The Crusaders and the Order

Monopoly Mac

So now with the new ciphers that have recently been solved, we have a better idea of what the history is behind this castle! A story of a King, a son, and of alien races!

According to the ciphers, there were knights coming back from a crusade just to find themselves in a war with a demonic race known as the Apothicons. With the help of the Ancient Order of the Keepers, they beat back the Apothicons and saved the world. Of course 4 of these Keepers were characters suspiciously similar to our characters. The last thing they told the King was to build a castle in this exact spot. No doubt in order to complete the loop so that in the future our characters can complete their mission.

Now inside the castle we can actually see the relationship the Crusaders and Keepers had reflected by the imagery. We have tombs of knights and keepers. We have vril books and pyramids. It's just interesting to look at the map now and understand how these two forces began their relationship. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Oddly enough, I mentioned this exact thing before Zetsubou no Shima was dropped a few months ago...minus the castle part.

If you look at the Wolf Bow paintings, they depict this exact story of the Crusaders fighting with the Keepers against the Apothicans.

What I'd really like to know is how this connects to the knight's tomb releasing a Keeper spirit when the Vril Rod is inserted into it. You can see the many connections of the Keepers especially in the anti-gravity room and pyramid, plus the tomb is crazy close as well.

• Moderators

Dr. Maxis and now SOPHIA have said that there is a loop which must be closed. There's been evidence everywhere that what lies ahead in our story has technically already happened. Hence the statues and pictures of Primis everywhere, Richtofen already having the blood vials in Origins, and also there's the theory that the hole in Nikolai's armor being there before the original Nikolai shot him has some significance. The question to me is, will DLC 4 end with the loop being closed, and returning back to square one to restart everything again, or will Richtofen find a way to break the cycle using the vials? Perhaps in a Back to the Future sort of manner, he gave himself the blood vials in the past so that when he discovered the Kronorium, he could find a way to break the cycle.

Maybe it's all ramblings, but I think either Revelations will end with a definitive breaking of the cycle, or you will have two different endings, similar to Mob of the Dead so many years ago.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, InfestLithium said:

Oddly enough, I mentioned this exact thing before Zetsubou no Shima was dropped a few months ago...minus the castle part.

If you look at the Wolf Bow paintings, they depict this exact story of the Crusaders fighting with the Keepers against the Apothicans.

To the contrary, I believe the cipher depicting the great battle takes place before the wolf bow pictures. The very young king in the pictures died in battle with the Apothicons, while his father (writer of the cipher and knight in the great battle) survived for years afterwards, eventually building the castle itself.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

To the contrary, I believe the cipher depicting the great battle takes place before the wolf bow pictures. The very young king in the pictures died in battle with the Apothicons, while his father (writer of the cipher and knight in the great battle) survived for years afterwards, eventually building the castle itself.

Ah, I should've made it clear that I agree with it being two different scenarios, but ultimately the same events. The only difference is that the younger king did die; however the Apothicans were defeated twice because the castle's soldiers were more than likely aided by the Keepers once again and event went on to use the Ancient Bows as their winning weapon.

But how interesting! Does that mean the Shadows of Evil mural in the Pack-a-Punch room depict that very Great War? Also, it does now bring a relation back to Origins' Templar zombies (not to be confused the with Agarthan zombies).

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Does that mean the Shadows of Evil mural in the Pack-a-Punch room depict that very Great War? Also, it does now bring a relation back to Origins' Templar zombies (not to be confused the with Agarthan zombies).

I can definitely see that being the case. Glitching Queen has this video showing the mural colored in so the details are really easy to see. 

On the left there's our Primis crew with their staves, knights, and a keeper wielding the Shadows of Evil Sword, while on the right is many Apothicon monsters. I think this has been alluding to DLC 4, or at least this "Great War" we've heard about all this time.

• Administrators
On 7/18/2016 at 1:19 AM, NaBrZHunter said:

So we have the King, the father, fighting alongside PRIMIS in a Great War with the Apothicons. PRIMIS tells him to build his castle in a certain location, and he does. Then they attack again, this time under the son's watch, and they manage to kill him, but again they are able to keep the Apothicons at bay. Do you agree?

On 7/18/2016 at 1:35 AM, InfestLithium said:

But how interesting! Does that mean the Shadows of Evil mural in the Pack-a-Punch room depict that very Great War?

Yes, the first one, but not the second I would suspect.

On 7/18/2016 at 1:35 AM, InfestLithium said:

Also, it does now bring a relation back to Origins' Templar zombies (not to be confused the with Agarthan zombies).

Are you referring to the Keepers? If so, then in what way do you mean?

• Moderators
7 hours ago, anonymous said:

The Agarthan zombies are also humans, aren't they? They have a Keeper symbol on their chest vut their heads look human to me

My guess is they are or were humans deemed worthy of serving the Keepers.

Some theorized they were Vril-Ya, but Vril-ya haven't been in the picture for years.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

My guess is they are or were humans deemed worthy of serving the Keepers.

Some theorized they were Vril-Ya, but Vril-ya haven't been in the picture for years.

:scream:  Say what now?! I strongly believe that the Keepers are Vril-ya, or at least close enough to be called that. What makes you say they aren't the same?

1 hour ago, Tac said:

:scream:  Say what now?! I strongly believe that the Keepers are Vril-ya, or at least close enough to be called that. What makes you say they aren't the same?

I think they never researched the vril-ya all that much when they first introduced them, and as such they realized that their mythology didn't quite fit all to well with their plans. So, they ended up making the vril-ya keepers instead to avoid them directly going against the established cannon of the vril-ya.

9 hours ago, anonymous said:

The Agarthan zombies are also humans, aren't they? They have a Keeper symbol on their chest vut their heads look human to me

They are most definitely humanoid. Their facial features however, are not exactly human. They have a massive mouth with spiny teeth, small slits in place of a nose, they don't exactly have eyes (just small indents in their head that glow), and their fingers are claws. They are definitely closer to human than Keeper though.

Archived