Gorod Krovi Radios, Codes/Ciphers, Quotes, Letters, etc.

Tac

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, I4mThoR said:

here is my Explanation video (

) Credit to @Lizizadolphin @WaterKH @oxin8 and @Nieno69 

I actually really liked this video! Whiteboards are my fave!

Anyways, when I saw you write it out like this, it made me think back to something @oxin8 made I believe. The X's could represent a letter from one of the rows at top. I think this is actually not a bad idea now that I see it like this. So we may get some word or small phrase that could be pretty good?

16 minutes ago, WaterKH said:

Anyways, when I saw you write it out like this, it made me think back to something @oxin8 made I believe. The X's could represent a letter from one of the rows at top. I think this is actually not a bad idea now that I see it like this. So we may get some word or small phrase that could be pretty good?

If i understand this right: you think there is more to it?

I didnt think so like i mentioned in the beginning the x should be fillers in the cipher

I watched the video - pretty nice done:

You could start the cipher at the end so you didnt have to read it backwards - nice work

1 minute ago, Nieno69 said:

If i understand this right: you think there is more to it?

I didnt think so like i mentioned in the beginning the x should be fillers in the cipher

I watched the video - pretty nice done:

You could start the cipher at the end so you didnt have to read it backwards - nice work

I'll remember that for if I solve another one :D and yea could be either really, I dont think there is anything more, just indicates the person to start a new line / whatever :D

Currrentley on the short unsolved paper atm, racking my brain around it, little progress gained

21 minutes ago, WaterKH said:

At the time, I was trying to convey that the 'extra' letters were actually a key or something for the rest of it. At this point, I'm pretty sure the 'X's are just filler. That said, I wonder if there's still something to be gained from the shopping list. I know it might just be a fun thing they did but they could be hiding something in plain sight. As I've said to you before(WINDOW CIPHER! lol), I really think Treyarch is hiding more things in plain sight than we realize. It just doesn't make sense for them to hide the juiciest info on a sheet of paper they know we'll find. There's gotta be some whole cipher hiding strategies we're missing.

That said, I'm not going to pursue the shopping list further in the near future. There's bigger fish to fry.

5 minutes ago, oxin8 said:

At the time, I was trying to convey that the 'extra' letters were actually a key or something for the rest of it. At this point, I'm pretty sure the 'X's are just filler. That said, I wonder if there's still something to be gained from the shopping list. I know it might just be a fun thing they did but they could be hiding something in plain sight. As I've said to you before(WINDOW CIPHER! lol), I really think Treyarch is hiding more things in plain sight than we realize. It just doesn't make sense for them to hide the juiciest info on a sheet of paper they know we'll find. There's gotta be some whole cipher hiding strategies we're missing.

That said, I'm not going to pursue the shopping list further in the near future. There's bigger fish to fry.

Add Fish to the list :P

29 minutes ago, Tac said:

OP has been updated. If you all could go through and help me identify/put into words the code types for a chunk of them, that would be great.

Shopping list = column tranposition? (@WaterKH would have a better description)

BO3 bios = one time pad? (same as above)

Roman numerals = "ASCII values as Roman Numerals"

Tac's 11 Hour Skype Call Cipher = "Assembly code(MASM)" (it would be nice to determine the actual decoding method the program uses but it also doesn't really matter at this point)

tried quite a few techniques on this but couldnt get that far, tried substitution, caesar and a few others, but got nothing yet. Think the 'U' ia an I and that the 'L' at the end must be an initial of somekind.

6 hours ago, Kalinine said:

Cipher10_zpsnzjcvfbp.png

16 minutes ago, I4mThoR said:

tried quite a few techniques on this but couldnt get that far, tried substitution, caesar and a few others, but got nothing yet. Think the 'U' ia an I and that the 'L' at the end must be an initial of somekind.

So something I saw that could help your analysis is that at the end of the first sentence we have "zw," and then a couple letters later we have "zw," again. Thus, we can use the Kalinski test to determine that the key length (If this is indeed poly, though it seems fairly justified) is 7. I've tried a lot of words though for the key, so I believe, like ZNS we may have an alphabet that is not standard.

