To The Max-is

Syphillis

Maxis Maxis Maxis, tricky fellow him, but I'll give you what I know. 

When Maxis arrived in the house Monty had to craft him a body. At the time, he was just a brain inside of a little quad copter, not exactly the best form to look after children is it? No, course not. So Monty crafted him a nice new body to sit in while the origins four did their thing out in the multiverse. Little issue though. Monty only got a brain, sure it had all of the memories and intelligence and drive of maxis, but it didn't have the important bits. Didn't have the soul. 

Fast forward a bit and that lack of a soul comes in to quite a big play. You'll see youtubers like Waffles claim that the Shadowman switched places with Maxis, don't listen to them. The Summoning key only works on souls. As in thats all it can store, it can summon whatever the hell it likes. How do we know this? Well, why aren't any of the sacrifices from Shadows of Evil in the key? Quite simply because their souls were transmuted into the form of gateworms (sucky fate that) and their blood was used as the natural energy to power the transformation. The summoning key only uses a body as a means of energy. So, what happened to Maxis then? He released the soul of the Shadowman, silly thing to do really. Bit of a problem for old squid face though, he didn't have a body! Good thing there was one right there, ready to be provided, almost willingly. So, the Shadowman did what he does, he cannibalised Maxis. Killed him and used the energy to reconstruct a body all of his own. 

And that, my friends, is what we call taking it to the Max-is.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your posts, I do. But you need to label theories as theories. Someone who doesn't know a lot about the storyline might see an unlabeled theory and assume it is fact. From there it just snowballs until the community ends up like the subreddit.

Besides that, I have some points to bring up:

22 minutes ago, Syphillis said:

When Maxis arrived in the house Monty had to craft him a body. At the time, he was just a brain inside of a little quad copter, not exactly the best form to look after children is it? No, course not. So Monty crafted him a nice new body to sit in while the origins four did their thing out in the multiverse. Little issue though. Monty only got a brain, sure it had all of the memories and intelligence and drive of maxis, but it didn't have the important bits. Didn't have the soul. 

This is theory. We do not know for sure that Monty gave Maxis a body. You have to remember that Maxis and Monty have both spent large amounts of time outside the dimension that we know, and could have undergone changes in many inexplicable ways.

When they speak of the souls, they are speaking of the children. The pure essence of what these people would be like without all the experiences and circumstances they have been through. That brain, if alive (which it was/is), did have a soul. Hell, even the zombies have souls! The point is, they never secured another copy of his soul to live on with the children.

27 minutes ago, Syphillis said:

Fast forward a bit and that lack of a soul comes in to quite a big play. You'll see youtubers like Waffles claim that the Shadowman switched places with Maxis, don't listen to them. The Summoning key only works on souls. As in thats all it can store, it can summon whatever the hell it likes. How do we know this? Well, why aren't any of the sacrifices from Shadows of Evil in the key? Quite simply because their souls were transmuted into the form of gateworms (sucky fate that) and their blood was used as the natural energy to power the transformation. The summoning key only uses a body as a means of energy.

Alright, this is pure speculation. The Summoning Key is literally the most powerful artifact in not just all universes, but all dimensions! It is powerful because its primary function is the transferal of life forces between dimensions, whether that be the Aether and Earth, or two different Earths, it can do it. To say it "only works on souls" is absurd. It has many functions and uses, many of which we will probably never know.

And also, I would like to point out that the Shadow Man's sacrifice also spawned a Gateworm, and a rather large one at that.

34 minutes ago, Syphillis said:

So, what happened to Maxis then? He released the soul of the Shadowman, silly thing to do really. Bit of a problem for old squid face though, he didn't have a body! Good thing there was one right there, ready to be provided, almost willingly. So, the Shadowman did what he does, he cannibalised Maxis. Killed him and used the energy to reconstruct a body all of his own. 

Cannibalizing Maxis? Pure speculation. We will learn the fate of Maxis in character quotes in Revelations.

