DLC 3 Do's & Don'ts

Speculations puts DLC 3 right after E3 and that means a mid June release.  This, however, is not a thread to discuss when DLC 3 will drop, but rather, what you would like to see Treyarch add/subtract from the franchise.  My expectations of the new map packs are as follows:

1. Loved the new swimming mechanics.  Worked as well as I could have ever hoped for and was extremeley pleased.  This is definitely on the keep/exspand list of features that I would love to see in the new DLC.
  2. Large zombie antogonist (Panzer Soldat, Margwa, or Thrasher).  This is an annoying yet necessary piece to the puzzle that makes zombies appealing to me, but I think that they could be a little less difficult to deal with and maybe spawn in more often.  To many times, I am left waiting for the Panzer Soldat to get my helmet or needing that Thrasher to complete my rituals.  A little less on the difficulty and produce a higher spawn rate would be my ideal.
  3. Building the Wonder Weapon.  I am all for building/creating the wonder weapons rather than just getting them from the box by blind luck.  However, I would like it to be in a more Easter Egg type of build instead of just "open this door, pick up this item"  I think a combination of Der Eisendrache/Mob of the Dead activities along with an achievment or two would make the Wonder Weapon more difficult to achieve and thus, making it more of a "Wonder" weapon.  Let me work a bit to get the best weapon/most needed weapon in the game.
  4. Boss Fights.  This is starting to seem like they are shoving things to do in the end for the sake of doing them.  In Der Eisendrache, did we capture the Keepers Soul in the Summoning Key, or are we assuming that we did?  Why could we have not just put the damn thing in and blow the moon up without fighting it?  I would like to see a little more relevance in these boss fights.  I am still confused in Zetsubou No Shima.  Was Takeo a tree monster that we freed from the grasp of element 115 or was that the dungeon master charged with his imprisonment?  It just feels to thrown together for me as if almost a last effort to stopping us from completing the EE.
  5. Back to the Wonder Weapon.  Only produce one!!!  Can you imagine running around Acsencion with 4 Thunder Guns?  I think not.  We went to free Takeo with three KT4's.  To Easy.
  6. Bring back Elemental Staffs, Bows, Swords, Guns, or something with the seperate to-do's.  I loved these weapons.  If we are making the Boss fight harder, this is a necessary element.  The trick is finding a way to acomplish their upgrades at about the time you will be ready to fight the boss.  This will not give you the power of thunder and lightning on round ten, make zombies more of an annoyance than a threat.  If we do not have a Wonder Weapon, this elemental builds like in origins are my got to weapons.
  7. Bring in the Nuketown Random perks in a map and let them include all perks available in the Wonderfizz Orb Machine.  This will kick up the fun level a bit.

Any other ideas would be much apprieciated.  Let your mind go wild!!!!

• Like 1

I hope if we need to do again things like the gateworms or the skulls it should be a shared inventory - playing with randoms in soe before they maked a shared inventory was pain... and in zns the same with the skulls... why you do this treyarch?

I would love to see an easter egg which you can complete on solo again

Thats all i want... no problems with mid bosses 

And pls dont make steps like the zipline again.... i dont get it why we die after we fell down - we survive so many things like jumping from a rooftop but die if we land in water like from 10 feet

• Moderators

May the next DLC be in Stalingrad, would that be the perfect opportunity for Treyarch to make a grey, dark and creepy map. However Zetsubou No Shima takes place in a colourfull, exotic jungle, it is till now the creepiest map in BO3. Imagine how a place like Stalingrad would look like if they decide to make another map creepy. And something I miss since BO1: Special zombies! We've had Nova6-crawlers, shrieker zombies, sprinting zombies and exploding zombies. And then it stopped. I like the special round enemies such as spiders and the bosses (a little less) such as thrashers, but I miss the special zombies which suddenly appear in the middle of a normal round. And also a backstory of the enemies, like there was of Maxis' Nova6-experiments or Yuri's Spacemonkeys

Shangri-La's Shrieker and Fire Zombies were a pain.  They were the original Panzers and Thrashers.  Der Eisendrache has similar zombies, however they are not very prominent in the game(which is sad because it would have meade it a little richer I think).  I am with you on back story and I think DLC 3 is the perfect place for all that.  Afterall, there is something that we must do before taking care of Nikoli Belinski.

