Hello great people!

oxin8

You might have seen me around already but introduction threads are always nice. So I guess I should give my zombies background. My first map was Ascension at a friend's house and I'm pretty sure we never hit round 15 and probably only saw half the map(I revisited it recently and hit 15 solo and did see the whole map, lol). I really just had one weekend with Ascension and then bought BO2 with the Season Pass. For whatever reason, I didn't really play Buried or Origins but I loved me some Tranzit and Nuketown. I think it was when I looked up how to play Tranzit that I came across my first EE obsession: Bus Route B. I feel like I've looked into that more than most and due to a recent convo with @WaterKH, I'm pretty sure they probably had a Route B at some point and then scrapped it so i was finally able to put that to bed.

From there I was pretty much hooked on the whole EE thing but I don't have the skill/time to really find anything. I'm a software developer(C# mostly) so I can program whatever I want and I eventually realized I could probably tackle some ciphers. ADFGX came to my attention and I figured that would be a good start. In case it wasn't obvious, I wanted to brute force the thing and after a few attempts, I switched to doing a dictionary attack. The best way to do that would be a wordlist of Zombies related words and when requesting that over at the subreddit, I believe @Tac pointed me over to the Everything post over here. I got great info compared to anywhere else but I wasn't planning on being a regular. Around then, @certainpersonio hooked me up with @WaterKH since he was doing something similar. We did a little meet and greet and I quickly decided I wasn't gonna work on some random guy's Java program, lol. We kept chatting and sharing ideas and really just became good friends. After a few less than enjoyable experiences over at the subreddit, he kept pointing me towards this community and eventually I started chiming in about GK ciphers here. Someone posted the video with all the ciphers out of the map and I decided to tackle what I thought was the easiest, the Roman Numeral cipher. I knew other people would get it so I pretty much raced the clock and managed to finally get my name attached to a solved cipher. Then I noticed the ridiculous MASM scrap paper cipher and was trying to point out that it was not going to be fun for whoever. Little did I know, @WaterKH was working on it with @Tac, @NaBrZHunter, and @Lizizadolphin. @WaterKH invited me to the skype call and I was able to get into the last 4(?) hours of chaos that ensued. Transcribing that thing was awful and we all started to go a little crazy and it was such a great time. I think 5 ciphers had been solved in the last 12 hours or something ridiculous. Maybe DLC4 will yield a similarly fun evening :)

So I started on the ADFGX cipher and have code that works great at producing solutions with words in them and I can even force words but I still just need some really good guesses at this point so I've moved on to other stuff for the time being. I wrote code to simulate the enigma machine for the cipher in TG but again, that's a guessing game. I've been coding yesterday for columnar transposition for the GK typewriter cipher but with assuming it's double enciphered, I woke up to a 6 GB file that I was never going to be able to finish looking through and the program was only about 1/400th of the way through. I've also been trying to get into the derriese server in the BO1 terminal since it might be the most straightforward thing for me to work on.

That said, if anyone needs data generated for ciphers that would suck to do by hand, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do. I look forward to continue hanging out with this great group of people and slowly squashing all the unsolved EE's/ciphers.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Hi {username},

Thank you for the introduction, don't forget to request your introduction medal in the introduction forum or by using the contact us form (found under help). We hope you find the forum a friendly and fun place. If you have evidence of achieving the requirements for other medals that are available, please let us know.

Remember to have a look at the Code of Conduct and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Also have a look at the Formatting 201 topic on how to use the reply editor functions.

• Have a twitch accounttrue Why not add your own stream
  • Fancy a shot of a few games in the arcade, see if you can get a high score
  • Want to give us your own zombie storyfalse
  • Do you have a theory on the zombie game mode, where have we been, where are we going3
  • Have a look at the community center

Have fun, enjoy and don't be afraid to jump into any conversation. If something is posted in the wrong area then someone will let you know and explain what section it should go too, also remember to use the search function before posting, it may have already been posted elsewhere ;)

So who are the staff? Have a look here

All the best, the CoDz's forum team.

Welcome aboard! Glad we saved another person from the CODz Reddit! (: I appreciate the kind words as well! This community is probably one of the best, if not the best, with all the friendly people and people who know their storylines and ciphers/ codes.

Again, welcome! And I hope you enjoy it!

Archived