Why Did Richtofen Kill Richtofen

I Am Researching Different Reasons That Richtofen Killed Richtofen

and yes i know one reason richtofen killed richtofen but i am finding another reason that the new richtofen killed the old richtofen, if you would like to help me research this topic tell me on this fourm.

richtofen_in_the_giant_by_legoguy87-d91w45k.png

200_s.gif

I'm pretty sure Richtofen killed Richtofen to get his soul into the Summoning Key, the same reason Tank and Takeo were as well.

With that said, what will this Richtofen use the Summoning Key for is the question.  We see in Shadows that it brings the octopus to the world, so what does Richtofen plan to do with it in this universe?  And with that said, can we trust the doctor?

• Like 1

To stop the events of Moon and all the events that transpired because of what the Richtofen from our Original Crew did. Because those events eventually end up with either Maxis cursing Richtofen to an eternity of being a zombie or Richtofen erasing Maxis from existence. Both of them in the Origins universe are working to stop those events from occurring, because either way they both end up in a terribly ruined world. Listen to Richtofen's quotes from The Giant:

"Mission accomplished.  Temporal disruption achieved.  The future is changed."

Clearly Richtofen hasn't yet lost his mind and, according to quotes from Origins, both he and Maxis are on good terms.

"Something is wrong, I can no longer touch.. no longer feel!  What have you done Richtofen?"

"Here, I am here my friend!  I was able to preserve your mind before you succumbed to the sickness."

and

"Ah, at last, the darkness is at an end!  I live again!  I knew my friend would not fail me."

I really doubt that there is another reason to why he killed him. 

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

To stop the events of Moon and all the events that transpired because of what the Richtofen from our Original Crew did. Because those events eventually end up with either Maxis cursing Richtofen to an eternity of being a zombie or Richtofen erasing Maxis from existence.

I think thats indeed the reason why he killed them. But why he trapped the soals of Richthofen, Dempsey, Takeo and probably Nikolai in the Summoning Key?

And why does he only kills their 1.0's in that particular universe at that particular time? There are more universes with R, D, T and N, why particular kill and trap these ones? Its something against the Apothicans, but only time will help us to know what the real reason is.

14 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I think thats indeed the reason why he killed them. But why he trapped the soals of Richthofen, Dempsey, Takeo and probably Nikolai in the Summoning Key?

And why does he only kills their 1.0's in that particular universe at that particular time? There are more universes with R, D, T and N, why particular kill and trap these ones? Its something against the Apothicans, but only time will help us to know what the real reason is.

That question is somewhat answered with this cipher from Zetsubou No Shima:

"Edward as you know it it imperative you and the group find the exact versions of yourselves that I have highlighted in each universe. Only by killing that version of yourself, in that particular universe, at that particular moment in time, will we be successful once each of your other selves are killed across all universes. Remember, we are only immune because we opened the portal in France. But I am afraid this might not be permanent. I fear there is something M isn't telling me and that there is not much time left for us."

• Like 1
  • Moderators
14 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

That question is somewhat answered with this cipher from Zetsubou No Shima:

"Edward as you know it it imperative you and the group find the exact versions of yourselves that I have highlighted in each universe. Only by killing that version of yourself, in that particular universe, at that particular moment in time, will we be successful once each of your other selves are killed across all universes. Remember, we are only immune because we opened the portal in France. But I am afraid this might not be permanent. I fear there is something M isn't telling me and that there is not much time left for us."

What? So we have to kill the 1.0's in a particular universe at a particular time, and then we have to kill each other selves in every other universe?

51 minutes ago, anonymous said:

What? So we have to kill the 1.0's in a particular universe at a particular time, and then we have to kill each other selves in every other universe?

Yes, I assume so. At least that is what it says. Whoever told Richtofen this clearly knows who M is. Whoever wrote this letter hasn't been revealed yet, though some people have speculated that Dr. Monty wrote this. I suppose we will have to wait for DLC 3, or any of the unsolved ciphers in previous Black Ops 3 maps, to get more information to this.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Yes, I assume so. At least that is what it says. Whoever told Richtofen this clearly knows who M is. Whoever wrote this letter hasn't been revealed yet, though some people have speculated that Dr. Monty wrote this. I suppose we will have to wait for DLC 3, or any of the unsolved ciphers in previous Black Ops 3 maps, to get more information to this.

The way he talks reminds me of Maxis. He calls Richthofen by Eduard, so its definately someone who knows him very well.

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

The way he talks reminds me of Maxis. He calls Richthofen by Eduard, so its definately someone who knows him very well.

That is something that should be noted. I was leaning towards Maxis writing this a bit, myself. However I also thought that this could be a Richtofen from a universe where he is far more knowledgeable than our current Richtofen, but there isn't any real evidence to prove that.  

The theory that it could be Dr. Monty is extremely far fetched. Edward doesn't know who he is and neither does Maxis. 

"Does Maxis even know who crafted these machines?"

Also, there isn't much to prove that Maxis wrote it, especially considering we see a note from this, 'M' character in Shadows of Evil. Like I said, until we solve the unfinished ciphers, or receive more intel in the coming maps, there isn't any way to prove who gave Edward this information. 

• Like 1