The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Administrators

I made a smal error on my part.

If you reported a score on Challonge but did not send the video via Google Form, your score will NOT count. I didn't realize that the setting was turned off.

As a result, everyone has until 5pm PST tonight to submit your final results. If I do not have them in that form result folder, it will be as if you never completed the challenge.

And no, messaging us via Twitter your submission does NOT count.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Challenge #1 is now complete.

In a double-edged situation, the Ancients were thoroughly disappointed with the lack of participants who registered for the first challenge and did not submit their results correctly (if at all). As a result, they have decided to purge any player who does not show for the second challenge from this month's tournament.

On a brighter note, we have thus concluded the end of the "Iron Dragon" challenge with 4 new leaders:

50635b9c0adc20c93ccdd51a0934af44.png

Congratulations to @Neanesis (excuse the misspelling, it has been fixed in the tournament sheet) for taking the lead with a whopping 38 rounds on this Russian Roulette challenge! Slayers still have a chance to take the lead to clinch this month's division. Only the top 3 slayers from each month will get into the Olympics, with the wildcards (4th seeds) of each tournament fighting for second redemption into the Olympics. How wunder wa!

With the end of this challenge, the Ancients have now set forth this week's next trial:

Challenge #2: City of Evil

Mode: Powerless

Map: Shadows of Evil

Type: Solo

Power: No

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

Only the cursed survive...

Slayers found in this damned version of Morg City must learn to survive the atrocities of the Apothicons and the undead without the aid of power. Perk machines are not allowed as a result of this challenge. All weapons available are allowed within this map, and no Gobblegums. Traps are allowed within this challenge where useable. Using the Beast/Curse mode is also not allowed. Shooting the Shadow Man for round changes at the beginning of the match is considering exploitation, and is not allowed whatsoever.

As of right now, the tournament (and this challenge) has begun. To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials January 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The second challenge will end January 14th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Overlords guide you through the Aether!

17 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Gobblegums: Yes (excluding Perkaholic)

Description: 

So no power can be activated to any object, including stairs and doors? If stairs and doors are allowed then we can open pap but pap would not be allowed even though it is powered?

Also, did the Sheva Trial #1 from last year for fun and get to wave 10 :-)

I just figured it meant that we aren't allowed to zip any of the electric generators on the map. Which would leave all perks turned off and would leave gate into the ruby rabbit, nero's room and the burlesque permanently closed. If that's the case, we would never be able to do those rituals and so no pack-a-punch would be available. BUT - if the only gobblegum banned is perkaholic, there are others which would still allow you to have all the perks on the map PLUS 2 double paped guns. 3 double paped guns if you wanted, I suppose.

5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

I made a smal error on my part.

If you reported a score on Challonge but did not send the video via Google Form, your score will NOT count. I didn't realize that the setting was turned off.

As a result, everyone has until 5pm PST tonight to submit your final results. If I do not have them in that form result folder, it will be as if you never completed the challenge.

And no, messaging us via Twitter your submission does NOT count.

I didn't look at this until now. And didn't show proof because it never asked for it. That and my opponent never posted a score anyways. Still too late to send it for proof?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, andydabeast said:

So no power can be activated to any object, including stairs and doors? If stairs and doors are allowed then we can open pap but pap would not be allowed even though it is powered?

Also, did the Sheva Trial #1 from last year for fun and get to wave 10 :-)

Correct, no power at all is allowed. This means the volt meters are inaccessible.

7 hours ago, ruskinhood said:

I just figured it meant that we aren't allowed to zip any of the electric generators on the map. Which would leave all perks turned off and would leave gate into the ruby rabbit, nero's room and the burlesque permanently closed. If that's the case, we would never be able to do those rituals and so no pack-a-punch would be available. BUT - if the only gobblegum banned is perkaholic, there are others which would still allow you to have all the perks on the map PLUS 2 double paped guns. 3 double paped guns if you wanted, I suppose.

No Gobblegums allowed now, good point! Instead of specifying which GGs were okay, I just figure for this challenge to make them not available whatsoever. Should mean for a quicker challenge anyways.

7 hours ago, Strayhawk said:

I didn't look at this until now. And didn't show proof because it never asked for it. That and my opponent never posted a score anyways. Still too late to send it for proof?

Unfortunately, the deadline was til Saturday midnight. I offered the extension an extra few hour as well to allow more leeway but what's done is done. You can still enter the remaining challenges and hopefully land enough of a high score to get into the higher rankings.

8 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Challenge #1 is now complete.

In a double-edged situation, the Ancients were thoroughly disappointed with the lack of participants who registered for the first challenge and did not submit their results correctly (if at all). As a result, they have decided to purge any player who does not show for the second challenge from this month's tournament.

