The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Neanesis said:

@mralways1 well i did 15^^ but it's nearly impossible to go 16, you need pure luck to do that^^

i don't think this challenge will dig space between players^^

Dang really?? Where did you chill for spawns that fast? I could barely get to 13... I got to 12 outside Station B and to 13 at the Skull hub area with the trials.

Also, who else has Monday off and will be banging out next week's challenge on President's day? :769:

9 hours ago, KINGXXOFXXCOD said:

For my video I submitted for challenge 2 in the beginning I started a game and then stopped and restarted a game so I could time it, which is why my video of the submission is 19 minutes long. I stopped at 15 minutes when I played the second game.

Yea I talked a little at the end of mine so hopefully he will see the time and not just look at the round I was on at the end of the video.

• Administrators

Complete assimilation for this dimension has been achieved.

3f81831a27ccb415eaa2ab9fb0ecc8e5.png

@mralways1 continues to take the lead, barely scraping by the onslaught of the Apothicons! Will anyone dare to climb out of this twisted, corrupted realm with him?

Challenge #3: Arcadium

Mode: Standard

Map: Dead Ops 2 Arcade

Type: Solo

Power: N/A

Gobblegums: N/A

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

The Shadow Man has had enough of the survivors'...survival. In an attempt to bring them deeper into the cool warmth of the Apothicon sun, he as banished the remaining slayers in a corrupted digital world of the undead. Who knows what will befall these warriors...

Bring it on old school by taking refuge in the revamped arcade mode, Dead Ops 2 Arcade. Only this time, slayers are limits in assistance from the lack of Ancients.

Rules:

• Speed Boost and Nuke abilities are NOT allowed to be used throughout the entire duration of the game.
  • Power drops in-game that act automatically (such as bird partner or chopper or teddy bears) ARE allowed.
  • Second life mans are acceptable (if obtained).
  • The furthest wave reached wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials February 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end February 25th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

3f81831a27ccb415eaa2ab9fb0ecc8e5.png

@mralways1 continues to take the lead, barely scraping by the onslaught of the Apothicons! Will anyone dare to climb out of this twisted, corrupted realm with him?

Challenge #3: Arcadium

Mode: Standard

Map: Dead Ops 2 Arcade

Power: N/A

Description: 

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end February 25th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

Oh no... never played this lol

the second rule 

• Power drops in-game that act automatically (such as bird partner or chopper or teddy bears).

is allowed or not ?? cause if not it's impossible to play^^' the gameplay is already hard to understand enough, if we need to be carefull to what we pick up it will be a real pain in the ass^^'

@andydabeast i go between round 1 and 2 in the trap zone with the box and stay here all the time. with haymaker and lasergun or drakon. it's risky but worth it :D (you also need chance for the spider round, later you have them farter you can go^^)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Neanesis said:

the second rule 

• Power drops in-game that act automatically (such as bird partner or chopper or teddy bears).

is allowed or not ?? cause if not it's impossible to play^^' the gameplay is already hard to understand enough, if we need to be carefull to what we pick up it will be a real pain in the ass^^'

@andydabeast i go between round 1 and 2 in the trap zone with the box and stay here all the time. with haymaker and lasergun or drakon. it's risky but worth it :D (you also need chance for the spider round, later you have them farter you can go^^)

Whoops! Slight typo, power drops are allowed to be collected. If they require manual use (i.e. Nukes or speed boosts), then obviously not allowed. Because like you said, can't really avoid that. ?

i juste think about a problem.... the 13 mars i'il go to the army for 5 months and i don't know if i will be able to play at all... sorry x(@neanesis try to convince the army that zombie killing is the highest level of advanced covert training

It says Dead Ops 2 Arcade, so I am assuming it is the one in Black Ops 3 because that is the second one, correct?

Yes, black ops 3
On 24/02/2017 at 3:17 AM, andydabeast said:

So... what are people getting? I know I suck at DOA but is 13 that bad?

begining of the week: i dunno, i have play doa2 like 4 times x( and i was going to the race round before stopping so ^^' 

now: i did 27 but my friends can go 40 easy (they have one millions hours of play or something close xD) 

11 hours ago, Neanesis said:

begining of the week: i dunno, i have play doa2 like 4 times x( and i was going to the race round before stopping so ^^' 

now: i did 27 but my friends can go 40 easy (they have one millions hours of play or something close xD) 

Well looks like I am out for this month haha. 

