Real Purpose of the Summoning Key Revealed?

Slade

Since the Great battle of the Keepers v Apothicons is all over the Gorod Krovi ciphers, it makes sense to assume that the apothicons and keepers (and specifically a grand battle between the two) will be the theme of the next and supposedly the final map. We now know they are pretty much the main enemy, not the zombies (which is highly ironic).
Yet aside from Shadows they haven't made a 2nd appearance yet.
Because apothicons are - as of Gorod Krovi - still locked away tightly in the Dark Aether by Zeus the Primis Crew, so something definitely needs to happen to set them free. But what?

Reminded me of them.

Enter the Summoning Key. 

In Shadows of Evil, we are send on a quest by a mysterious man who claims to be our ally and who tells us to sacrifice 4 people using the Summoning Key to set things right.
After which he screws us over by telling us we've basically unleashed the Apothicons unto the realm.

So in a nutshell, we use the Summoning Key here to summon the Apothicons who've been banished to the Dark Aether.

Luckily the Keepers are there just in time to save the universe(s) by locking the evil Shadow Man away and making sure that no one else can use the Summoning Key for evil ever aga- oh wait,

nz_richtofen_wielding_the_stg_44_by_josa. this arschloch just took it.

Now we play as the O4 2.0's who are send on a quest by a mysterious man who claims to be our ally and who tells us to sacrifice 4 people using the Summoning Key to set things right.

Déjà vu, anyone?

So are we being manipulated again in the same way the Shadows crew were? And are we - accidentally - releasing all hell next map? Or is the Summoning Key supposed to be a Deus Ex Machina do it all plot device and are we never going to see the apothicons again save from a mention in a text cipher?

I mean, it can't be a coincidence that the artifact has apothicon language all over it, can it?

120?cb=20160503192109

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Personally I don't really see Richtofen being the Shadow Man in this situation. I see Dr. Monty more filling that role. In the Shadows cutscene when Richtofen takes the key, I think the Keeper allowed it to happen. The Keepers are very powerful and can travel dimensions as we have seen. There's no reason in my mind why the Keepers wouldn't just chase him to get it back if they didn't want him to have it. A keeper even helps us bring the MPD to Der Eisendrache to use the Summoning Key on it.

As far as I've been able to tell we are gathering the souls and the key for Maxis, who seems to have been helped or is at least somewhat in cahoots with Monty. But unlike the Shadows crew, Richtofen knows what is going on. He has read the Kronorium and has the Keepers on his side from the get-go. He has the blood which will protect him. I don't really think he's going to be the one to screw us all over for the third time. Also I don't see why he would have statues and wall murals fighting alongside the Keepers and our crew unless he was meant to fight alongside them.

Now I haven't really been following the entire storyline but this theory just popped into my head reading this. Maxis and Richthofen have always butted heads from the beginning. In der eisendrache we fight along side a keeper to destroy plans on the moon that would destroy the earth but in zns, we were attacked by the keepers getting the skull to start the Easter egg. Now In gk, we have no signs of keepers to fight with nor against but we are introduced to dr. Monty. It seems maxis is behind something and wants to set the world wrong like in buried Easter egg a long time ago. I still think he wants control and release the apothicons upon the world. But you need four souls to do so. Killing the four primus, sacrificing them to set forth his plan just like the shadow man did but Richthofen has the blood vials that maxis doesn't know about, to bring them back and fight the apothicons and restore order killing maxis in the process with the help of dr. Monty. Dr. Monty knows something and I think Richthofen does too.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

22 hours ago, LuckyMonkey909 said:

Now I haven't really been following the entire storyline but this theory just popped into my head reading this. Maxis and Richthofen have always butted heads from the beginning. In der eisendrache we fight along side a keeper to destroy plans on the moon that would destroy the earth but in zns, we were attacked by the keepers getting the skull to start the Easter egg. Now In gk, we have no signs of keepers to fight with nor against but we are introduced to dr. Monty. It seems maxis is behind something and wants to set the world wrong like in buried Easter egg a long time ago. I still think he wants control and release the apothicons upon the world. But you need four souls to do so. Killing the four primus, sacrificing them to set forth his plan just like the shadow man did but Richthofen has the blood vials that maxis doesn't know about, to bring them back and fight the apothicons and restore order killing maxis in the process with the help of dr. Monty. Dr. Monty knows something and I think Richthofen does too.