@anonymous How would you feel about a map that breaks all the rules and goes off on a tangent.  Where we are fighting against the actual humans responsible for furthering the zombie outbreak.  We could go and attempt to stop the outbreak, but fail and they all "TURN", marking a great second coming of sorts.  It would show depth in a way that, no matter the time line we are in, there has been other attempts that have failed.  That would be cool I think.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JJMFP said:

@anonymous How would you feel about a map that breaks all the rules and goes off on a tangent.  Where we are fighting against the actual humans responsible for furthering the zombie outbreak.  We could go and attempt to stop the outbreak, but fail and they all "TURN", marking a great second coming of sorts.  It would show depth in a way that, no matter the time line we are in, there has been other attempts that have failed.  That would be cool I think.

I would keep the zombies as main enemies, and Stalingrad would be an ideal place for Group935 to show the Allies theirlatest invented creatures, and where they are capable of. But perhaps like Groom Lake in the map moon, before round 1 starts an appart "mini game" in which you fight humans. Once ended, round 1 starts and the zombies show up. However, it would look more look like MP or Campaign if this is added, so Im not sure if it would be a nice add.

@JJMFPLet me share my opinions on the matters you discuss here:

1. Swimming works quite well, but I'm not sure if they should continue with it anymore unless it fits the map REALLY well... As the next map might be Stalingrad and kinda think it's more of a city based map, underwater segments might not fit well there... 

2. The zombie bosses (Panzer Soldat, Margwa etc..) are a must on BO3 because of how easy the game would otherwise be... As for easier bosses more often, or harder boss with smaller spawn rate, I'm not sure which would be better... A lot depends on how the map plays etc... Would be nice to get a challenging boss like the Panzer rather than something similar to Trashers... 

3. I must disagree with this... I want the wonder weapon back to the Random Box. It would make the box actually useful again. Also you want the wonder weapon building to be more like a easter egg rather than just finding the pieces is another thing I just can't agree with you... It only makes things tedious if it's too long and hard process and if it's easy what's the point? I think  wonder weapon upgrading could still stay EE like step progress.

4.  Those kind of EE boss fights are nice as long as they're optional. 

5. Only one wonder weapon is how it should be. Also this is why it should be in the Random Box... You know you just collected all the pieces to build the wonder weapon and someone else builds and takes it. If they are buildable, then make it 4 wonder weapons, if they are in the Random Box make it only 1. Also if there are many wonder weapons they should at least limit the ammo count significantly.

6. This collides with what you just said in the previous part... Having elemental weapons (so you're going to have 4 wonder weapons), because they are wonder weapons after all... You could always make them a bit more balanced (less ammo for example) so you couldn't just build all 4 and camp till you get bored.

7. I don't mind random perk locations... But it really just makes the game unejoyable if I have to wait forever till I get juggernog... yes it would make the game harder and more interesting, but would often mean that the average player has to get lucky to get jugg early enough... And if the map is even half as tedius as ZNS is then it's gonna be just awfully bad... It kinda works in Nuketown cause it's a small map with fast set up, but in larger maps... No just.. NO!

One thing I want also in dlc 3 is a special zombie round that actually feel even slightly challenging... Hell hounds and spiders are literally a free round + max ammo...

17 hours ago, Koslans said:

Black Ops 3 seems to have changed from a 'survival' game to a 'leave-one-zombie-alive-so-we-can-do-stuff" game.

NERF PLEASE. Playing with randoms isn't by far as fun as it used to be in my opinion. 

Hate to break it to ya, but it's always been that way, since WaW. I don't sense a change for that happening anytime soon.

