Which game have you bought most recently?

Lenne

• Moderators

Hello friends, it is that time of the year in which I am actually starting a topic again can you believe it?

So as you all know this is a forum dedicated to a single game mode of a sub franchise of a single game, but I know that there are at least a couple of you, who actually play other games as well. :P

Since I did something rather unusual yesterday... something of which my teenage self would be so insanely jealous, I thought I could start this topic. I bought three games yesterday which would be:

Uncharted 4, Battlefront and Doom all for the PS4 I got all three of those for 79 euros at my store. They had that as an offer.

Uncharted 4 I picked because I loved the first one, and this one looks amazing as well although the gameplay still seems to be stuck in 2007. I never played 2 and 3 though and sadly I couldn't find the Nathan Drake collection so I have to go elsewhere next week or so before playing 4.

Doom because it looks cool as hell and it is from the same guys who made my Goty 2014 Wolfenstein The New Order so I simply couldn't go wrong with that.

Battlefront because as a Star Wars fan I simply had to try it out and let me tell you if you are a Star Wars fan you have to at least rent this game once, because there is so much attention to detail here from DICE you are going to feel amazed by it. Sadly I suck at PvP thanks to the holes in my brain, but I can still play against Bots offline. hehe

Oh yeah Battlefront is the only game I tried so far, cause I am not at my own place right now.

So what game(s) have you bought recently and why?

If you want you can give your first impressions as well, but if you want to go into more details, then just look if a topic for your game is available or create a new one.

Happy gaming, friends. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Star ocean 5:i loved the star ocean series from beginning....so i waited years for news of a new game...now i got it and  i did the first playthrough... the story is so flat that i didnt did a second one (higher difficulty) battle system ok

Final fantasy 15: ...love the story played all since 7...no more to say 

Hey Lenne. Great deal you got there (if I'm calculating euros to dollars in my head correctly)

At the most recent Steam sale, I actually bought something as well. I bought the entire Borderlands franchise for myself and a friend, and we're going to play through them all. It was about $80 for the entire franchise, DLC and all, for the both of us. So I think it was a good deal. I also bought the Stanley Parable and Undertale, because I love those games but never actually bought them. Now I have and showed my support for them.

• Moderators

Bought Overwatch at launch and I don't think I've bought anything else since. I'm not as into playing games as I used to be, but Overwatch has really grabbed me. It's a new obsession for me.

I mean I barely play zombies any more unless a new map comes out. I'm mostly into the story side of things now.

• Moderators
Just now, Blurryface said:

I just recently bought Life Is Strange. Really enjoying the game so far and it reminds me of my favourite all time playstation game, Heavy Rain. I would reccommend it if you are into games with good story and have the choice to alter the story each playthrough. :)

Definitely a great game, even if the ending wasn't all that satisfying. It's a fun ride.

I recently bought The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim as @Blurryface suggested it for the multiplayer mod, we haven't had much luck with the game yet in the mod area but i'm happy to have it to replay through it and take me back to the Xbox 360 and the PS3 when I had one, also after completion I might muck about with some mods you never know ;)   

@RadZakpakYup and you don't need to buy or even play Zombies to know the story anymore. Just Youtube.

@BlurryfaceLife is Strange is AWESOME. Great, emotional story. I thought the endings were good in my opinion. Tough to choose though.

@Lord HalSkyrim has a multiplayer mod? That actually works? I'm a Fallout fan and the only time a multiplayer mod was tried, it was so buggy to be unusable most of the time.

You've reminded me of how frugal I am with my money-- I haven't bought a new game since Persona 4 Golden back in February.

That game is god tier, by the way. Easily in my top 5. The characters are so relatable and fun, and a lot of that has to do with the way the game is structured. Sorta a life simulator with turn based dungeon crawling sections. Definitely recommend it if you have a PS Vita or PSTV (costs only like $40), or alternatively buying the original P4 off the PS3's store.

I think I also got the Mass Effect Trilogy and Metal Gear Rising for my birthday if those count... MGR actually kinda sucked, and I can't keep my attention on ME1. Not gonna give up on it until I at least try ME2, though.

On 7-8-2016 at 10:47 PM, Lenne said:

Hello friends, it is that time of the year in which I am actually starting a topic again can you believe it?

Who is this? Please give Lenne back his account. kthx.

On 8-8-2016 at 6:27 AM, ZombieOfTheDead said:

and I can't keep my attention on ME1.

You obviously haven't made it to the threesome part yet. ;-)

Ly4NZ1M.jpg

But in all seriousness, the combat can be really off-putting in 1. Story definitely picks up towards the end (if you actually make it, the first playthrough I had the misfortune of visiting Noveria first.)

ME2's combat on the other hand is amazing

Spoiler

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Battlefield is top notch folks.

@Spider do you even have the time to play all those games? :P

I also recently bought the Bioshock collection... forgot to mention that.

No not really lol, But I've managed to finish Mafia 3 story and the MWR Veteran Campaign

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators
12 hours ago, The Meh said:

Man, if we're talking about Soundtracks, I may as well have an excuse to talk about the Rise of Iron soundtrack for Destiny...

For the case of the game question regarding the main OP post... I've got plans to buy Overwatch soon, in any case. Last game I bought had to have been Skyrim Remastered/IW+MWR... at Thanksgiving... jesus christ I need money

Have you played Skyrim when it originally came out? If so: Have you noticed an improvement in the look/framerate/anything? Cause truth be told with those remastered games from the last to current gen I can never really tell a real improvement that makes me go "wow".

A bit off topic but they added new guns to MWR this week... Activision man... gotta love em, but at least you don't have to rely on the boxes to get you the weapons.

Another thing I bought the legacy edition for full price, the next week it came out and a couple of weeks later I see it dropped from 90 € to 50. ;_;

9 hours ago, Tattoo247 said:

Resident Evil 7, I was actually impressed with it.

Ratchet and Clank remaster, was also great.

Arc, not my favorite game, extremely buggy and was not formatted well for console.

And if Neverwinter counts then that's what I've been playing lately to tide me over until Tekken 7 comes out.

RE7 is also something I just have to try, but I am too big of a pansy to play it alone. haha

I also have seen Arc on the PSN Store... gotta love these early access games... :confused48:

Thanks for popping in gents. <3

Archived