Time between Kino and Ascension

RadZakpak

• Administrators
11 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

So basically his plan was to get back to Griffin Station and enter the MPD as planned, but upon realizing in Ascension that Sam was inside, he knew he had to take a detour to find the items and switch bodies with her if he was going to enter the MPD now. Becuase if we think about it, the Vril Devices and Focusing Stone help Richtofen switch bodies, not necessarily enter the MPD. Entering it was so easy apparently that Samantha did it on accident.

This is the closest idea that I can stand behind. I'm sure that word had to somehow get to him that Samantha was in the MPD...either that, or hearing Gersch say "she's coming" at the start of Ascension and further EE in that map helped Richtofen come to that realization.

Now how he decided to collected the important tools to access the pyramid in that split time is a totally other story, unless he already had that general idea in the first place. But it just re-iterates my point a bit.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

But did Richthofen not know earlier that Samantha went into the MPD? In a radio on Moon you can hear dr. Maxis being brought to the MPD in order of Richthofen to talk Samantha out of it. So he knew already that Samantha was inside. Maybe he just did not know the MPD was a gateway to the Aether, and that's why he wonders where Samantha disappeared to and why he hears her launching and playing games.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, anonymous said:

But did Richthofen not know earlier that Samantha went into the MPD? In a radio on Moon you can hear dr. Maxis being brought to the MPD in order of Richthofen to talk Samantha out of it. So he knew already that Samantha was inside. Maybe he just did not know the MPD was a gateway to the Aether, and that's why he wonders where Samantha disappeared to and why he hears her launching and playing games.

You are right, I forgot about this.

• Moderators

It might be possible, however, that Richthofen did not really knew about the power that lays in the MPD. I mean, he does say in a certain radio that he has discovered another dimension, but he might not know that being in the Aether is so powerful. Maybe he just wanted the MPD and Aether to investigate, but when hearing Sam laughing at him during the previous maps, seeing a teddy bear in a magical box (which is clearly a mocking message from Samantha to Richthofen), noticing how she sends Fluffy's little dogs to him and possible even notices that she controls the undead, Richthofen sees what power lays in the MPD. During Ascension he might get an idea of how to replace Samantha in the MPD...

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

Not sure if it helps or not but in Kino, Richtofen does mention "A gift from Sam...but why!?" when getting a power-up. Except that I think they even stupidly retconned that to being Monty.

That's interesting. So in Kino he definitely knew that Sam was in the Aether. I was never sure if it was truly Samantha giving the powerups in WaW and BO1. Maybe it is Monty, but if it really is Samantha, does that mean that Monty controls the zombies in at least Gorod Krovi and Revelations? That seems weird to me.

To stay on topic: If Richthofen knew from Samantha in the Aether via entering the MPD in Kino already, that loading screen radio is really outplaced. Could it be that that radio and the one in Shi No Numa are messed up? I mean, in Shi No Numa you hear a radio hinting at the teleportation from Der Riese to Kino. And it could be that Richthofen in Shi No Numa did not knew yet that Sam was in Aetherial control, only after seeing Samanthas magic toybox and the power ups. (So the Kino radio is about Richthofen in Shi No Numa).

@anonymous @Rissole25 I think it's definitely Sam giving us the powerups in Kino whilst she's trapped in the Aether.

Let's not assume that Monty is controlling the Zombies just because he's in the Aether. There have always been multiple people in the Aether; see Gersch in Ascension. Or Maxis pre-Buried. And Maxis told us pretty clearly that you need control of the Aether's energy to control the Zombies.

His cut announcer quotes also hint towards him not being in control of the Zombies.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Slade said:

@anonymous @Rissole25 I think it's definitely Sam giving us the powerups in Kino whilst she's trapped in the Aether.

Let's not assume that Monty is controlling the Zombies just because he's in the Aether. There have always been multiple people in the Aether; see Gersch in Ascension. Or Maxis pre-Buried. And Maxis told us pretty clearly that you need control of the Aether's energy to control the Zombies.

His cut announcer quotes also hint towards him not being in control of the Zombies.

It would not be logical indeed, because in Gorod Krovi, you hear Monty say that only when Maxis opened the portal in France, he was forced to step in, in order to save the universe, so in BO1 he was no announcer (yet).

That cut Monty announcer quotes you linked are weird. I mean, in Gorod Krovi he says this:

Spoiler

Where'd you think all these magic weapon boxes come from? The chalk drawings on the wall? The magic ammo drops? The gumball machines? Do I need to go on or do you get the message? I just hope you appreciate it."

So he is already the announcer, right? And because he says he was staying at the sidelines when it was not necessary, I indeed think Monty was not the announcer in BO1. I mean, why would he help Richthofen gaining the ultimate power. So if Samantha is the announcer, why would SHE help Richthofen. None of these make sense. Maybe it are the Apothicans still having some power trying to help Richthofen to screw up the Earth and universe?

Archived