@Syphillis

Something I wanted to point out. The inhabitants of the house didn't just come from the Origins universe. After all, which universe is Samantha from? The only possible choice is the rebooted one of The Giant.* However, Maxis was with her. So there. Monty didn't have to craft a body, he just used that one. How is it soulless? And why does a brain not contain a soul? Because of some deus ex machina all split universe clones share the same soul or lack thereof or whatever Monty tells us.

*unless you theorize that the people on Moon survived.

I think the mention of Maxis not having a soul perhaps correlates to the fact that the Shadowman was able to conjure up some of his magic, contact Maxis, and perhaps even possess him through the barriers of the Summoning Key into letting his soul out. This only worked because Maxis was missing a soul to begin with. It makes sense when you think about it as the SoE crew seemed to all have sinful "weak" souls that could easily be manipulated by the Shadowman's Apothican Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

Sorry, I was very drunk when writing this last night. I mean I stand by the things I say in it, but it definitely should have been marked as a theory. Is there a way I can change the title?

Lets reply to some people!

@

"This is theory. We do not know for sure that Monty gave Maxis a body. You have to remember that Maxis and Monty have both spent large amounts of time outside the dimension that we know, and could have undergone changes in many inexplicable ways. "

You're right, we don't know that Monty gave Maxis his current body, but it's implied. In the trailer Monty very explicitly states that "all I got was a brain". As I've mentioned before, that means upon entering the R-Verse (What I will be calling the Revelations Universe for ease of speed) he was still a quad-rotor brain. Of course, he could have been drifting through the multiverse before he got there in that form, but what we know for absolutely certain is that Maxis arrived there as a brain and that Monty was the one to receive him there. Once again, no you're right, we don't 100% know that Monty gave maxis his body, but considering he is the all powerful being in the house I struggle to think of another option. 

" whether that be the Aether and Earth, or two different Earths, it can do it. To say it "only works on souls" is absurd. It has many functions and uses, many of which we will probably never know.

Once again yes, I am speculating here and on further reflection I might be completely wrong. On DE we see the summoning key lock the main 4 in place and we see the key assist in summoning the sacrifices on Shadows. I do want to say that it can probably only contain souls though. Whilst it can interact with physical objects every time we've seen it absorb a full body that body has been reduced to mush in order to summon something else. It really does seem to use human bodies, the life energy within them, as an energy source. But yes, I concede, I may be completely wrong. 

" And also, I would like to point out that the Shadow Man's sacrifice also spawned a Gateworm, and a rather large one at that. "

The Shadowman is literally an embodiment of Nyarlathotep though. An extremely powerful Outer-God that can do pretty much anything he wants. Yes, the summoning key is powerful. But, as we see in the Revelations Prologue, so is the Shadowman. Somehow, I doubt his physical manifestation being thwarted would be the biggest issue for him. Once again, speculation I know. 

" Cannibalizing Maxis? Pure speculation. We will learn the fate of Maxis in character quotes in Revelations. "

May when I say cannibalizing I used the wrong term. That Maxis in the house does not contain a soul, yes it's a living breathing human but his soul is still out there somewhere in the multiverse. What I see in the Prologue is the Shadowman launching itself from the Summoning Key and forcing itself inside of Maxis' body. It then converts that body into the form we see in Shadows of Evil. Why do I say this? Speculation backed up by visuals. To me it looks as if the energy flows out of the key, impacts Maxis' body and then sort of flows around him. I dont think anything was absorbed by the key in this instance. Once again, may be wrong. 

