Bloodborne

jiipee95

So I just got Bloodborne... And I kinda like it but the difficulty just makes it a bit frustrating. Yes I know it's the point of the game to be hard, but IMO it throws the new players of the genre into too much from the beginning... I have reached the second lanter (checkpoint) and I'm completely stuck. What I learned is to grind the easy enemies for blood to purchase better armor and items... But there's not much to buy atm. Also if you die, you lose all the blood you collected as well as all the items you have used. Which kinda makes the game grinding for items, then trying to actually get further, failing to do so, repeat.

The game can be hard, but it could be a bit more new user friendly as I'm constantly failing (also learning in the progress), but I have played the same ****ing spot for like 25 times already, losing to the most basic enemies the game has. Idk...

Have you played Bloodborne? What do you think about it? Any tips for beginners?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just need to get into the rhythm of things. Once you do, it isn't that hard on the canon fodder enemies. Just dodge, and try to be aggressive when it comes to certain enemies. What really sucks is the boss fights since you have to run past everything when you die, making things needlessly tedious.

I like Bloodborne for the most part, but it has a lot of shortcomings that hold it back. A lot of it is the artificial difficulty (like running back when dying to bosses). It's combat feels really great, though (my second favorite combat system in a game), and the aesthetic and minimal storyline is pretty damn cool. Generally speaking, I'd give it an 8.5/10 or so.

I haven't played Bloodborne in a long time now, but when I first got it I was also stuck for about a month. When I went back to the game, I was able to progress and get to the Cleric Beast boss.

I haven't finished the game, but the only advice I can really give is to pay close attention to an enemy's moves. How quick they attack, and how many attacks do they perform at once? etc. And never go in for too many hits. This can be a fatal mistake. Attack 2 or 3 times but no more, and pay attention to your stamina too. Make sure you're always dodging and sidestepping as well.

Anyway, good luck with the game! I had a very challenging, memorable experience with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

On 3.8.2016 at 7:43 AM, ZombieOfTheDead said:

You just need to get into the rhythm of things. Once you do, it isn't that hard on the canon fodder enemies. Just dodge, and try to be aggressive when it comes to certain enemies. What really sucks is the boss fights since you have to run past everything when you die, making things needlessly tedious.

I like Bloodborne for the most part, but it has a lot of shortcomings that hold it back. A lot of it is the artificial difficulty (like running back when dying to bosses). It's combat feels really great, though (my second favorite combat system in a game), and the aesthetic and minimal storyline is pretty damn cool. Generally speaking, I'd give it an 8.5/10 or so.

Yeah I agree it would be nice to have checkpoints just before bosses. Pretty much because you'll never be able to beat them on your first try. You have to know their move sets (which also happens to change once their health drops).

22 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

I haven't played Bloodborne in a long time now, but when I first got it I was also stuck for about a month. When I went back to the game, I was able to progress and get to the Cleric Beast boss.

I haven't finished the game, but the only advice I can really give is to pay close attention to an enemy's moves. How quick they attack, and how many attacks do they perform at once? etc. And never go in for too many hits. This can be a fatal mistake. Attack 2 or 3 times but no more, and pay attention to your stamina too. Make sure you're always dodging and sidestepping as well.

Anyway, good luck with the game! I had a very challenging, memorable experience with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

I have already figured out how important dodging is. Usually when I play games it allows you to be "overpowered" and you can easily fight large group of enemies. But this is not the case with Bloodborne. You pretty much have advantage in 1 vs 1 combat, but larger groups make things difficult. I also like how the game punishes you for your mistakes and still manages to feel fair. Also knowing your enemy is a huge part of the game.

One thing I like about the game is those messages you can leave and read. They help out a lot and can save you from running into an ambush. Considering that certain enemies deal a lot of damage it's nice to know what's a head. Also I would have missed a few items I think if it wasn't for the messages.

22 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

One thing I like about the game is those messages you can leave and read. They help out a lot and can save you from running into an ambush. Considering that certain enemies deal a lot of damage it's nice to know what's a head. Also I would have missed a few items I think if it wasn't for the messages.

Yeah, the messages can be quite helpful. But you should also be careful as some of them are trolls that can often lead to your death.

• Moderators

I really love this game the lore, the setting, the world, the combat and not to mention that amazing feeling when you finally beat a boss you've been stuck on.

You are right Bloodborne or any souls game doesn't really hold your hand, but I rather take that another game that holds your hand and basically plays itself all the way through, cause let's be honest in recent years there have been so many of those. So some challenging games are a change which I welcome. Of course not too often cause I wanna keep that bit of sanity I still have. haha

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived