2nd Musical Easter Egg

It has been solved gang. Credit to OfficiallyMad. Video is from @MrRoflWaffles channel. 

So, it would appear to be another variant of Samantha's Lullaby/Rest. I've made some analysis of each in another thread. This is definitely the 3rd of a trilogy featuring this melody. Lullaby appearing in the Moon loading screen, Rest in the Origins cutscene. It's very interesting that this one would appear so soon given the last two were featured in the penultimate map of the previous two games. I will be adding this to my doc for my analysis of all the music from WaW-present of which I will make a post soon. For now, all theories as to this songs significance is gladly encouraged! Very happy this one was solved!

• Like 3

@Rissole25 I would say it's a hybrid. As I mentioned, this is definitely a progression on Rest. Just as it was a progression on Lullaby. The main melody is absolutely Lullaby, with the secondary one coming from the back half of Rest. However, there is a third melody added here. Also, there are several instances where the last note from the Rest melody has been changed. There is also a new choral element, and it would seem there are actually some lyrics. Hopefully it shows up on Kevin Sherwoods channel so we can get a really good listen to it. And if there are lyrics, they would likely scroll on his video. 

Lastly. Given that this is the 3rd in a series of tracks, there has been a pattern with the titles. Lullaby, then Rest. So what would be the logical progression from there? Samantha's Dream? Speculat!

This is awesome! Been waiting for a decent musical easter egg like this for a while. The piano in the saloon in Buried could be played if you shot the keys, but was very limited with what you could play. Last decent musical easter egg I remember is Tifa's piano from Final Fantasy 7 where the piano had a great range and you could jam portions of many songs.

For anybody interested, the notes you are playing from left to right are D, A, D, F, G, D. I don't know how much the pitch changes between each bulb when you add/remove water, but if anyone had footage of each bulb with notes being played at each of the water levels, it would be easy to ascertain all the notes that can be played with each bulb, and which other zombie songs, if any, could be played.

Edit: First bulb/note is actually C. I was going off of 'Samantha's Lullaby' from the Moon loading screen, and I am still convinced that the note in that piece of music is a D. Strange.

Edited by DaveLo07
  • Like 1

Ooh this ones pretty cool :) Samanthas Lullaby is one of my favorite music pieces in COD zombies so it's always nice to hear it  return :)

On 1.5.2016 at 2:41 PM, tEfugleskremmel said:

So, it would appear to be another variant of Samantha's Lullaby/Rest. I've made some analysis of each in another thread. This is definitely the 3rd of a trilogy featuring this melody. Lullaby appearing in the Moon loading screen, Rest in the Origins cutscene. It's very interesting that this one would appear so soon given the last two were featured in the penultimate map of the previous two games. I will be adding this to my doc for my analysis of all the music from WaW-present of which I will make a post soon. For now, all theories as to this songs significance is gladly encouraged! Very happy this one was solved!

Isn't Samanthas Lullaby also in Nuketown zombies? This would make ZNS the fourth map to feature Samanthas lullaby