The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Administrators
4 hours ago, SecktoR said:

But then how do you show proof?  Pics video? 

Videos. You can use YouTube, Twitch, a cellphone, toaster, whatever means necessary to record your match. The challenges will be difficult and quite challenging, so the matches will be short.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

The Arena has chosen its first set of heroes.

Welcome to the 1st challenge of the New Year, fellow slayers. As we venture into unknown territory that awaits exciting yet dangerous adventures, the Overlords have selected 44 survivors for this month's tournament. To kick things off into high gear, they have chosen the following challenge to determine who is the best slayer of this realm.

The Iron Dragon

Mode: Russian Roulette

Map: Der Eisendrache

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

Take the forefront of the mysterious Group 935 castle as you fend off the horde in what is to be a suicide mission.

Players must survive for as long as possible in Der Eisendrache using only the weapon provided in their first Mystery Box hit before Round 5 begins. Wall weapons are not allowed at any point in the game, and only the starting pistol is the acceptable secondary weapon. Ancient Bows, Ragnarok, Shield, and traps (or any abuse of game mechanics revolving around infinite kills) is also not allowed. Pack-a-Punch is allowed to be used for the starting weapon and Mystery Box weapon. The highest round obtainable during the challenge wins.

As of right now, the tournament (and this challenge) has begun. To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials January 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The first challenge will end January 7th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Overlords guide you through the Aether!

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Neanesis said:

Hi, so, only one box per game, but if we hit a wall weapon in the box ? can we use it and buy ammo on the wall ? or we need to make another game ?

(i asking that because i don't want to make a mistake, i'm not native english and misunderstand may occure ^^)

If you pull a wall weapon from the box, you cannot grab ammo for it off the wall. Just assume that you can't touch anything from the wall and you will be fine!

8 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

If you pull a wall weapon from the box, you cannot grab ammo for it off the wall. Just assume that you can't touch anything from the wall and you will be fine!

thanks :) and i wonder that if you hit monkey on your first box you can use the box a second time or it count as a weapon ?

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Welcome to the 1st challenge of the New Year, fellow slayers. As we venture into unknown territory that awaits exciting yet dangerous adventures, the Overlords have selected 44 survivors for this month's tournament. To kick things off into high gear, they have chosen the following challenge to determine who is the best slayer of this realm.

The Iron Dragon

Description: 

As of right now, the tournament (and this challenge) has begun. To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The first challenge will end January 7th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

Ok so my question is what about tram fuses? I could pitentially get mobkey bombs from the tram. Is this acceptable or no? Btw ive chosen to live stream my game as proof on twitch. I hope this is acceptable

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

The Iron Dragon

Description: 

Ok so my question is what about tram fuses? I could pitentially get mobkey bombs from the tram. Is this acceptable or no? Btw ive chosen to live stream my game as proof on twitch. I hope this is acceptable

• Administrators

If you get a Monkey Bomb or anything that isn't necessarily a weapon from the Mystery Box, just reroll until you do, or reset your game. You're submitting your best run so don't feel like you HAVE to upload your first match ever (although we appreciate your integrity!).

Good point about the team fuses! For this challenge, trams fuses are NOT ALLOWED. I'll make sure to add that into the rules.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SecktoR said:

If we choose to live stream or go to YouTube do we have come here and tell you or how will you know 

Since live streaming automatically creates a copy of the stream into a playabale video, you just need to send the video link to us via the Google Form provided above (or in the first page of this thread).

• Administrators
7 hours ago, andydabeast said:

Wow this looks fun. I don't know if I can play every single trial because I may not have time every week, so is it still ok for me to register and just submit my results whenever I have time to play? 

Youre more than welcome to if you're registered! We can't guarantee if you'all hit the Top 3 in the tournament by not playing each trial...but we invite you to experience the fun with other slayers! ?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, KINGXXOFXXCOD said:

I am a little confused. So we play and do whatever the rules are and then submit our full game footage? like if i upload it to youtube I just send the link in?

Yep! As long as you complete the challenge as per rules, then you're golden.

13 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Youre more than welcome to if you're registered! We can't guarantee if you'all hit the Top 3 in the tournament by not playing each trial...but we invite you to experience the fun with other slayers! ?

Unfortunately I did not stumble upon all this until yesterday. It says registration is closed. Am I unable to register at all this year? It would still be fun to compete even if I was not eligible to win. What if I submit results while unregistered? 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, andydabeast said:

Unfortunately I did not stumble upon all this until yesterday. It says registration is closed. Am I unable to register at all this year? It would still be fun to compete even if I was not eligible to win. What if I submit results while unregistered? 

You would have to wait until next month's tournament, as this one is for January. 

You technically cannot send scores in if you haven't registered. If you try to, it won't be put up.

17 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

You would have to wait until next month's tournament, as this one is for January. 

You technically cannot send scores in if you haven't registered. If you try to, it won't be put up.

Ok so when will registration be open for next month? the last week of January or something?

Archived