• Administrators

I'm sorry, but I gotta throw down a big fat NO on faster spawning for mini-bosses. Having a meatshield with target points like the head of a Panzer Soldat or orbs on a Thrasher requires technique and concentration sure, but ramping down the difficulty just to have them appear more alongside regular zombies and whatever extra mini threat (spiders, dogs, etc) just creates an unnecessary clusterfuck.

Nothing feels worse than dealing with regular zombies while being aware of what's near your foot and attempting to remember where that big guy was last you saw him. There needs to be separation between each unique threat so you can strategize instead of unloading everything you got into a horde of different enemies in hopes to wipe 'em out.

The real challenge is knowing what may come next and worrying if your current loadout is able to handle it.

• Like 1
On 23-5-2016 at 11:29 AM, Koslans said:

Black Ops 3 seems to have changed from a 'survival' game to a 'leave-one-zombie-alive-so-we-can-do-stuff" game.

NERF PLEASE. Playing with randoms isn't by far as fun as it used to be in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, ZombieOfTheDead said:

Hate to break it to ya, but it's always been that way, since WaW. I don't sense a change for that happening anytime soon.

I pretty much never leave zombies alive. 

I haven't seen a World at War map that would need it so far.
It depends on the way you play the game I guess. Crafting a shield can be done in-between rounds for example. 

In Black Ops 1 and 2 I never needed to leave one alive either.

Granted, I'm not that good with Origins, but I never took the time to learn it anyway.

In Black Ops 3, half of the time I play with randoms, I have to wait for the round to end way too often. 

I've never experience that on Mob of the Dead for example.... 

Spoiler

And in Zetsubou no Shima, there is a plant that can hold zombies for you. ?!?!

Like... really?

5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

I'm sorry, but I gotta throw down a big fat NO on faster spawning for mini-bosses. Having a meatshield with target points like the head of a Panzer Soldat or orbs on a Thrasher requires technique and concentration sure, but ramping down the difficulty just to have them appear more alongside regular zombies and whatever extra mini threat (spiders, dogs, etc) just creates an unnecessary clusterfuck.

Nothing feels worse than dealing with regular zombies while being aware of what's near your foot and attempting to remember where that big guy was last you saw him. There needs to be separation between each unique threat so you can strategize instead of unloading everything you got into a horde of different enemies in hopes to wipe 'em out.

The real challenge is knowing what may come next and worrying if your current loadout is able to handle it.

THIS! I mean a boss needs to feel like a boss instead of just extra annoyance. I mean in DE I count the rounds when the Panzer is supposed to come and make sure I'm prepared for it... I don't want to go against him with low ammo, no shield, empty ragnaroks etc.

54 minutes ago, Koslans said:

I pretty much never leave zombies alive. 

I haven't seen a World at War map that would need it so far.
It depends on the way you play the game I guess. Crafting a shield can be done in-between rounds for example. 

In Black Ops 1 and 2 I never needed to leave one alive either.

Granted, I'm not that good with Origins, but I never took the time to learn it anyway.

In Black Ops 3, half of the time I play with randoms, I have to wait for the round to end way too often. 

I've never experience that on Mob of the Dead for example.... 

Reveal hidden contents

It depends on how you play the game... I mean back in BO1 we used to leave the last zombie alive to go hit the box, upgrade, etc.. It's not necessary though... We were playing safe. In BO2 the same reason + buildables and Staff Upgrading in Origins.

I agree that in BO3 though leaving the last zombie alive and do stuff has gone from optional to must, which is not nice and also makes enjoying the game with playing random people very hard.

Some of the gobblegums are a bit ridiculous.  My unecessary gobblegums are as follows.

1.  Killing Time (have never used it and if it is in fact EE related to the giant, then I have yet to see it.  Until then, it is my number one.)

2.  Epherimal Enhacement (I never understood why you would make a gun stronger for only a brief period of time.  It reduces the amount of points that can be gained dramatically.  Just make the points and Pack-a-Punch it, or eat a wall power if you don't want the price tag.)