Rc qipv jhx vld plson fhceuh itp jui gh qhzu dg sq xie dhw.U gbfl lf fluz pcag wrgkv zw, dinyg zw, qge gnvm L fhx

Like @WaterKH mentioned: 

You search for repeated letter (ngramm) e.g. zw

Then you count from the first z to the next z - 7 - so you should take every 7th letter and make a new frequenzy analysis

But there is more needed to this test  (online decoder helps for this)

But to go on: i got deeper with polyalphabetic ciphers since de and i'm pretty sure its no "normal" poly like vigenere, trithemus or beaufort 

E.g. from d.e. 

Spoiler

AGVHV YNLOA OLFOO IJCW, MBZUP RNOEW SSSZO MVYFZ Q.HWU ZJECB DQQGO OGGSB THVMM WQNBH UUSEF ODBQH CLPHW XLVZJ CQMEO HJYWX SZYLS KDTGH .XMKF IAOET RTXHJ L;MBZ UXPDT IGOEX Z...C QBSZZ FCUVI SVNPN BBVOS NGWFT KACBL ZTSGE FELBV QKRDD PWUHW KHUB

You run the test and see the probably keylenghts

13 lett. 74.1%
8 lett. 55.8%
2 lett. 50.9%
4 lett. 50.1%
18 lett. 15%
17 lett. 10.5%
15 lett. 7.5%
12 lett. 5.7%
6 lett. 4.7%
9 lett. 4.5%
5 lett. 2.8%
3 lett. 2.8%
14 lett. 2.2%
11 lett. 1.2%
19 lett. 1.1%
7 lett. 1%
16 lett. 0.7%
10 lett.

0.2%

So this should clearly be a "normal" poly 

Key is "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" (trithemus cipher) and solution is

AFTER THE GREAT BATTLE, THEY STOOD UPON THE MOUND. THEIR LIGHT SHONE DOWN AND CLEANSED ALL THE SICKNESS FOR AS FAR AS THE EYE COULD SEE. THEY ARE THE FIRST; THEY ARE THE LAST... VISIONS OF FRACTURED WORLDS AND STRANGE ROOMS HAUNTED OUR DREAMS.

E.g. from zns

Spoiler

Mq pezw qg zy fcqr. Eg bnmw? Ql, lwa, wg ik Iiekp. Vbw dqrt zijr l tgia xtcntapk? Zavigek? Ainja? Kuejg mf fwk? V gmgwf A koa fgtkvnm Mhra. K uhabs yicg ql fmk sojo. Lzeu, kuejg ez A vcj. A ukxl gv tvrw dc n jqjrr. A mrbo bvvs hnepw. Nwaadnc, V su vbmw

18 lett. 75.7%
9 lett. 64.5%
6 lett. 56.5%
3 lett. 49.6%
2 lett. 46%
12 lett. 22.2%
8 lett. 20.6%
4 lett. 15.4%
14 lett. 13.3%
13 lett. 6.1%
15 lett. 6%
7 lett. 5.3%
17 lett. 3.6%
5 lett. 3.4%
11 lett. 3.1%
19 lett. 2.1%
10 lett. 1.6%
16 lett. 0.2%

Key ascencion

My name is my name. My name? Oh, yes, it is Gersh. How long have l been floating? Minutes? Years? Where is now? I guess I can forgive Yuri. I quite like my new form. Hmmm, where am I now. A city on fire by a river. I know this place. Finally, I am home.

E.g. zns with keyed alphabet

Spoiler

Cipher

Kvxga pzd lwtv sb pzd Rvtxhc Xoo Fsoxgypw var zzczlqnnsjm, pxb Cupngyl qny zo vsflaxydd kwky zip eixhe laxoktr jwnl yc sar hfjksrdd gvm mzhyrryokzzh he ttu zbq Astirwyh 9 bnahlvjr ss pzd irdihm rc zecunpaa. Zd artslaa nd pngvssnjky gvip xb thlc tfnkb ii elemhwb so aokihuzif oyg jbwbuqct. Qyi ohb H bwjw fsst rhsj pyop td aioyoggszh sj kyyx idw uhnzfzqx wvde ryh qse khj czl Fmpsy

Key shinonuma

Alphabet AMUNOIHSZYXWVTRQPLKJGFEDCB

9  lett. 68.4 % 3  lett. 50.5 % 18  lett. 45.2 % 6  lett. 28.7 % 2  lett. 24.5 % 12  lett. 21.7 % 16  lett. 21.6 % 8  lett. 16.7 % 4  lett. 16.3 % 15  lett. 14.5 % 5  lett. 11.9 % 14  lett. 8.9 % 17  lett. 8.1 % 7  lett. 7.9 % 13  lett. 4.6 % 19  lett. 4.2 % 11  lett. 3.2 % 10  lett. 0.7 % #18

While the loss of the Rising Sun Facility was unfortunate, the Emperor was so impressed with our final results that he has approved the construction of the new Division 9 facility on the island we selected. He assured me personally that he will spare no expense in advancing our research. You and I both know that what we accomplish at this new facility will win the war for Japan.