We can probably assume that the next challenge will start on the 5th and next week is signup week. I hope to do better in March. Glad DOA is out of the way. Please for the love of cheese don't do a challenge with DOA1  :sweat48:

EDIT: did not realize we only did three challenges this month. I guess we can expect the last one to start tomorrow! 

9 hours ago, Neanesis said:

i just hope mralways1 don't play Doa2 much because you can easily do some critical score x) i don't want to be leave in the dust by someone ^^

I think i did almost 20, but I forget. There is tricks to it, like after rd15 just round all the zombies up, and collect the coins (coins will continue to spawn) til you have max lives (9). I don't and never had the patience for doa

• Administrators

d524d9853e3b46485b0fbe3f12ed8fe2.png

Despite @Neanesis having already clinched January's month, he hasn't let his guard down by showing the other slayers how you REALLY take down the Apothicons! @KINGXXOFXXCOD comes trailing in hopes to become the February leader! @mralways1 stepped a few inches down, but will he make it back into the top? @andydabeast holds onto that Quick Revive bottle, as he clings on as the wildcard!

Challenge Results:

1. @Neanesis - Round 27
  2. @KINGXXOFXXCOD - Round 26
  3. @mralways1 - Round 17
  4. @andydabeast & @RJP219 - Round 13

Challenge #4: Winter of the Dead

Mode: Powerless

Map: Call of the Dead

Power: No

Description: 

The end is nigh for the wrath of the Apothicons...at least in this dimension. In one final twist, the Shadow Man has unleashed a winter fury among the remaining survivors, abandoned in the freezing tundra. Is this where they will meet their end?

Players will attempt to survive the icy desolation only known as Call of the Dead. As part of the final challenge, slayers will need to bring their A-game on if they plan on becoming February's Champion.

Rules:

• Power is NOT allowed.
  • Quick Revive IS allowed this time around, for all 3 attempts.
  • All weapons (including the Mystery Box) are okay.
  • Killing George Romero for the Wunderwaffe and/or extra perks is permitted.
  • Attempting the Easter Egg (completing it, really) is NOT allowed.
  • The furthest round reached wins.

The challenge will end March 4th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Despite @Neanesis having already clinched January's month, he hasn't let his guard down by showing the other slayers how you REALLY take down the Apothicons! @KINGXXOFXXCOD comes trailing in hopes to become the February leader! @mralways1 stepped a few inches down, but will he make it back into the top? @andydabeast holds onto that Quick Revive bottle, as he clings on as the wildcard!

Challenge Results:

1. @Neanesis - Round 27
  3. @mralways1 - Round 17

Description: 

The challenge will end March 4th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

@mralways1 so I need to get 10 rounds higher than you to tie for third... Not sure that will happen lol. 

So how will March signup work? 

On 2/27/2017 at 3:48 AM, InfestLithium said:

Challenge Results:

1. @Neanesis - Round 27
  3. @mralways1 - Round 17

Description: 

Bump for March signup? To get 4 challenges in March the first should start this Sunday.

Also, In my three attempts on COTD the first perk I got was staminup all three tries from killing george... So I don't have a great score haha. 

• Administrators

@andydabeast Good idea mate!

I'll have registration opened up asap.

UPDATE: Registration for March is live! Registration will be closed March 5th, 217 @ 11:59pm PST. I know that's very little time, but I should've made registration happen earlier. I'll have the link blasted on the CoDz Twitter.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/NZWbHuZLzd

• Administrators

Complete assimilation of this dimension has been achieved.

f10e8c7b809f755d9e1ebdc340fbc067.png

Surprisingly, only a few slayers decided to do Challenge #4, and it yielded a big turnaround! Despite the harrowing destruction that the Apothicons have put the slayers through, @mralways1 claims the crown as the February 2017 Champion! Way to go friendo!

Trailing in 2nd place, @KINGXXOFXXCOD pulled through with 49 total points for the challenge. Can he claim next month's crown though?

In 3rd, @andydabeast refuses to remain the wildcard as he yanks the 3rd place spot.

As this month's wildcard, @RJP219 clings on for dear life! Let's see if he can make a comeback next month.

In TRUE 2nd place, @Neanesis lets the other slayers know how to slay with a total of 50 points. If had gotten 1st place again, a juicy Divinium boost would've went his way - next time, bud!

Challenge Results:

1. @mralways1 - Round 20
  2. @andydabeast - Round 10

The next challenge will be posted Monday, once registration has officially closed for the month of March. It appears that a new rag-tag crew will come in to save the day...

Archived