I wont quote any of yours because I'm basically replying to the whole thing. So, by the pseudo-science used in the Zombies Multiverse we can assume that souls aren't as simple as we believe them to be in our universe, if you hold such a belief. In the Zombies multiverse, at least after it was all splintered and cracked in ways it shouldn't have been, it seems that the immortal soul of a being is only held within one specific version of yourself. That's why we had to go to specific universes at specific times to be able to capture the souls. These are the places the souls exist and within those specific variations of those people. We do not know where Maxis' soul is, only that the brain of maxis did not contain it. As for Samantha, honestly I'm not sure. She was already in the house by the end of Origins so we have to assume that for some reason she's just already there. I mean, the whole point of BO2 is that Maxis is trying to get to Agartha to save Samantha. In fact, in BO2 Richtofen says that Samantha would still be in his body so we know that it's in the same universe as the events of BO1. It's stumping me as well, but I dont really see it as a flaw in the theory I presented here. 

Yeah you've pretty much got it. In my drunken stupor I was trying to explain that there was this big soul shaped hole in this version of Maxis and the Shadowman essentially sat himself in it and took the body for his own. 

I will be willing to field more criticism or questions regarding this theory in this thread!

Hm, that's an interesting idea about there being splintered versions but one soul. I'd accept that idea on one condition. Richtofen hinted at his quest to get their soul.s He hinted that he has tried and failed several times. This would imply that your idea doesn't work. However, one way to resolve this is to suppose that if the body with the soul dies, the soul goes to the body in another splintered reality.

Someone may have already mentioned this but, someone in a few of the posts up above were talking about certain people being weak and succeptible to the Shadowman's influence.  Well, I was thinking and the "versions" of our 4 main characters that our current characters went back to retrieve souls from seemed to me like they would HAVE to be the WEAKEST version of all the characters out there in the multiverse. Sooo...  Maybe thats why they needed to collect those souls to get those versions out of the way so the shadowman couldnt do to them what he did to Maxis??  Maybe??  Just a thought, I could be way off but...

16 hours ago, Syphillis said:

That Maxis in the house does not contain a soul, yes it's a living breathing human but his soul is still out there somewhere in the multiverse. What I see in the Prologue is the Shadowman launching itself from the Summoning Key and forcing itself inside of Maxis' body. It then converts that body into the form we see in Shadows of Evil. Why do I say this? Speculation backed up by visuals. To me it looks as if the energy flows out of the key, impacts Maxis' body and then sort of flows around him. I dont think anything was absorbed by the key in this instance. Once again, may be wrong. 

You see, souls are a very interesting thing is Zombies lore. Every (and I do mean every) living thing has a soul. Zombies have souls, rats have souls, humans have souls, every living thing. Maxis has to have a soul, or he is merely an illusion and not real in any way, shape, or form. What Monty was meaning when he said "He hasn't got his soul yet", was that they have not secured a soul of Maxis to live on as one of the children. We see that all four characters, Samantha, and Monty* (yes, also Monty) have child versions created from the souls they collected. No Maxis.

(Beginning speculation and theory) He wants his soul to see a better tomorrow, but knows that wasn't part of the plan. So, he very much wants to use the Summoning Key to collect his soul. Because of his desire for the Key, the Shadowman chose him as his target to manipulate. I don't know what became of Maxis' body, but I suspect we will find out of his fate in Revelations.

*We see a small, child-sized hand with fingerless gloves and a plaid jacket push open the door.

12 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

Hm, that's an interesting idea about there being splintered versions but one soul. I'd accept that idea on one condition. Richtofen hinted at his quest to get their soul.s He hinted that he has tried and failed several times. This would imply that your idea doesn't work. However, one way to resolve this is to suppose that if the body with the soul dies, the soul goes to the body in another splintered reality.

You see, that's the thing. The souls are all the same across every version of each character. In the words of Monty, "You are all still you". But they weren't going to these specific versions for the souls. We were going to kill them, and if done at the right place and time, it would cause a chain-reaction across all multiverses erasing all versions of those characters. Because of that, they collected the souls at that moment because that was the last chance to do so. I go more in-depth on this concept towards the end of this post.

@Sinspawn32 This is also a response to your comment.

Archived