Intro cutscene: McCain!

Stop Mocking Me0

4 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

https://clyp.it/zohbaf04

I've always despised the Zombies section on the Call of Duty Wiki. It's Dr. Peter McKay. Not McCain. NOT MCCAIN. I'm sorry but I keep seeing that everywhere and it is so frustrating.

The only time his last name was ever mentioned was in Call of the Dead Radio 4. I've attached a clip of it. Richtofen clearly said McKay with no NNNN sound.

Also, why does everyone assume this random Marine guy falling from the sky wearing a parachute is Peter?

I'm also annoyed to no end that they overlayed the intro with some awful rock music. Worse still is that it is baked into the intro mkv video. It will never come out. It ruins the intro for me. It's distracting, it makes it difficult to hear any of the characters speaking. It's... childish. Not to mention that now anyone who wants to make a video that utilizes any portion of the intro will now be copyright flagged for infringing on the audio.

I don't mean to be a negative nelly. I myself wish I could have a more positive reaction to these videos. There's gotta be something good to say... Well, the Nikolai in a mech thing seemed cool... Will he be a peril in the map? Oh... Until he was kidnapped... Taken away, stored for later for a later boss fight, making him an unplayable part of the map for 70% of people who play the game. (The people who are unable or unwilling to devote the time to completing the side mission.)

I miss the Lovecraftian mythos from Shadows of Evil... I wish that'd come back. If we're going to go fantasy, let's do cool things, instead of the classical medieval European dragon. Tentacle monsters. woo.

i think the game makers would u know make it the way they want to since its kinda their game. and we assume hes the guy cause clearly as posted is says his name on the uniform. i think its childish to complain about the INTRO video having music. it may or may not be in the intro for the game itself. there is a lot of good from this video. how did peter get there? why is he falling? how is it a portal much like the one in origins? the dragon has no collar (WHAT?!?) nik shoots at the Origins crew (why?) nik in a robot more coolness! ace of spades by motorhead, ace of spades (death card) interesting! nik better not be a boss this map has a lot of mini bosses already. i would like something a little more dramatic like maybe the boss battle being against dr monty? dragons are baddass. keep an open mind.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

A few thoughts...

There is no evidence that Peter is dead. The man is limp as if he passed out. No surprise there. See point (2)

Since when was this hell? It's another dimension...has no hellish feeling so far. We're talking falling through an interdimensional portal here, as we saw in Origins. There were theories that Origins was hell, too. They were wrong.

Cthulhu was not cool...I still like The Giant more than SoE. Especially the way the Cthulhu crowd seemed to want that mythos to supersede all others we have ever encountered. It was like having some know-it-all show up and attempt a hostile takeover of a tight-knit team. Cthulhu has never had anything to do with zombies before. 

It was definitely McKay in the past. Then a YouTuber misheard it. Now it is McCain. Really unfortunate and frustrating.

While I like clean cutscenes, I was actually rather smugly happy that it was copyrighted. Too many people these days lazily stick their silly reactions on YouTube and milk the trailers and cutscenes for all they're worth. I produced a CoDZ YouTube upload of it today, myself but the fact that it was non-monetizable was no disappointment. It is Treyarch's product to begin with. No different from Avenged Sevenfold in the Origins IGC.

And finally...me too @Matuzz

7 hours ago, Matuzz said:

oacXFqZ.jpg

On 7/11/2016 at 10:26 PM, NaBrZHunter said:

A few thoughts...

There is no evidence that Peter is dead. The man is limp as if he passed out. No surprise there. See point (2)

Since when was this hell? It's another dimension...has no hellish feeling so far. We're talking falling through an interdimensional portal here, as we saw in Origins. There were theories that Origins was hell, too. They were wrong.

Cthulhu was not cool...I still like The Giant more than SoE. Especially the way the Cthulhu crowd seemed to want that mythos to supersede all others we have ever encountered. It was like having some know-it-all show up and attempt a hostile takeover of a tight-knit team. Cthulhu has never had anything to do with zombies before. 

It was definitely McKay in the past. Then a YouTuber misheard it. Now it is McCain. Really unfortunate and frustrating.

While I like clean cutscenes, I was actually rather smugly happy that it was copyrighted. Too many people these days lazily stick their silly reactions on YouTube and milk the trailers and cutscenes for all they're worth. I produced a CoDZ YouTube upload of it today, myself but the fact that it was non-monetizable was no disappointment. It is Treyarch's product to begin with. No different from Avenged Sevenfold in the Origins IGC.

And finally...me too @Matuzz

I made one of those origins is hell theories.

Either way.  I can't find another explanation of why this map features red eyed zombies.  To me this seems like a pretty rock solid point.  At the very least,  when there's a reason the eyes of the zombies are red, I will hear out theories of it not being hell.  

As for McKay...  I don't really care either way.  POINT IS, hanging man in SNN is falling out of the sky.  

The rest I pretty much agree with.  

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

As for McKay...  I don't really care either way.  POINT IS, hanging man in SNN is falling out of the sky.  

The rest I pretty much agree with.  

Hehe. One more disagreement: the Hanging Man of Shi No Numa may not be Peter McCain. A good deal of the evidence says otherwise, i.e., the presence of his left hand in the cutscene (which, according to the original Peter theory, he lost before fleeing Verruckt and parachuting about above Shi No Numa. There's more, but ask @Tac @BlindBusDrivr @Monopoly Mac or @MrRoflWaffles...we've investigated it for over 6-8 hours collectively with not conclusion. 

8 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Hehe. One more disagreement: the Hanging Man of Shi No Numa may not be Peter McCain. A good deal of the evidence says otherwise, i.e., the presence of his left hand in the cutscene (which, according to the original Peter theory, he lost before fleeing Verruckt and parachuting about above Shi No Numa. There's more, but ask @Tac @BlindBusDrivr @Monopoly Mac or @MrRoflWaffles...we've investigated it for over 6-8 hours collectively with not conclusion. 

*Man in SNN radios is falling out of the sky.  

2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

That doesn't really matter though because this is some form of alternate timeline or universe, for the same reason that Stalingrad wasn't invaded by zombies, robots, and dragons in the original timeline. This new timeline seems to have a much worse version of World War II. (Fun fact, Nikolai says they've fought in World War III in one quote.) So Peter having an arm in this timeline just means he didn't lose it this time.

However, you can use this logic with literally almost anything you can pull from the game. For example, Sophia being a robot. Is that unique to this timeline? Or not? There seems to be literally no way to tell. Original Sophia could have been human or a robot too. Note that in the original timeline, Maxis specifically referenced having romantic feelings towards Sophia. (Maxis was also younger in the original timeline compared to old Maxis in Origins.) So are we going to honestly say that Maxis had romantic feelings for a computer mainframe?! I mean... if anyone would, it'd be him. But still. But it could just be that he had feelings for the human Sophia in the original timeline, but this timeline has a robot Sophia. Cuz writing.

As for the zombies' red eyes, I don't really see the satanic influence. Maybe it is Maxis, Shadowman, Monty, or the dragons? I put my money on the dragons, just because they also have the reddish-orange glow, which European dragons by default shouldn't necessarily have.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MysteryMachineX said:

That doesn't really matter though because this is some form of alternate timeline or universe, for the same reason that Stalingrad wasn't invaded by zombies, robots, and dragons in the original timeline. This new timeline seems to have a much worse version of World War II. (Fun fact, Nikolai says they've fought in World War III in one quote.) So Peter having an arm in this timeline just means he didn't lose it this time.

However, you can use this logic with literally almost anything you can pull from the game. For example, Sophia being a robot. Is that unique to this timeline? Or not? There seems to be literally no way to tell. Original Sophia could have been human or a robot too. Note that in the original timeline, Maxis specifically referenced having romantic feelings towards Sophia. (Maxis was also younger in the original timeline compared to old Maxis in Origins.) So are we going to honestly say that Maxis had romantic feelings for a computer mainframe?! I mean... if anyone would, it'd be him. But still. But it could just be that he had feelings for the human Sophia in the original timeline, but this timeline has a robot Sophia. Cuz writing.

As for the zombies' red eyes, I don't really see the satanic influence. Maybe it is Maxis, Shadowman, Monty, or the dragons? I put my money on the dragons, just because they also have the reddish-orange glow, which European dragons by default shouldn't necessarily have.

1. We cannot use that as an excuse for everything. Treyarch isn't just rewriting everything; they're adding to what we already know, giving us more intel to work with. There have been so many radios and ciphers to prove this, including the addition of Division 9 as a defined entity in the story, whereas in the past, the Japanese group went unnamed. The hanging man of Shi No Numa is not canonically Peter. There is too much evidence against it and thus far, the cutscene only seems to add to that evidence. In fact, as far as we know, the Peter cipher we received in DE very well may be from our ORIGINAL universe in which case, this IS the original Peter.

Your second comment I cannot risk reading due to spoilers. I am gone dark.

Agreed on the eyes, however.

Things are simply being added and not changed?

