapons are brilliant I love the FFAR and GKZ-45 Mk3.

Now this is my second favorite map to the The Giant on BO3 Zombies.

I enjoyed it. I went dark on the entire map this time around, and was pleasantly surprised to find my old friend, the PPSh back from the grave. Other than that, I found the GKZ-45 Mk3 a useful weapon. OP. But useful.

The Easter Egg wasn't that great. I still haven't finished it, but I've been told I am very close. The steps aren't that enjoyable and seem like a game of guessing than actually solving clues. I definitely prefer Zetsubou No Shima's Easter Egg to Gorod Krovi's.

In regards to the layout, it was nice to see a change back to an almost World at War-esque design. It's a challenge to get around to revive people, but once you know the in's and out's it becomes easier. 

It isn't my favourite map. But it's decent. I can't wait to see what Revelations brings us.

• 6 months later...

I need to play GK more. My highest round is only 20 and I do not have the layout down in my head yet. The map looks beautiful. It is just kind of a frustrating maze to learn. Doing the pods solo is horrid. Seems like if you don't have staminup and all doors open you will fail. Maybe that is because I don't know the layout yet. 

The Valkyries are a major negative for me. In no way do they fit into the theme of the map or the story or the time period. I know zombies has some advanced tech in it but levitating AI robots?! They belong in Star Wars, Terminator, or the Matrix, NOT Soviet Russia. Would not baby dragons have been so much better? There was already a dragon theme, and you could unlock one that sits on your wrist. The map was screaming for a dragon wave, not a Valkyrie one. ZNS did such a fantastic job at making the dog replacement fit the map with the spiders. _End Rant_

But I do like the map, it is just underrated in my head. 

• 5 months later...

Archived