Zombies Logo Revealed for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Spider

4bd8658248fe757e758b35c220a305fe.png

Just saw this posted on charlieintel, so I thought I would post it here for you guys to have a look at.

Infinity Ward has revealed the official logo for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s Zombies mode during their Comic-Con panel.

They stated that more information on the Zombies mode will be coming next month, but no specific timeframe was given.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

What I'm excited about is that it appears to be refreshing. So many people are trying to compare it to Treyarch zombies, because of course they've done it best, but no one tries to compare Dead Ops to the main game do they? Then people shouldn't be comparing. Let them create the product they want to create and analyze it on its own merits. Constantly trying to compare everything is never going to lead to you having the most satisfactory experience.

58 minutes ago, Tac said:

What I'm excited about is that it appears to be refreshing. So many people are trying to compare it to Treyarch zombies, because of course they've done it best, but no one tries to compare Dead Ops to the main game do they? Then people shouldn't be comparing. Let them create the product they want to create and analyze it on its own merits. Constantly trying to compare everything is never going to lead to you having the most satisfactory experience.

Comaprisons are inevitable, when both use the same game formula. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. I suspect a lot of the same people from Neversoft who made Extinction will be making this, and that's not a bad thing in my opinion, as I enjoyed Extinction. I won't be picking up Infinite Warfare though, at least not at launch, unless the Zombies is good enough to reel me in.

• Moderators

The logo looks like it doesn't take itself too serious. I hope the actual mode will take the same approach, cause while I love the BO III gameplay the story and characters take(s) itself/themselves too serious.

• Moderators

I really look forward to what comes out of this personally. Honestly as long as they learned from Exo-Zombies mistakes and don't try to ride Treyarch's legend too hard, I think this can be a unique, fun experience. I already like the two teaser images released as they both give off a silly vibe, something we haven't seen in a while. At least we know the maps won't take place in Boring Atlas Facility A or Boring Atlas Facility B: Underwater Kinda.

Seeings how I buy every Call of Duty title, regardless of zombies or not, I have high hopes for this installment.  Here are a few of my wants:

1. Let it be a bit on the whimsical side.  If anyone has ever tried to use the new whimsical gummball in BO3, they know that it lacked its merits almost immediatley upon using it.  Let's get back to a fun and refreshing take on the franchise.
  2. Change the game mechanics, just a bit.  Suggestion, even though the game is probably 98% finished, would be to change the monetary system into something else.  No more points and no more weapon buys.  Create a sort of objective/unlock for weapons and/or doors.  In short, let the points go, as they tend to shape the gameplay in a big way.
  3. Kill the main Easter Egg and put into place some form of objective/goal that needs to be reached in order to progress the rounds, much like in point 2 above, lets see some puzzles and objectives like we see in games such as Resident Evil.  For Example, on the Giant, a certain number of kills would be necessay in the starting room to power the console that unlocks the doors on either side.  Then from there, you must complete a variety of other easter eggs/objects to unlock other perks and doors in the map.  Let's get back to killing Zombies rather than saving them!!!

I don't think this is to much to ask.  I am just hoping that it is worth the $70 that I know I am going to spend to get it.  Fingers Crossed:neutral:

Archived