3.  Lucky Crit (I don't see the need)

Just now, Koslans said:

Most gumballs are pretty useless or at least really inconvenient. 

In case you want them to be of any use, you actually need to create a scenario in which you could use them. 

I don't know about that.... I use the hell out of some in plain sight and perh-a-holic, for obvious reasons.  One is great for when you screw the pooch, it will get you out of any jam and the other speaks for itself.  

1 minute ago, JJMFP said:

I don't know about that.... I use the hell out of some in plain sight and perh-a-holic, for obvious reasons.  One is great for when you screw the pooch, it will get you out of any jam and the other speaks for itself.  

Yeah, the hide in plain sight is the only one I'd use.

It's actually really good! 

The perkaholic one... meh. 

I don't like mule kick at all. It just gets me confuse

I don't like widows wine as it gets me stuck all day.

I don't like electric cherry for all the stuff going on on my screen. 

And speed cola is useless now that you can sprint and reload at the same time. 

I have 34 perkaholics left and I don't use them, lol. 

I'd trade them for 68 licenced contractors any day. 

I actually hope they introduce some gumball melting or trading option. 

1 minute ago, Koslans said:

Yeah, the hide in plain sight is the only one I'd use.

It's actually really good! 

The perkaholic one... meh. 

I don't like mule kick at all. It just gets me confuse

I don't like widows wine as it gets me stuck all day.

I don't like electric cherry for all the stuff going on on my screen. 

And speed cola is useless now that you can sprint and reload at the same time. 

I have 34 perkaholics left and I don't use them, lol. 

I'd trade them for 68 licenced contractors any day. 

I actually hope they introduce some gumball melting or trading option. 

I have said much of the same thing.  Add that to my Number One!!!!

Give us the ability to break gummbals for divinum

What gobblegums are useful or not also depends if you're playing solo or co-op.

Phoenix Up is pretty damn good if you're playing Co-Op

In Plain Sight is one of my favorites and useful both in solo and co-op. 

Perkaholic is good and useful though I don't like Mule Kick

Alchemical Antithesis is quite good with wonder weapons if you're running low on ammo

Wall Power is actually becoming my favorite gobblegum on ZNS

Who's keeping score is always useful on early rounds when you need points

Unquenchable if you think 4 perks isn't enough

Immolation Liquidation is a free set up from random box if you choose to use box weapons

I agree that quite many gobblegums are completely useless but there are a lot of useful ones too :)

The new ones seems to be aimed at leaving zombies alive so you can do easter egg stuff. 

All it did was decreasing the chance of getting anything good, hahaha.

By the way, I hope they fix the dashboarding soon. 

As soon as you take the gum, it shall be lost forever. 

I'm jealous at people who have tons of double points gumballs and such. XDw

all I've got to say is, please NO MORE elemental weapons. Go back to the original wonder weapon designs. I'm so so so so so (so) tired of it. "oh boy another map can't wait to see what new original ideas they can push into the 4 player fire/ice/wind/whatever weapon"

maybe it's just me but I can't stand these things anymore

(keep the big optional bosses, keep the environmental stuff and the new movements, less regular boss zombies, and better WW designs: I'll be as happy as can be)

(ok and also bring back some of the creepy/horror aesthetic pls)

So far we have 2 elemental wonder weapon designs (the staffs and the bows). I'm not bored of it yet but idk if it's a good idea to recycle that idea for the third time or if they're going to use it I think it would be better on dlc4.

One thing they should add in dlc3 is a new perk... but I want it to be a good useful perk rather than "let's just add something new" that's fun to try out a couple of times and then going back to your usual perks. At least they could bring back some older perk that hasn't found it's way to bo3 yet if they can't think of an idea for a new perk. (PhD 2.0 or Vulture Aid 2.0 would be quite handy though both of them needs some changes to be made since you can't dolphin dive and Vulture Aid is a bit overpowered IMO)