News Article: Season Pass Bonus and Black Market Update

In the most recent update, we Season Pass holders have received something special from Treyarch. The bonus includes:

• Black Market Bonus:

1 Weapon Bride - A Supply Drop bribe that guarentees a ranged or melee weapon
             Supply Drop Bundle - 10 Rare Supply Drops

• Dr. Monty's Factory Bonus:

Liquid Divinium - 10 Vials of Liquid Divinium

Also with the update comes the return of Contracts, that we previously saw in Black Ops. Completing these Contracts will yield rewards that include: a Bundle of 10 Rare Supply Drops and 1 Weapon Bride.

On top of these updates, the Black Market has also been refilled with new ranged and melee weapons. These include:

• FFAR (FAMAS)

img_9417.jpg img_9420.jpg

• Slash N' Burn (Axe)

img_9418.jpg

• Skull Splitter (Melee Weapon)

img_9421.jpg

• L4 Siege (Launcher)

img_9419.jpg

• Several Taunts and Gestures

What are your thoughts on these new updates?

• Like 3

I liked the bonus season pass owners got. I got HG-40 from the weapon drop :) also the new contract system and "win 75 matches" to get another bonus are nice additions and make the whole supply drop thing a bit less tedious imo.

And from the new weapons the FFAR and L4 Siege are the ones that seems interesting.

Frankly I'm surprised this happened.  Activision recently had their earnings report, and the best thing they had to say about BO3 was about the micro-transactions.

This is great news.  To think they put so much effort behind these new weapons only to lock them behind an RNG/paywall.  Surely this will help win some loyalty back.

Has COD ever changed its marketing course due to fan reaction? Can't say I've heard of it happening before (various boycotts over the years regarding dedicated servers, lag comp, etc.)

Refreshing to see that for once we are somewhat heard.

15 hours ago, Doctor Richtofen said:

I was very happy with the Season Pass Bonus as I own Black Ops 3 on both PS4 and Xbox One, however I was quite gutted they still haven't updated the Guns in the Weapon Kits for Zombies.

I don't think we'll ever get to customize the MP40 or the Garant. 
They came with predetermined attachments and I doubt they are meant to be changed. 

1 hour ago, Koslans said:

I don't think we'll ever get to customize the MP40 or the Garant. 
They came with predetermined attachments and I doubt they are meant to be changed. 

I hope we do, I'm bored of the guns in Zombies now as I'm fully max out on them :23: