Did Anyone Play Extinction or Exo Zombies?

I skipped them, but not because I didn't like them. I just don't find the need to buy a CoD every year. I just stick with Treyarch games because of that. What I did play of Extinction and Exo-Zombies, I did enjoy. I won't be getting Infinite Warfare, but I'm sure I'll enjoy there zombies when I give it a go.

I did play Extinction. Advanced Warfare Zombies is below me. The gameplay looked terrible, the maps were bland and the characters were way too edgy. 

Extinction was fun, even when I played a year after it's release. I enjoyed the idea, and the gameplay was a lot of fun. It felt a lot more challenging than anything in Black Ops 2. The survival aspect was great and it genuinely was hard when I had just started out. Even after leveling up, the challenge remained.

I encourage you to try it. However, with Ghosts not being received well with the community I doubt people will still be played it. Solo isn't all that bad, but having people to rely on makes it all the better.

I played exo-zombies (only the first map though) and... I just didn't like it... Maybe I'm too used to how things are in BO3 zombies, but there's a lot what bothered me on exo-zombies.

First of all... there was too much different types of enemies. Like every round was a special round. While it may keep things interesting, but it just didn't feel like how zombies should be.

The upgrading system was kinda meh... Upgrading once did only a minor enhancement and you could upgrade a total of like 20 times or something...

I think the later maps would have been better but I just disliked the first one so much I didn't bother to waste my money on more dlc...

I never played any Extinction map beyond Point of Contact and that was enough for me. It was fun but lacked longevity for me personally. I did invest in all 4 Exo-Zombie maps though and although a lot of fun to play the game-mode in general was extremely flawed in many areas.

If you own Advanced Warfare and are a big fan of zombies I would recommend buying the first map at least and give it a bash but if you don't already own the game then I would not recommend investing in it just to get the game-mode.

• Administrators

Exo-Zombies gameplay-wise wasn't really all that bad. I know Sledgehammer tried their best to follow in the footsteps of Treyarch's Zombies, with the story concept, "wonder weapons", and intricate side quests.

Unfortunately, it was pretty lackluster because they just couldn't figure out how to ramp themselves up while distinguishing their mode as its own marvel. The story elevated into DLC 3 but it was too late - nothing about it kept the player wanting to learn more about the outbreak and what entailed afterwards.

The quests were just very odd to do in terms of steps, and the final "rewards" weren't all that wonderful either. I will give them credit though, because their steps were pretty puzzle-like which made completing it feel like...like an actual quest up until near the end?

If anything, the mode is overall hectic. Which I personally enjoyed a lot because it always forced you to stay on your toes. You could still train around like any other Zombies-esque game; however, their AI movement was very irregular and some zombies like the EMP-zombies made is 20x harder to navigate the same way all the time. Because of this, you really had to plan out your exit strategies if shit hit the fan.

Overall, could definitely use more work. But if Sledgehammer chooses to make another Exo-Zombies, they need to do more studying.

• Like 1

I'd like to add that I'm really disappointed that we're getting zombies every year now. I has been hoping to see a revamped Extinction Mode, what with space being the new frontier for the game, it would have been awesome. Hopefully Infinity Ward's zombies is as fun as Extinction was.

I completely skipped Advanced Warfare and only played Ghosts for a little bit, but I really enjoyed my time in Extinction, even if it was only the first map. I thought the different classes were a nice touch for different playstyles to synergize with each other. I had an absolute blast playing with people like Way, Boom, and Grill.