So you gave me a thought. primus locked away the apothicans, we sacrificed primus, specific primus souls, what if that opened up the door way to the apothicans using the souls, possiably the same way mccain possiably openned a door way to this new area in the zombies storyline. i still think maybe richtofen might be a shadow manesque type of figure though. I think the blood vials would restart everything. thats the "insurance"

Primus did lock away the apothicons yes but what if Richthofen is being played. But as you say he may be behind this too. A lot of quotes he says keeps pointing towards his selfish wants as he tries to correct himself. Example being " we are almost finished and I.... We will be rewarded in the end.." " the road is long and dark but I... We will walk the path" something like that but he keeps saying things for himself first... And dr. Monty even says Richthofen is on his own a lot searching for the right things to do this big plan... So much is on him. Maybe Richthofen never changed maybe he did

On 19-7-2016 at 6:42 AM, RadZakpak said:

Personally I don't really see Richtofen being the Shadow Man in this situation.

He's not. Monty is.

The key here is that the whole plan came from Monty himself, yet Monty does his best to hide his involvement whenever possible. He came to Maxis in the beginning - who was presumably in the house with the children at the time - and explained everything to him. He essentially told Maxis (who then relayed the information to Richtofen) to find the Kronorium, and from there on out we get the Collect Souls using the Summoning Key plan.

Now from the way Richtofen talks, we know that he believes he's doing it all for Maxis, when in reality he's playing into Monty's hand. 

5 hours ago, Castun50 said:

So you gave me a thought. primus locked away the apothicans, we sacrificed primus, specific primus souls, what if that opened up the door way to the apothicans using the souls,

This would make a lot of sense. Monty keeps on trying to explain how every version of each character is essentially the same. "You are you." he says.

It would seem logical that by sacrificing / locking away the people responsible for the downfall of the apothicons would result in them being able to break free from their chains once again.

• Moderators

From the recent wisps it seems Monty actually does want to repair the fractured universe, but he talks about freewill and how it was his idea, and it led to the fractured universe. Perhaps both Monty wants to repair it so he has full control?

Monty has said he is omnipotent, but there's certain things he cannot do in-game. But perhaps in the unfractured, original universe he has full God power.

10 hours ago, Slade said:

Now from the way Richtofen talks, we know that he believes he's doing it all for Maxis, when in reality he's playing into Monty's hand. 

I think Richtofen may know Monty is behind it all. He wants to repair the fractured universe, but take Monty out of power also. Maybe he knows Monty will try to kill the crew once they do everything he wants, hence the blood vials protecting them,

So what i have thought about per you wonderful minds, what if richtofen wants to take out monty after restoring the universe (as said) which would entail richtofens grand scheme all over again. Hence origins rich turning into original rich by grabbing his soul and moving to the universes much like we have seen using the bleeding effect. Thats why he didnt give up HIS soul. I mean for all we know rich could be talking to rich and shadow man about a coup to over throw monty once the universe is restored. His backup plan could be to use the MOTD crew and get his soul back AGAIN. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Blundell told Milo in his interview to give Richtofen a chance when Milo called him evil and told him that he is trying to redeem himself for all that he has done. I'm willing to give him the chance. Seems like Monty is the one to beware of honestly based on whats going on and that Monty might be afraid of the fact that he can't monitor Richtofen so he doesn't like him. He only needed him to execute his own plan so far while Richtofen is trying to set things completely right.

39 minutes ago, Zelkova said:

Blundell told Milo in his interview to give Richtofen a chance when Milo called him evil and told him that he is trying to redeem himself for all that he has done. I'm willing to give him the chance. Seems like Monty is the one to beware of honestly based on whats going on and that Monty might be afraid of the fact that he can't monitor Richtofen so he doesn't like him. He only needed him to execute his own plan so far while Richtofen is trying to set things completely right.

I definitely do trust Richtofen over Monty so far. However, when Blundell says that, I can't help but think he's trying to mislead us. 

35 minutes ago, Spider3000 said:

I definitely do trust Richtofen over Monty so far. However, when Blundell says that, I can't help but think he's trying to mislead us. 

I understand that but I think its just us expecting him to troll us or something. So really we are setting ourselves for that too.

Look Blundell says the things he says the way he says them because he doesn't want to give everything away if what I believe is correct than maybe Monty is just skeptical of richtofens plan Monty obviously does not want it to follow through he starts telling the characters things that they shouldn't know things that break them Dempsey isn't giving field reports to anyone but Monty has been listening all along I don't really want to trust the man who can break our characters with one action. Look you don't have to trust me but I really look deeply into the storyline I think richtofen has changed for the better and wants to help more than destroy I believe that richtofen with the help of the crew and the summoning key can greatly change things I just don't trust Monty one bit

Archived