On a brighter note, we have thus concluded the end of the "Iron Dragon" challenge with 4 new leaders:

50635b9c0adc20c93ccdd51a0934af44.png

Congratulations to @Neanesis (excuse the misspelling, it has been fixed in the tournament sheet) for taking the lead with a whopping 38 rounds on this Russian Roulette challenge! Slayers still have a chance to take the lead to clinch this month's division. Only the top 3 slayers from each month will get into the Olympics, with the wildcards (4th seeds) of each tournament fighting for second redemption into the Olympics. How wunder wa!

With the end of this challenge, the Ancients have now set forth this week's next trial:

Gobblegums: Yes (excluding Perkaholic)

Description: 

As of right now, the tournament (and this challenge) has begun. To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The second challenge will end January 14th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

So shield is ok ?
can we use the mega that give us one perk ? it will be better if we don't involve the mega cause it will be easy to have all we want   edit^^'

well, i have done round 35 with the rules on my first try... i think you will change them after watching the vidéo^^'  is using the civil protector is allowed ? cause it's not link to the power so it's ok for the rules but it's a cheated asset ! with him and the shield i can easily do a round 50^^' 

can i link the rediff of my live ? so i don't have to download,make a cut and upload again ?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Neanesis said:

well, i have done round 35 with the rules on my first try... i think you will change them after watching the vidéo^^'  is using the civil protector is allowed ? cause it's not link to the power so it's ok for the rules but it's a cheated asset ! with him and the shield i can easily do a round 50^^' 

can i link the rediff of my live ? so i don't have to download,make a cut and upload again ?

Perhaps I should've made it more redefined...let's assume that going into Beast Mode is not allowed. Because that generally is used for either 2 things: turning on power or opening the Rift. 

Therefore, no enabling the Curse whatsoever.

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Perhaps I should've made it more redefined...let's assume that going into Beast Mode is not allowed. Because that generally is used for either 2 things: turning on power or opening the Rift. 

Therefore, no enabling the Curse whatsoever.

ok, without the beast mode we cannot acces the underground so no civil protector either ^^  
with this i estimate my game around round 20 :D (if the box don't go underground... it will be painfull if she does ^^')

one other rule you can add, we cannot shoot the shadowman in the begining of the game ;)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Neanesis said:

ok, without the beast mode we cannot acces the underground so no civil protector either ^^  
with this i estimate my game around round 20 :D (if the box don't go underground... it will be painfull if she does ^^')

one other rule you can add, we cannot shoot the shadowman in the begining of the game ;)

Definitely a good point! Of course, that would be exploiting. 

Hopefully people will will read this topic throughly.

• Administrators

Due to some errors on my part for not being totally up-to-date with rule changes (and lack up consistent updating to the first page of this thread), I've decided that all slayers who competed in this challenge will receive an automatic 20 as their score. Some people were keeping tabs on all the changes made on this thread (props to you guys), and others were not aware of said changes and submitted their results with the original rules.

To be fair to all players, each slayer got the same score in order to progress into the next round. I apologize on our behalf for this, despite the amount of shouts we made via Twitter and on here. Next time, I'll make sure to email everyone the changes via Challonge accounts. I am now going to be updating the first page post with ALL the challenges, including a current challenge area so players can easily find it.

Also, all slayers who did not correct send (if they even sent anything) their results for the last 2 challenges are purged from this month's tournament. It just clutters up the scoreboard and makes it more difficult to report scores on Challonge. As of right now, there are officially 11 ACTIVE slayers in this dimension.

As a result, the standings remain the same as before:

dd66183f1ea067d3189f8329148a352b.png

@Neanesis remains in the lead for this competition, with only 9 points being the difference. Some folks have also come into the tournament after not submitting their Challenge #1 video, so good luck to you late contestants! There is still a chance to come into the Top 4 in the last 2 challenges, so be very careful!

Now onto the 3rd challenge of our January tournament...a real big, bad, bruiser of a match!

Challenge #3: Defcon 5

Mode: Old School

Map: FIVE

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: N/A

Description: 

The Pentagon is under attack. Stop the source of the infection with power on critical.

You'll need to get your grits and big boy/girl pants on, as well as your clearance badge. Slayers who passed the first half of the tournament will venture into Black Ops' FIVE map, now gifted with power once more. Except this time, it's a fight to survive.

Rules:

• Power is allowed.
  • Mystery Box is not allowed to be hit.
  • Pack-a-Punch is not allowed. This includes the VIP room that contains it.
  • All perks minus Quick Revive are allowed.
  • Elevators are allowed to be used, as well as traps.

As of right now, the tournament (and this challenge) has begun. To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

The challenge will end January 21st at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

4 hours ago, overpoweredgamers said:

if u did get 20 !!! thats inpressive bro still the prof is in the puddin if theres no puddin left mmmm

i did 23 but i was aiming for 25 ^^ i'm curious as well for the score of all the slayers (for research purpose only :P)

Woow, Five :D Muhahahaha i love this map !!! but without PAP it will be hardcore to kill the thief x)

Archived