Mod tools: FIRST LOOK

Don't get all super happy and expect to see anything of value yet. Right now it's just one guy who's mapped out a river with rocks and trees. Looks REALLY nice, but no zombies elements have come into play yet. 

I'm just sitting here wondering: Wow? Is this the basics? It looks REALLY easy compared to how I used to see it. Did they improve this much from how WAW did it? Or is he just REALLY good at this and knows all kinds of little short-cuts...

Thoughts? I can't think of what else to discuss about the video...

• Like 2

Apparently the mod tools in there current state do not have any zombie content within them and it's just a very basic version available to the chosen modders right now. From what I have also heard the tools are much easier and less complex than the previous WaW ones so you could potentially see a lot more modders popping up now. Can only be a good thing in the long run.

This actually looks so awesome. If the basics look this good, I can't wait to see what stuff the modding community can bring us. Hopefully in the future, Activision will let us download and play these maps on the current generation of consoles. Being on console and not being able to get any other maps outside of the Season Pass really makes me wish I had a PC.

4 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

This actually looks so awesome. If the basics look this good, I can't wait to see what stuff the modding community can bring us. Hopefully in the future, Activision will let us download and play these maps on the current generation of consoles. Being on console and not being able to get any other maps outside of the Season Pass really makes me wish I had a PC.

I REALLY hope we get some more maps for BO3. After all, if it's just SOE, TG, and the 4 DLC maps, that's only 6 maps. Which is less then we've ever seen sense WAW. They don't have to be big, just different. 

On the topic of the mod tools: 

WOO HOO! I love easier stuff! 

(Although I'm sure installing this will still be a nightmare...)

On 4/24/2016 at 1:58 PM, Doppelgänger said:

Hit the nail on the head, I'm hoping that this will hopefully prolong the game life for the console users as I wont allow myself to get sucked back into PC gaming & the treyarch iteration of cod is pretty much the only one i get anymore, purely for zombies, here's hoping!

1 hour ago, Matuzz said:

Good stuff. Can't wait to see what the community creates-

FIRST thing I want to see created is this: 

A new boss, how you get him is original, as occasionally a red drop will spawn from zombies and look like this box of cereal: 

latest?cb=20150926193611

Once collected, this boss spawns into the map and just starts KICKING THE SHIT out of the player who got the drop. 

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

All while screaming 
GET UP ON OUTA HERE WITH MY EYE-HOLES!