Gorod Krovi Radios, Codes/Ciphers, Quotes, Letters, etc.

Tac

3 minutes ago, oxin8 said:

Got a picture of that? I'm always interested to see a jumbled alphabet somewhere.

I cant get a good pic of the cylinder, but Ive listed the letters here. the columns on the left are the visible letters on the cylinder and the letters on the right are them put into a line

Picture 12.jpg

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, I4mThoR said:

I cant get a good pic of the cylinder, but Ive listed the letters here. the columns on the left are the visible letters on the cylinder and the letters on the right are them put into a line

Picture 12.jpg

ive alredy put it into a substitution program and ran both ciphers through it and havent got anything so it maybe my insanity and this heat kicking in :D

Unless that alphabet is standard for cipher cylinders like that, there's gotta be a use for it. You put that cylinder into SOPHIA and there's only 6 wheels to turn? Hardly makes sense. I bet that alphabet gets used for something before we're done. Good find @I4mThoR

Just now, oxin8 said:

Unless that alphabet is standard for cipher cylinders like that, there's gotta be a use for it. You put that cylinder into SOPHIA and there's only 6 wheels to turn? Hardly makes sense. I bet that alphabet gets used for something before we're done. Good find @I4mThoR

They may have just done it for effect, as the cipher alphabet is hardly different, B-Y   E-W   F-Z    G-I   M-Q    R-V   U-X

Just noticed that this cipher(grate cipher?) has all letters in the alphabet:

Rc qipv jhx vld plson fhceuh itp jui gh qhzu dg sq xie dhw.U gbfl lf fluz pcag wrgkv zw, dinyg zw, qge gnvm L fhx

Thought I'd throw that out there incase that gives someone some ideas on the encryption method.

6 minutes ago, oxin8 said:

Just noticed that this cipher(grate cipher?) has all letters in the alphabet:

Rc qipv jhx vld plson fhceuh itp jui gh qhzu dg sq xie dhw.U gbfl lf fluz pcag wrgkv zw, dinyg zw, qge gnvm L fhx

Thought I'd throw that out there incase that gives someone some ideas on the encryption method.

Seems pretty weird, if its 1-1 substitution cipher, that means Q has to be in it at least once.

Is this the only cylinder we can find in game? @I4mThoR - if you finish your list (wrote the rest of the alphabet every line) do you get anywhere a word or something which could be a key?

Like @oxin8 said that is a typically code cylinder...but i don't know why they put made them that way... why give us a picture? Just to troll?

I really need to find more time to explore the map...

Just now, Nieno69 said:

Is this the only cylinder we can find in game? @I4mThoR - if you finish your list (wrote the rest of the alphabet every line) do you get anywhere a word or something which could be a key?

Like @oxin8 said that is a typically code cylinder...but i don't know why they put made them that way... why give us a picture? Just to troll?

I really need to find more time to explore the map...

this is for the EE, the canister. and most of the cogs are off centre so it's difficult to presume how they lie. I'll go through the possibilities now.

10 hours ago, Nieno69 said:

So found time watching the vid - and  put kronos in line to see if anything else show up - its not the case

Another question: where do you find the short poly cipher? Don't find any vid which shows it definitely

It's under the flinger where power is.

13 minutes ago, I4mThoR said:

Possibly, was that guess work or did you work it out?

I have an older friend who was an army cryptologist during Desert Storm. He says it's a multiple-juxtaposition cipher, and it includes spaces and punc in the juxtaposition table so as to throw ppl off.

I was just putting that there for posterity :D

Just now, Conzul said:

I have an older friend who was an army cryptologist during Desert Storm. He says it's a multiple-juxtaposition cipher, and it includes spaces and punc in the juxtaposition table so as to throw ppl off.

Thank you, I will try and continue on your thoughts, and will update to see if anything comes up

13 minutes ago, Conzul said:

Is there any programs we can use to find an alphabet to use for this cipher then? If we force out the word IAMGERSCH  to equal RRHTUERBT then surely we can make an alphabet to use on the rest of the cipher.

24 minutes ago, Conzul said:

what? Juxtaposition? How should this cipher actually work? The german translation of juxtaposition doesnt make sense at all... 

Edit: a deeper look at google iand now i know what he mean... and i'm pretty sure thats not the case its a transposition and no substitution (thats what thks juxtaposition means right?)

The letterfrequenzy fits

He uses juxtaposition interchangeably with transposition. They mean the same thing. To him, anyway. 

Also you can't just run IAMGERSCH against the existing sequence. Notice how "r rh" = "I am"

"r" will equal "I" only at first, and the next time "r" shows up it will equal something else, up to a limit and then reset. Same for each letter. 

10 hours ago, Conzul said:

He uses juxtaposition interchangeably with transposition. They mean the same thing. To him, anyway. 

Also you can't just run IAMGERSCH against the existing sequence. Notice how "r rh" = "I am"

"r" will equal "I" only at first, and the next time "r" shows up it will equal something else, up to a limit and then reset. Same for each letter. 

I meant run it as a sequence so that we get some form of algorithm to which letters equal others and in what sequence, therefor deducing placement of the juxtaposed alphabets?

The evidence points to there not being a substitution involved, only transposition. The frequency analysis shows a pretty standard English distribution:

Spoiler
E 44
T 32
A 28
R 19
H 18
N 17
O 16
S 14
M 14
I 14
D 11
P 9
C 6
V 5
W 5
G 5
B 5
L 5
Y 4
U 4
F 4
J 2
K 1
Total (Σ) 282

We need to just focus on transposition types here. Unfortunately, if this is a Double Columnar Transposition, most methods I've seen are either  "guess and check" or involve anagramming.

6 minutes ago, certainpersonio said:

The evidence points to there not being a substitution involved, only transposition. The frequency analysis shows a pretty standard English distribution:

Reveal hidden contents

We need to just focus on transposition types here. Unfortunately, if this is a Double Columnar Transposition, most methods I've seen are either  "guess and check" or involve anagramming.

I tried brute forcing for double columnar but the resulting data is massive. Later I figured out my program still isn't 100% correct but I'm most concerned about the accuracy of the ciphertext. I've seen it with a leading space, no leading, double space between the first 2 'words', etc. If we're thinking it's Double Columnar and we can get some consensus on the ciphertext, I'd resume work on it but I got a little discourage when I realized I might be looking for a needle in the wrong haystack.

Archived