imprint plant

Hi all i play on the xbox one and lately i cant seem to get an imprint plant to grow in solo i always used to upgrade the kt-4 to the masamune and shoot a seed 3 times with the masamune and get an imprint plant, however the last few times i been on this dont seem to work anymore.

Any help advice greatly appreciated

I always use the blue water - never got any from green or purple...

But if you would get it every time it is too easy... so treyarch put it in that way... so you dont always get an imprint plant .....you should always plant multiple plants

I've found I get it from Purple more often than any other plant. Blue always turns into a fertilised Reward Plant, Green to a fertilised Grabber Plant. The fertilised Purple Plant that attracts zombies spawns a lot less frequently than the Imprint Plant. Of course that is all what I've experienced in-game so far. 

Im hearing reports that it is better to NOT water the seed at all but shoot it with the KT4 each round & that this apparently has a higher probability of generating the imprint plant because the alternative is a bad plant rather than a number of rewards? However hearing you guys above say you have had better results with purple is would likely render this untrue?

1 hour ago, Koslans said:

It's a 1/3 chance or something.

No need for water, but I suggest blue anyway, so you can get rewards in some form or another. 

yes that's what I had read, however I take everything on reddit with an industrial bag of salt, the post had said there was a 33% chance if you didn't use water based on the possible outcomes & that the blue plant reduced your odds of getting one as there were more rewards on offer. As someone who has yet to even create a bloody revive plant I'm very keen to know!

1 hour ago, Smok3y said:

yes that's what I had read, however I take everything on reddit with an industrial bag of salt, the post had said there was a 33% chance if you didn't use water based on the possible outcomes & that the blue plant reduced your odds of getting one as there were more rewards on offer. As someone who has yet to even create a bloody revive plant I'm very keen to know!

I think you got it right. I assume that adding water decreases the chance of getting the special plant,
but I don't mind finding a max ammo or any other rewards.

I love the zombies that jump of as well, hahaha.

As it is based on chance, I don't mind giving it a few tries. But overall, you're likely to get one with the three seeds you can carry. 

I've never been on Reddit, but I've looked it up on Youtube and this is pretty much what others experience.

If Glitching Queen agrees, it must be true for the most part. She seemed pretty well informed about the previous maps as well. 

I have never had an imprint plant from anything other than blue water, so it seems everybody is getting mixed results! I find the easiest thing to do is grow multiple blue plants when trying to obtain the aa bullet. If I grow 6 blue plants and shoot every round with the kt-4, I always seem to get 2 imprint plants.

@Smok3y, @Koslans It seems that there may be no guaranteed way to obtain the plant, but I think it's more likely that using no water has a lower chance. With the regular blue, purple and green plants, watering all 3 rounds will guarantee what the plant will be, watering once may give you the desired plant but could give you anything. So if people are getting results from using kt-4 shots and the same water 3 times on a plant, I would say that is the most likely way to get one but they can be obtained from no water with kt-4 shots as if you don't water every round they are random.

For what its worth, I finally got round to growing my first imprint plant last night. Although everyone was suggesting use water, I stuck without any water & shot each round for 3 rounds with the KT4 (Not masamune). I grew 3 plants at once. Of the 3, 2 became imprint, go figure.

Hm... i think the problem most people have here is that its a little glitchy if you water and shot the kt4 sometimes the shot is not count.... so always double check if it hits correctly... 

But if you only want to do the easter egg use always blue water so you should have a winwin ;)

24 minutes ago, Smok3y said:

For what its worth, I finally got round to growing my first imprint plant last night. Although everyone was suggesting use water, I stuck without any water & shot each round for 3 rounds with the KT4 (Not masamune). I grew 3 plants at once. Of the 3, 2 became imprint, go figure.

I'm going to try your method later when I get on, I still haven't managed to grow one of these yet.