Now the cipher on gk

Spoiler

Rc qipv jhx vld plson fhceuh itp jui gh qhzu dg sq xie dhw.U gbfl lf fluz pcag wrgkv zw, dinyg zw, qge gnvm L fhx

↑↓ ↑↓
4 lett. 8.9%
8 lett. 7.7%
5 lett. 7.1%
9 lett. 5.7%
7 lett. 4.7%
6 lett. 2.4%
3 lett. 2%
2 lett. 0.8%
16 lett. 0%
17 lett. 0%
18 lett. 0%
19 lett. 0%
15 lett. 0%
10 lett. 0%
11 lett. 0%
12 lett. 0%
13 lett. 0%
14 lett. 0%

The other ciphers were longer so here a short selfmade cipher with about same letters

Spoiler

Cipher

Vy ylmbp ro iwfyal u relj, kneb qse uwjxl gcrtng yc lyc uertida nic ttu azkxq kegjml zc qse bur, nma qsevg lnfic

Plain

In order to cipher a text, take the first letter of the message and the first letter of the key, add their value

Key shinonuma

Alphabet AMUNOIHSZYXWVTRQPLKJGFEDCB

9  lett. 86.4 % 3  lett. 60.8 % 6  lett. 34.3 % 2  lett. 26.6 % 18  lett. 25 % 5  lett. 21.9 % 15  lett. 20.8 % 8  lett. 9.6 % 4  lett. 6.9 % 7  lett. 0.9 % 16  lett. 0 % 17  lett. 0 % 19  lett. 0 % 10  lett. 0 % 11  lett. 0 % 12  lett. 0 % 13  lett. 0 % 14  lett. 0 % #18

So it could be something like e.g. rotor machines or other poly besides the "normal" ones

I searched for russian encryption but didnt found anything yet

8 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Like @WaterKH mentioned: 

You search for repeated letter (ngramm) e.g. zw

Then you count from the first z to the next z - 7 - so you should take every 7th letter and make a new frequenzy analysis

Ok, trying to learn atm, as stated yesterday, Im new to this :D If I am getting in your way I do apologise :D

Just now, certainpersonio said:

@Nieno69 Great post! I totally agree with you that this is a polyalphabetic but is not in the Vigenere family. I'm inclined to think it's a type of aperiodic cipher again, just like the Clock Tower Cipher on DE, but we'll see.

@I4mThoR Keep working on the ciphers! If you have questions, ask and we'll be as clear as we can :)

Ha ha, thanks bud and will do, literally hear your name in all the cipher vids I've watched on youtube, GJ bud :D

@I4mThoR Thanks. If you're looking to start somewhere with your ciphers, you can try looking up more transposition ciphers. The technical name for the type of cipher you solved is a Route Transposition cipher. This cipher is also a transposition cipher, but probably not exactly the same as the one you solved:

•  r  rh tgeRbt bnad ee shisfptFtn et eo enebe  lesdepj  n .a cih,eepa t gv g o,aiM  Av sT aevtH esoe.nS   eaear , w,arhaeohjemuo s,detibR nhtkphaetaid ygoTt.irc”tma”rocnrihr mapa oapIthhboyst.pr eear  heuaAtm et  . net ‘o  cIms e  dat sl drwht hedyaehsnrdoeot tnteNnea”ynsIw s feemie geai amra negaIfwwt  ‘emns. e.ismano  oter tapde  dovaM oihtrvire Ci m euh emtethtr mp cn

Keep up the good work :)

The "Things to do" Cipher gives me a strong "stuhlinger" feeling.

I remember he was always talking about eating salad, although i am not sure how many items in the list really is for salad lol

If he consumes flesh, then saw may make sense.

Reading the book? The one in his pocket will do.

Others I am not sure. Just my first thought of this list.

• Administrators

I remember when many people (like myself) thought the book Samuel was holding was Maxis' notebook, as noted at the Black Ops 2 loading screens before beginning the startup libby. It even showed a picture of the exact notebook seen in his vest.

Perhaps someone can find it before I do?

Archived