Original timeline: Richtofen lived to rule the zombies

New timeline: Richtofen was headshotted

Original timeline: Giant robots were never used in the war

New timeline: Germany had giant robots that waged in the war

Original timeline: Russia never used giant robots or fought dragons

New timeline: Russia reverse engineered the robot and fought dragons

Original timeline: Der Riese occurred weeks after the accident with Maxis

New timeline: The Giant occurred immediately following the accident

Original timeline: In Der Riese, you can CLEARLY see there is not a giant robot head

New timeline: In the Giant, you can clearly see there IS a giant robot head

Original timeline: Richtofen killed Pablo's spleen and found nothing for the trust barrier

New timeline: Pablo's spleen was found to have the Ancient logo, similar to the Keepers

Original timeline: After World War II, the world is pretty much as we see it in history.

New timeline: Do you really think that the destruction will go unnoticed in history?

Now even if you agree that they are different timelines/parallel universes, you might say that they diverged simply because of Richtofen's actions. But the changes diverge much sooner than that with all the technology they have in development. Not to mention the Keepers influencing this realm, where they had not in the original one.

You might consider the Keepers to be the same as the Vril-Ya, but they are not. They might be similar, but not the same. We can agree that Origins is a separate timeline or universe of some sort, yes? The Ancients and the Ancient Order of the Keepers are two different groups that are similar. You can theorized why that might be. But they have different physiology and different logos. The same would go for the Vril-Ya, whose skull we saw in Shangri-La. Therefore, these are three separate but similar realms that have a different ancient creature.

Vril_Ya.png    Ancients.png      Ancient_Order_of_the_Keepers.png

We aren't saving the "1.0" versions of our characters. They died on the Moon. We're saving the "3.0" versions of them. Or 5 or 7 depending on how you're counting.

Now I don't think it is impossible that Treyarch is going to write in some way of merging these three timelines to have always been the same. But I simply can't see how they could logically accomplish that without ignoring so much of what they've set up. But just like they changed McKay, I really don't have that much faith in them. I'm holding out to see what they say next DLC and the comic, but surely, the evidence definitely does not go only one way.

7 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

Things are simply being added and not changed?

Original timeline: Richtofen lived to rule the zombies

New timeline: Richtofen was headshotted

Original timeline: Giant robots were never used in the war

New timeline: Germany had giant robots that waged in the war

Original timeline: Russia never used giant robots or fought dragons

New timeline: Russia reverse engineered the robot and fought dragons

Original timeline: Der Riese occurred weeks after the accident with Maxis

New timeline: The Giant occurred immediately following the accident

Original timeline: In Der Riese, you can CLEARLY see there is not a giant robot head

New timeline: In the Giant, you can clearly see there IS a giant robot head

Original timeline: Richtofen killed Pablo's spleen and found nothing for the trust barrier

New timeline: Pablo's spleen was found to have the Ancient logo, similar to the Keepers

Original timeline: After World War II, the world is pretty much as we see it in history.

New timeline: Do you really think that the destruction will go unnoticed in history?

Now even if you agree that they are different timelines/parallel universes, you might say that they diverged simply because of Richtofen's actions. But the changes diverge much sooner than that with all the technology they have in development. Not to mention the Keepers influencing this realm, where they had not in the original one.

You might consider the Keepers to be the same as the Vril-Ya, but they are not. They might be similar, but not the same. We can agree that Origins is a separate timeline or universe of some sort, yes? The Ancients and the Ancient Order of the Keepers are two different groups that are similar. You can theorized why that might be. But they have different physiology and different logos. The same would go for the Vril-Ya, whose skull we saw in Shangri-La. Therefore, these are three separate but similar realms that have a different ancient creature.

Vril_Ya.png    Ancients.png      Ancient_Order_of_the_Keepers.png

We aren't saving the "1.0" versions of our characters. They died on the Moon. We're saving the "3.0" versions of them. Or 5 or 7 depending on how you're counting.

Now I don't think it is impossible that Treyarch is going to write in some way of merging these three timelines to have always been the same. But I simply can't see how they could logically accomplish that without ignoring so much of what they've set up. But just like they changed McKay, I really don't have that much faith in them. I'm holding out to see what they say next DLC and the comic, but surely, the evidence definitely does not go only one way.

I have to agree with this, however after DLC 4 I demand treyarch come out and say "this is the story as we wrote it." I am so sick of "could this be...." "no this is ......" "well logic and evidence blah blah blah." I wanna hear what treyarch was shooting for cause time travel and other dimensions is confusing. for instance why didnt we have the keepers in BO1? or BO2? why now? i want to hear points and confirmed info once this is over. from what I have gathered thanx to @MrRoflWaffles interview with jason, "we plan on putting brackets around the last 8 years of zombies history after DLC 4." if he means a standalone game with all the maps included, i will not buy it. i already have all the maps i dont care if they are HD. however if zombies continue i still demand a confirmation on info because we are shooting in the dark in some cases. for instance is maccain dead? i doubt he was in the map after they fell. but I do not know (xbox :( )

40 minutes ago, Tac said:

@MysteryMachineX He didn't say nothing was being changed, he said 'things aren't just being changed,' but also added to.

