The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rendering now, only got to Round 13, but I'm incredibly surprised at my Thief luck. Usually I don't take him down, but my first encounter I had a left over Death Machine I just barely killed with before I lost it. Kinda sad I got the Bonfire Sale in a challenge where I couldn't use it :cry48:. Then I damaged him enough the second time to actually get his hurt running animation (which I've honestly not seen up close before). He got away, but if I had played a little more smartly I think I could've got him.

28 minutes ago, mralways1 said:

Wonder if everyone ran the com-room with the Remington or if someone had a different strat

Haha I totally did this (with the MP5k as well). If someone does the run in the basement I applaud them, I couldn't deal with Nova 6 Crawlers all the time. I guess also running up top and utilizing the traps could be pretty decent, but unless you have the Awful Lawton or Monkey's, it's just a lot safer to stay on the 2nd Floor.

7 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

Rendering now, only got to Round 13, but I'm incredibly surprised at my Thief luck. Usually I don't take him down, but my first encounter I had a left over Death Machine I just barely killed with before I lost it. Kinda sad I got the Bonfire Sale in a challenge where I couldn't use it :cry48:. Then I damaged him enough the second time to actually get his hurt running animation (which I've honestly not seen up close before). He got away, but if I had played a little more smartly I think I could've got him.

Haha I totally did this (with the MP5k as well). If someone does the run in the basement I applaud them, I couldn't deal with Nova 6 Crawlers all the time. I guess also running up top and utilizing the traps could be pretty decent, but unless you have the Awful Lawton or Monkey's, it's just a lot safer to stay on the 2nd Floor.

the thief is pretty easy for me, i kill it each time until i died round 32 x) if everyone is ok with this we can share our links (or the admin post them) ;) and yeah i was using the remington as well same for the mp5 but i was also using the ak74u^^ 

It is possible to run in the basement ? the spawns are to chaotique for me^^

40 minutes ago, mralways1 said:

@neanesis he must be hinting towards the next challenge. Round 10 is only impossible at a place where rounds dont exist..... nml!

challenge accepted :P if the custom is allowed i know some map where to pass the round 5 is already a good job^^

and it's a bit off topic but i'm curious about the olympic zombie, but i didn't find any topic about it on the forum^^'

i smell a shi no numa challenge in the mud without perk only with the knife haha^^

challenge accepted :P if the custom is allowed i know some map where to pass the round 5 is already a good job^^

and it's a bit off topic but i'm curious about the olympic zombie, but i didn't find any topic about it on the forum^^'

i smell a shi no numa challenge in the mud without perk only with the knife haha^^

My - Olympic Champion - title was from the 1st CoDZ Olympics and is from the co-op division. The Trials didn't exist back then. If you lost, you were out. Adding the Trials portion to it gives more of an average score which makes it 100x better!

• Administrators

And like a bullet train, Challenge #3 is now complete!

This is definitely a difficult challenge, and proved to be very tough despite having perks and (some) weapons available to slayers! The chaos that ensued has changed up the ranking going into our next challenge:

9c68ba32012b3561a749ebfecb292187.png

@Neanesis remains in the lead, taking this challenge down with a whopping 32 rounds under their belt! That's no easy feat!

@mralways1 has come up in the ranks, now sitting right underneath at 2nd place thus far!

@Rissole25 started from the bottom, and now he's here within the Top 4! Let's hope you can keep yourself up there for long, friendo!

To end the first every Ancient Trials tournament with a bang, the Overlords have decided to lay down a fan-favorite challenge that could only spell certain destruction (and madness).

Challenge #4: No Man's Land

Mode: No Man's Land (UNIQUE)

Map: No Man's Land [Moon]

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: N/A

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

There is no end to this beginning. Only death. The question is, will you be the reckoning force against the endless waves of the undead in this overrun Area 51 facility?

By popular demand, the Overlords have chosen to send slayers to Area 51's infamous "No Man's Land" - a land filled with consistently aggravating undead who know no end to the slaughter. Armed only with your M1911 and your hunting knife, you'll have to get crafty on ridding these freakbags.

Rules:

• Power is allowed.
  • Teleporting to Moon is not allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is allowed.
  • Speed Cola or Juggernog is allowed; whichever the player uses for their challenge.
  • The most number of kills netted by the end of the match wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials January 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end January 28th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Overlords guide you through the Aether!

Archived