@Tac Ah sorry, I didn't see the "just". I apologize.

But it does raise a question. If we are given new information, what does or does not apply to the old timeline? Like the new character in Gorod Krovi I mentioned. Was she that way in both timelines or just this new one? I don't think we can know for sure.

@Cotun50 I understand how you feel. But I personally don't take any stock in what a developer says. If the say they want something in the story, then put pen to paper and make it happen. Don't just talk about it.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, MysteryMachineX said:

But it does raise a question. If we are given new information, what does or does not apply to the old timeline? Like the new character in Gorod Krovi I mentioned. Was she that way in both timelines or just this new one? I don't think we can know for sure.

@Cotun50 I understand how you feel. But I personally don't take any stock in what a developer says. If the say they want something in the story, then put pen to paper and make it happen. Don't just talk about it.

My personal rule of thumb has been to apply pretty much all of it to the original unless it simply doesn't make sense. We know Maxis was human in the original, and to have feelings for Sophia if she was a computer strikes me as too weird to accept, so I go with human in one and robot in the other. I 100% concede that we don't know for sure, and don't want to claim we do, but I take these universes as being much more similar than different and look to apply the same things across both when I can.

15 minutes ago, Tac said:

My personal rule of thumb has been to apply pretty much all of it to the original unless it simply doesn't make sense. We know Maxis was human in the original, and to have feelings for Sophia if she was a computer strikes me as too weird to accept, so I go with human in one and robot in the other. I 100% concede that we don't know for sure, and don't want to claim we do, but I take these universes as being much more similar than different and look to apply the same things across both when I can.

Well by the logic of trying to keep the same when we can, couldn't we just say she was machine in both? I mean, Maxis of all people might be interested in a machine? It's not like he ever tried to act physically on such emotions. (I don't think this personally. I'm just kinda pointing out the oppositional way of thinking)

Then there's things like all the new wonder weapons and technology and dragons and experiments and DG-4 and soooooo much stuff in the new timeline. Do we apply it to the old? For example, in the original timeline, we never heard of Zetsubou No Shima ever existing. And in the new timeline, we never heard of Kino der Toten ever existing. So does that confine Kino to original and Zetsubou to new? I'd lean towards saying yes. At the very least, I'd say that Kino may or may not exist in the new timeline, but we know absolutely nothing of it. Same for Zetsubou in the original. Of course, anything after Richtofen's intervention (like Groph and Group 935 and the continuing of World War II(I)) is probably exclusive to the new timeline.

• Administrators

Logo changes are mostly irrelevant in this context, really. I don't know if you've been keeping up with the ciphers and such, but as I pointed out earlier, we are getting more confirmation all the time that the Keepers are, if not a faction of, the Vril Ya. Different though very similar emblems only would indicate different sub-factions of the Keepers.

Outside of the box, however, Treyarch has been very deliberately spacing themselves from the Nazi lore and symbology. Recall that Group 935's symbol has repeatedly changed, yet it is still Group 935.

935 BO1.png935 BO3.png

935 Origins.png935 WAW.png

5 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

if you dont take any stock in what a developer says, when the post was about confirming info, then why would you care about a story? I mean what I am asking for is for us to say for instance, "was sophia ever human?" and treyarch say: "yes she was human but her mind was placed into a machine" its not about adding or removing or changing anything. its about treyarch confirming info. that way we dont have a game where we have to constantly ask "so did this actually happen?" hell i would love even a book on everything (not the comic book, but like a whole page book on the story).

5 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

Well by the logic of trying to keep the same when we can, couldn't we just say she was machine in both? I mean, Maxis of all people might be interested in a machine? It's not like he ever tried to act physically on such emotions. (I don't think this personally. I'm just kinda pointing out the oppositional way of thinking)

Then there's things like all the new wonder weapons and technology and dragons and experiments and DG-4 and soooooo much stuff in the new timeline. Do we apply it to the old? For example, in the original timeline, we never heard of Zetsubou No Shima ever existing. And in the new timeline, we never heard of Kino der Toten ever existing. So does that confine Kino to original and Zetsubou to new? I'd lean towards saying yes. At the very least, I'd say that Kino may or may not exist in the new timeline, but we know absolutely nothing of it. Same for Zetsubou in the original. Of course, anything after Richtofen's intervention (like Groph and Group 935 and the continuing of World War II(I)) is probably exclusive to the new timeline.

I kinda wish we have more explanation on these things. I mean like the nova crawlers. SOME speculate they are NOT nova crawlers. They are apothican/zombies due to 935 experiments. which is CRAZY. their is a post on that too.

Archived